Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Casual Minecraft Server...

Started by RTab, January 02, 2015, 04:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTab

Hey Guys,
So Clay and I were talking and we both would like to do a semi vanilla server, basically just for the community. no admin stuff or advertising or anything along those lines, just whoever wants to be apart of it can be, the only plugins would be MCMMO, live map, and essentials and the server would have a tight-knit community just like vanilla does, or semi vanilla did. The thing Clay is not so sure about is if the server would even be used. Clay and I dont play enough to justify our own server so I would like to know if anyone else would partake in a server like this.

Let me know your thoughts!
RTab

EDIT: Clay is mean. "we"s were removed (Only we remaining is in the first sentence and this dude wants the server too so we is proper.)

Clay

that post needs more "I's" and less "we's"
:)
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

RTab

Tslat

Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Farquad94

Fancy signature

zerokiriyu

Zero-

schuminator85

Maybe we should focus on what we have? I feel like there is a perfectly good vanilla server you could play on.
It is what it is

Boromin

yh im totally up for playing on it
id like to see this happen cos if theres no white list i can get a few others to join

Blaidrug

Actually, if I was understanding it right, the only reason it wouldn't be whitelisted is because it would be a private server for the active ones of us on here.
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

RTab

Quote from: Blaidrug on January 06, 2015, 12:10:32 PM
Actually, if I was understanding it right, the only reason it wouldn't be whitelisted is because it would be a private server for the active ones of us on here.

Thats what the thought was. Its supposed to be low maintenance, easy to maintain then. All the active people on here can be trusted.

Tslat

But isn't that exactly what Vanilla is for?
Like what you see here?

RTab

Quote from: Tslat on January 06, 2015, 05:31:06 PM
But isn't that exactly what Vanilla is for?
That is open to the public? and all the applications and stuff is needed to go through. I brought the idea up to clay at the time and he liked it. he just didn't know if people would play on it and sense it sounds like hes changed his mind. I'm not sure I haven't talked to him. So i don't think this idea will even happen.

Tslat

It's perfectly open to the public.

The applications and 18+ age restriction help keep the community 'trusted', while still allowing new people in.
Like what you see here?

RTab

Quote from: Tslat on January 06, 2015, 05:37:01 PM
It's perfectly open to the public.

The applications and 18+ age restriction help keep the community 'trusted', while still allowing new people in.

The idea was just to have a closer smaller community then vanilla.

Tslat

Wouldn't it die off rather quick though?

I'd love to have another server with McMMO, I loved that plugin.
However if you're splitting a small community into an even smaller community, then not maintaining it and not bringing in new people; isn't it just going to die off rather quickly?
Like what you see here?

RTab

Quote from: Tslat on January 06, 2015, 05:45:40 PM
Wouldn't it die off rather quick though?

I'd love to have another server with McMMO, I loved that plugin.
However if you're splitting a small community into an even smaller community, then not maintaining it and not bringing in new people; isn't it just going to die off rather quickly?

This community isnt really "small" anymore. if we got people who played everyday from within the community how would it die off? picture like the Zipkrowd or Minecrack. a small tight knit group. Its not hard to make a server not die.

Tslat

The reason those two communities lasted is because they were based on youtube streaming and videos. The people running them kept playing them, regardless of whether they enjoyed it not so that they could keep producing videos.

Minecrack is not a normal Minecraft server
Like what you see here?

RTab

Who said i was making a "normal" minecraft server?

Look, I'm not trying to be rude here but I am not going to defend my point anymore when i know this server isn't going to become a thing. its not worth arguing for.

Tslat

Why don't you just host it somewhere then make a post saying it's up? See how it goes?
Like what you see here?

schuminator85

There is only 2 people that regularly play vanilla, so how much smaller can it get?
It is what it is

DietBandit

well there is you vaussee sharing smith and 1 other forgot his name lol

Blaidrug

Oh piss off XD
Only reason I've not been on recently is cuz I don't have the internetsss
Getting it set up today, tho. soooo maybe tonight lol
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

schuminator85

Either way the more, the merrier!
It is what it is

smith1701

I have done everything I can think of to get any members. If there's more people playing I'm in. I would love to be involved in a coummity we do stuff on. I will continue to play on vanilla. I am not leaving I love what I have done.i will soon build otpimas prime in my back fourty acreage.

Tslat

I have a few ideas to bring more people onto the server..haven't figured out the logistics yet though
Like what you see here?

Clay

This project is probably dead. There is no way to make this happen. See me on team speak for details.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video