Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

foreigners

Started by Clay, March 20, 2015, 03:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

The internet is a great place to meet people from around the world that you wouldn't have a chance to meet otherwise but people from other parts of the word do things differently.
What are some things you have noticed that people from other parts of the world do differently?

mm/dd/year vs dd/mm/year

http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Tslat

I have a great appreciation for Japanese people. The way they treat each other as a whole, and aren't prone to one-up-manship like the western world is very impressive.

Japanese people are the masters of common courtesy and all-around nice-ness
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

sharingjan

What I always like about americans is that they are very nice people with one flaw.
They have a great sense of patrionism which is great, but sometimes they act like
they are far superior than any other country/nation with historys far longer than america exist.
There are no stupid questions except for stupid questions

Woodsy1995

Spanish markets are in the afternoons/evenings where as In England they are in the morning
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Zito

In America we drive on the right side of the road; in many other places, it's on the left. Not to mention the cars have the driver on the right where people drive on the left as well.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

Holiday VS Vacation.

When I hear holiday I think of national I think of this definition " A holiday is a day set aside by custom or by law on which normal activities, especially business or work, are suspended or reduced. Generally, holidays are intended to allow individuals to celebrate or commemorate an event or tradition of cultural or religious significance."

When I think of vacation I think of "an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling."

Similar definitions, but if some people use holiday instead of vacation, are holidays, in the American sense(xmas/easter) , also called holidays?
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video