Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Teamspeak and the forums

Started by Clay, November 13, 2014, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

For the last 3 or 4 months we have had around 35 people connect to Teamspeak throughout the day. The last two weeks we have had around 60 people connecting daily! Im finding it easier to get people on TS than the forums. Now I need your help figuring out how to get the people on TS to check out the forums.
How can we get some of these new people on the forums?

What do you think about;
Forum competitions, most (not spam) posts in a week gets a free game, most referrals in a week gets a prize, ect...
Linking to forum games in teamspeak. the img hunt, count to 100,and yes/no posts seem to be active boards.

Any and all ideas would be helpful.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Woodsy1995

I personally don't know what draws me to the forums I think its great because i can just have it up in the background and check it every half an hour.

But people might be drawn to checking it out if there were some more user rewards, maybe for every post or something you do you get an in game reward, there is also the idea of making the forums a more key part of the game. for example you have to look at the forums to follow battle plans or to know what stories are going on in the RP server
So On
So on

From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Lavama

Getting people to join forums these days is a good bit of an issue, yeah. I've seen a good number of forums fall, and rise, because of how hard it is. As for ideas that I've seen work... Well, it depends entirely on how dedicated those advertising for the forum are. Woodsy posted some good ideas, especially with the RP Server. This would be a good place to have outlines of all the characters out, and a good place to keep up with any changes done to the servers.