Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millarz

Headache temporarily forgotten, Arya's eyes snap up at the realization the beasts are being controlled. "They're possessed," she half announces to the group and half confirms the fact to herself. It shouldn't be a surprise to her, really, with all the possessions going on recently. The ranger cannot not get over the fact that a spirit in a different world can affect a living creature in this world. An idea dawns upon her. If that Thing can affect the over world from the spirit world, could Mayar affect the Thing from the over world? It is worth a shot to test at any rate. At Arya's thought of this decision, Mayar leaps towards the wolverine without Arya moving a muscle. His glowing white shadows of teeth stretch out aimed to find their holds in the wolverine's neck. Hopefully it leaves the wolverine's own spirit in tact. If the attack affects anything at all, that is.

Mayar Attempt Attack
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

furryoldlobster

Mayar bites.  Mayar growls.  Mayar gnaws.

...well probably anyway.  Its tough to tell from beyond the spirit world.  In the world of the living things seem to be slightly awkward looking.  The creature squeals but it quickly incapacitated by a sudden, but seemingly invisibly, force upon its back.  Only Arya truly knows what has occurred.  Mayar has defeated whatever force that controls this poor beast...for now. 

Group 1
Aila, Zeeto, Wolverine 2

Group 2
Arya, Daniel, Ashyk, Elron, Uggo, Xavier, Wolverine 1

Group 3
Kirito, Aiden, Wolverine 3
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 23/26                                        Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                             Luk: 15

Aila clicked her tongue in slight frustration, not only had she missed her last attack entirely, she had been separated from the group. She was now stuck with the incompetent elf and a seemingly bloodthirsty wolf. Between being separated into different groups and the bantering of a couple of new strangers, Aila was unable to hear what Arya had half-announced. Unlike Arya, Aila wasn't as in tune to nature, much less the spirit world. Faced with her own four legged problem, Aila had no choice but to swing with all her might, lest she end up being bitten in hesitation.

Aila's Flurry of Constant Failure Recently:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Constant Failure...I mean Flurry
MISS

Aila cannot catch a break.  This beast, unlike Arya's target, is not calm.  Aila greatest strike, an attack to its shoulder, is nothing more than a glancing blow to this creature. 

Group 1
Aila, Zeeto, Wolverine 2

Group 2

Group 3
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 12/19                                              Dex: +3     Int: +3
Strain Points:  0/24                                                Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                                 Luk: 9

'The Half Elf seems to have lost her touch' Zeeto thinks to himself. Hopefully, his attack will have more effect. Zeeto knows that if he uses magic he will jsut hurt himself, since he's been using it so much lately. As a result, he does the only thing he can think of: he runs at the creature headlong, his Khopesh at the ready, and attempts to cleave it in half.

Change Wolverine 2 in to Wolverine 2 and 4?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Zeeto's Strike
MISS

This is one lucky wolverine...for now.  Zeeto swings his blade only to completely miss his target (Aila swears she could hear the creature snicker at the sorcerer's ridiculous attempt).

The Wolverine readies its claws and attempts to swipe Zeeto.

Claw Strike
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

MISS

...barely

The Wolverine misses Zeeto by the monumentally smallest increment; its claws tearing through his clothes, and just scraping his skin.  The sorcerer is very lucky. 

Group 1
Aila, Zeeto, Wolverine 2

Group 2

Group 3

~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Necromancy... Time to put my friend back to his rest
Daniel grips his axe and swings it at Uggo
Attack versus Uggo
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Axe Attack
CRITAL HIT

Daniel, with all his massive strength, swings his greataxe, and cleaves through Uggo, like a warm knife through goat's cheese.  Daniel doesn't stop there, as his momentum continues through towards the incapacitated Wolverine who woke him!  The fighter's axe impacts just below its shoulder, nearly taking off the entire appendage.

24 damage inflicted upon Wolverine 1

Daniel's attack has an unintended benefit.  Whatever power that had the beast under its control seems to lose its grip after such a damaging strike, as the wolverine leaves the battleground into the western foliage.

Group 1
Aila, Zeeto, Wolverine 2

Group 2
Arya, Daniel, Ashyk, Elron, Uggo, Xavier,
Group 3
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

"Nice shot", Ashyk states to Daniel.  "Why are you wasting time with these jesters?"

Ashyk, without a single look of concern, turns towards Xavier.

"I've been waiting a long time for this", his face contorts to a cringing smile.  "Master"

Ashyk spins his staff over his head, and then punctures its base into the ground. 

Sunburst*
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

High level sun domain spell.  blinds all with 10ft and does 6d6 damage

~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Sunburst
HIT(s)

A cyclone of fire and flames surrounds the kneeling man and expands at Arya, Daniel, Elron, and Xavier.  It strikes Elron and Xavier, but Arya and Daniel manage to miss any fiery embers.  All four are temporary blinded by the attack.  Once they've regained sight, they are met with, not Ashyk, but a together again undead Uggo! 

It seems Ashyk has reattached his formally halved ally and fled into the forest. 

10 damage inflicted upon Elron and Xavier

Group 1
Aila, Zeeto, Wolverine 2

Group 2
Arya, Daniel, Elron, Uggo, Xavier

Group 3

2,1,2,2,2,1 were the rolls....I kid you not.

~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Aila passes out. 

Bacon deficiency is contagious or something...?

Toki is gone for the summer

Group 1
Zeeto, Wolverine 2

Group 2

Group 3
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Health Points: 12/19                                              Dex: +3     Int: +3
Strain Points:  0/24                                                Wis: +2    Cha: +1

Zeeto examines the creature, searching for some sort of weakness. Maybe he can exploit it if he finds something?

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Zeeto doesnt notice any part of the wolverine...at least not physically damaged.  Its eyes are impossible to miss though. Both the entire eyeballs are dark black, not unlike the ooze sludging from Uggos orifices.   

It is still Zeetos turn.

on my phone...doing my best to format
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Meanwhile, S'kavara actually listened to the two strangers right before they headed into battle....at least for a moment.  Then....

*boom*

Some sort of fireball went off in the middle of the fight, blinding the combatants.

The anthro panther easily spots an escaping wizard....the same one who questioned where to find S'kavara.  He has the opportunity to chase the man, run off in another direction, continue hiding, or enter one of the battle groups.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

S'kavara sees the fleeing man, and decides that he must know why they are after him. With that thought in mind, S'kavara gets down on all fours and chases after the man.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
Zero-

Zito

Zeeto concludes from the eyes that this creature is definitely possessed. Unfortunately, there is nothing he can do about it, other than end its misery. He attempts to do just that; rushing headlong at the creature. His Khopesh raised, he sets his sights severing the head from the body.

Sever?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Mid swing can be a long time for a swordsman like Zeeto.  Mid-swing can be an eternity, which can sometimes be a good thing.  Although the other group is 20 feet away, he noticed what happened when Daniel struck his target.  This somehow knocked some sense into it. 

Regardless, this might work too.

See; Mid-swing can be a long time.

CRITICAL HIT
14 damage inflicted upon Wolverine.

Zeeto's blade, although strikes true, doesn't completely sever this creature's head.  The once dark eyes of the creature fade to normalcy and begin to bear their normal resemblance.  Very injured, Wolverine 2 saunters back into the woods. 

Zeeto may now join either battle group (PM me so the board stays relatively clean)

Group 2

Group 3

S'kavara wastes no time and bolts after the man.  Running on all fours, he is at least twice as fast as his prey.  Within minutes, he's perfectly tracked the fleeing man, and is within pouncing distance.   
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Elron peers at zombie Uggo with only one intent. 

Sandwich!

Elron pulls a sandwich out of his pocket. 

It looks like ham and cheese.

Uggo looks back to his attacker, Daniel, who sliced the ugly zombie clean in half.  He rears his scythe and swings at the fighter.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

HIT

The ugly bastard's blade slices through Daniel's armor and into his lower torso.

5 damage inflicted on Daniel

In one fluid motion, Xavier throws a single knife at Uggo.

~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

MISS

Xavier's projectile misses by a very wide margin and instead hits a tree to the right of Uggo.

Aiden, Kirito, and the final Wolverine have stopped fighting entirely.  Whatever spell cast upon the creature has worn off.  The residual effects of Arya's spell has left the creature playful.

Aiden whispers something to Kirito, who quickly hops on the wolverine and the three head off into the northwest woods. 

Group 2
Arya, Daniel, Zeeto, Uggo, Xavier

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Intent to find out what was going on, he quickly launches at the runner, but is mindful as to try and not harm him.

Harmless capture?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

S'kavara leaps through the air like a lion to gazelle, only a smaller, frailer, and less delicious gazelle. The man grunts and inhales at the same time when hitting the ground hard, knocking any air from his lungs.  Gasping for any semblance of oxygen does very little when one finds himself with a full grown Anthro Panther comfortably sitting on his back.  The man isn't permanently injured and can maintain a conversation.   
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Taking off his shirt, S'kavara uses it as twine and ties the mans arms behind his back. He leans the man against a tree so that the man may return to breathing. S'kavara sits not far from the man, no more than two feet from the man. This was S'kavara's attempt the make the man understand that he was not going to get away if he tried. After just staring at the bound man for several minutes, S'kavara looks directly into his eyes and asks one question. "Do you know who I am?"
Zero-

furryoldlobster

A jaded smirk creeps across the man's face. 

"Of course", exclaims the man with a quick labored laugh afterward.  "A better question might be, do you know who you are?  How many years has it been since you were home, S'kavara"

The Battleground

Group 2
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Pain seems to pass over S'kavara's face, as the thoughts of his beginning slash through his mind."I was three. The men raged through his farm. We only had but minutes before they got there. Some how my mother managed to collect some supplies and find a way to escape from there before they reached us. I watched them as they made him kneel before "HIM". I watched as "HIS" claw raised and lowered on the kneeling man. I watched as the man, I grew up from, become nothing more that a lifeless animal."The pain seemed to fade from his eyes, to only be replaced with pure hatred and anger. S'kavara's angered gaze stayed true into the mans eyes."How is it that you know of Pansa Shima? I have yet to meet anyone of this land that was familiar with it. At best, the few that even know of it, pretend it doesn't exist. Now here you are, acting as if you know of, not only of that place, but of me as well."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara takes a long look at the tied up man, and then lifts his cloak from his shrouded face.   

His pale skin looks as if it's never seen day, and deep green eyes that don't just peer at S'kavara, but through him.  His dark brown hair is shoulder length, but only because its so disheveled.  It might otherwise appear longer, but for now it nearly randomly points in any direction like the coat of some feral creature.  His creeping smile looms of both pain and vengeance, and eclipses his entire jawline.   

His clothes don't belong to a hunter.  They do look familiar, although S'kavara can't place it yet.  Underneath his cloak is a simple dark black leather vest, with matching pants.   The lone identifying feature of his garb is his belt buckle.  Its some sort of emblem, although not a familiar one.  Its an upside down bronze 'A' inside a ovular ring of red stained metal. 

He carries no weapons other than the staff knocked from him via a well placed Anthro Panther pounce.  Its made of wood and brilliantly carved to bear the resemblance of a three and a half foot brown and black serpent.  A simple green orb is in the faux creature's mouth, held in place by its long decorative teeth.   

"Hand me my staff, and maybe I'll show you", the man states straightforward.  "What's the worst that can happen?"

The Battleground

Group 2

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

S'kavara reaches over and takes the staff into his hand. After looking at it for a second, he looks back at the man. S'kavara studies the man, then decides that it would be best not to do something like that."I would rather keep your hands bound, and the staff in mine. I have no wish to kill you as of yet, but I do not mind removing a few appendages, one at a time, until I get the answers I seek. Speaking of which, shall I prove my words to you now?"S'kavara's grip tightens around the staff, but even with such a clue as to what was to happen, S'kavara moves in blinding speed. The man didn't even see the staff, all he knew was that the earth was suddenly in his face, and a searing pain across his face. He could only guess that the Anthro Panther, had used his own weapon against him. It was but a second later that he began to feel a pain that was so overwhelming that he would never be able to describe it, that is if he survived this encounter. S'kavara wasted no time. The moment the man hit the ground face first, the Panther stood over him. S'kavara's forefinger claw was slowly digging into the man's pinkie just above the knuckle that connected it to his hand. The claw buried itself deeper and deeper till it began to grind against the bone. S'kavara was wiggling it around, as if carving something into the poor man's pinkie bone."That is once that you did not answer in a satisfactory way. Unless you want me to eventully move on to disabling you entire arm, or maybe leg, I suggest you keep it at only one. Now, what do you know of me, and what transpired on Pansa Shima?"
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Normal conversation can't be heard from the rambunctious battle ground, but anyone within miles could hear his scream.  Just a moment of forcing himself silent leads to another deep, yet cackling, laugh. 

"But everyone in Pansa Shima knows the story of the bastard son of the King", he starts.  "how he passed away tragically along with his treasonous spy mother.  Only....the King began to hear of the exploits of an Anthro Panther within one of the guilds....He knows you're alive, S'kavara!".

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

"My mother was no treasonous spy..." With out delay from his words, using the rest of his claws, S'kavara rips the flesh of the man's pinkie from his bones. S'kavara lifts the man back up to his back side, and slams him into the tree. After taking a moment to show the man his own skin fillet, S'kavara continues his investigation. "Why is he still looking for me. Surely he has raped some poor farm girl, and found a new bastard  the thrown by now? How is it you come by this information? As far as I know, no human has ever delved into the happenings of Pansa Shima, at least not willingly."
Zero-

Millarz

Having missed the events of the entrance of the four new people present, Arya is completely confused. Headaches and dizzy fits happen to pick the worst times to strike it seems. Not knowing whether or not to trust the wizard or the other men who had just seemed to materialize from no where, Arya picks attacking Uggo as the safest course of action. At least he should most undoubtedly be killed... again. "Mayar, try pouncing Uggo like you did that wolf," the ranger directs. Perhaps all undead work the same and Mayar can eject the Thing from its vessel. It doesn't hurt to test her guess either way.

Mayar pounce
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

CRITICAL MISS

Arya signals Mayar to leap on his target, but her bout of confusion causes her to use the wrong motion.  Instead of jumping atop Uggo, Mayar phases back to the overworld and attempts to hop on Arya tongue first, and tail wagging. 

He cocks his head right, then left, in confusion after going right through her, and whines appropriately. 

Group 2

The man spits what looks like mostly blood.  "You really don't know.  Do you?"  Despite his excruciating pain, the man manages another guttural laugh.  Its really more groan that laughter, but S'kavara gets the picture.  "Well I guess all of you are in for a surprise."

The man yells an unfamiliar phrase, "Et Kahun Lahs Meh!".  His staff, still in S'kavara's paw-hands, begins to burn the Anthro Panter, who is forced to drop the serpentine weapon.  Sparks begin flying from the staff, emanating from the orb within the fake snake mouth.  The once green spherical gemstone is now bright orange and shows no sign of cooling off. 
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel looks at uggo before going in for another attack, this time aiming for Uggos neck.
Off with his head
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

HIT

Daniel Swings his greataxe leaving a headless Uggo in its wake. 

7 damage inflicted on Uggo

Arya, Daniel, and Zeeto receive 140 exp for slaying Uggo (twice), and scaring off Wolverine 2. 

The battle is over, but a ruckus continues in the direction Ashyk went fleeing.  Several screams first, followed by something vaguely firecracker-ee. 

"Those screams sounded like Ashyk!", states Xavier.  "He can't be far then!"  Xavier doesn't await a response and immediately heads towards the noise.

Meanwhile, the staff continues behaving like a staff shouldn't.  The orb lifts itself from the serpants mouth and begins to float above the ground.  Spinning violently, it creates a ring of energy that orbits around it, and doesn't look to be slowing down. 

Ashyk, looks onward, maniacally laughing without mercy to his own wounds, or whatever damage the Anthro Panther intends.   

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

he looks at his hand, then back at the staff. His attention becomes decided as the orb begins it's dance, the sounds of the battle ending then someone running this way. The mans death would be an easy way out for the idiot, but S'kavara could not let his past come to light. In able to grasp the time to think, he does the first thing that comes to mind. Grabbing the mans jaw he forces it open, then he pulls the mans tounge from his mouth and violently rips it from its connection. "You know far to much of things that must not be spoken. I'm going to allow you to live, but with a curse of silence." S'kavara shows the man his tounge, then tosses it at the man's torso. He looks back towards the now quiet battle field just before grabbing his three sacks and darting off towards the west. "I'm sorry Aiden, but no one must know. If I wait for you, question would follow. Good-bye, my only friend." his words go unheard as his form melts into the shadows of the night, and he disappears.
Zero-

danny4rest

Finally, undead get on my nerves,
Daniel looks toward where the man ran off and says "So, are we going to rest, or go into the forest at night chasing after a couple strange men (who are obviously in a fight with each other) heading towards a scream of another man?"

Zito

"I just need rest. I couldn't handle another fight in this state" Zeeto says wearily.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Not a second after S'kavara attempts his surreptitious escape the orb explodes in a brilliant and massive fireball, expanding around where it once hovered.  Everything within 15 feet is vaporized, including the tongueless tied man.  The explosion knocks S'kavara forward, sending him flying into a nearby shrubbery.  He is hidden at the moment.  Xavier is tossed backwards, but thankfully a tree blocks his journey before an overabundance of momentum takes hold.  The force is enough to daze the stranger, but not knock him unconscious. 

Everyone at the battlefield easily feels the sudden force of the explosion and can easily pinpoint its epicenter. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

All weariness momentarily vaporized by the sudden surprise explosion, Zeeto rushes off to investigate the scene. Once there, he looks around and takes in all that he sees.

Spot Check

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

danny4rest

Daniel follows the elf to the explosion scene.

furryoldlobster

The first sight Zeeto sees is a still smoldering crater.   The radius is at least 7ft long extending from the most charred point, which Zeeto deems to be the epicenter.  There is nothing but dark carbon scorched dirt and stumps within the circle.  Even trees outside of the explosion show signs of extreme wind and pressure; branches broken and hanging away from the explosion. 

Zeeto and Daniel hear a groan to their right.  Its Xavier.  The blast must have knocked him into the nearest barrier; in this case, an oak.  The stranger struggles to get himself on his feet, but manages to do so. 

"Where is S'kavara?!", he yells...or rather attempts to.  The explosion knocked all the air out of Xavier's lungs so it sounds more like, "Air is SKarah!  Air is Skarah!"

~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

That's it... I have had enough of sorcery and sorcerers and especially of fools who delay me.
Daniel walks over to Xavier and grabs him by the shirt and lifts him up
"Tell me exactly who you and your band of fools are and what did this, before i decide to throw you across this crater for your interruption of my quest!"
Intimidate
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Zito

'Well, I guess that's one way of getting things done' Zeeto thinks to himself when Daniel assaults the much smaller man.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Xavier unleashes a high pitched scream, not unlike the sound of kettle whistle.  It was awkward.

"Let me down!  Let me down!", he pleads the massive fighter.  "We're from a small guild to the south.  I'm the lead cleric, and Ashyk was a former student of mine.  Two men approached the guild nearly a fortnight ago, looking for something called an Anthro Panther.  No one had any idea what they were talking about.  We had no such guild-members".

"They promised gold and power in exchange for the one called S'kavara. Our leader refused to help track down anyone without a proper explanation...but Ashyk on the other hand.  Well, Ashyk has always been easily tempted.   He left before the next morning.  Elron and I were dispatched to find the rouge guild member.  Not a moment after we departed, a huge explosion destroyed our guild building.  I have no doubt the two strangers caused the deaths of every guild member besides Elron and myself.  Ashyk was our only lead...."

~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

First i will get Albert back, then im going to track down that over-sized housecat and get some answers
Daniel drops the man roughly and  turns toward Zeeto
"Looks like the walking carpet has something to hide, lets track him down after you help me retrieve Albert, i want to know what these men this one is talking about were after him for, agreed?"

Millarz

The double whammy of Mayar's bright light going through Arya's head and the explosion leaves the ranger temporarily blinded and slightly deafened. This, combined with her previous dizzy fit, leaves the ranger and the Millarz that controls her quite confused as to what the heck is going on at the moment. With her ears still ringing, Arya calls out, "Hey, someone. Who was that man that was with Uggo and who is still here? I can't see very well at the moment." She blinks her eyes and attempts to open them in a squint, but it is painful and she can only see blotchy shapes, though they are starting to form clearer pictures. At least her headache is gone.

danny4rest

Im done waiting...
Daniel turns and replies "It was just some poor excuse of a necromancer and a couple of his nobody guildmate friends, i would suggest investigating this, after we retrieve Albert, as Albert will increase our chances of hunting these fools and the fleabag panther down, and getting some answers... So can we finally get to saving my friend? If not then i guess i will just have to take advantage of the elf being tired and take his items... So would you rather keep the elf with all his parts attached or will you help me because i am done with this prancing about while my friend is unjustly imprisioned, so choose!" Daniel draws his axe and gets a tight grip on it.

furryoldlobster

Coming out of her daze, Arya looks around.  She sees Uggo, who's lost his head; a would be thief incapacitated, courtesy of Uggo; and an unconscious Aila on the ground.  Aiden and Kirito are no where to be seen.  She vaguely recalls them ride a wolverine into the woods.  Mayar points his paw, leading her in the direction of the remaining party members. 

She arrives just as Daniel finishes interrogating Xavier.  He hits the ground with an exasperating grunt.  "Please, I've answered your questions", Xavier starts.  "I can help you find this Albert, if you'll let me.  Where is he imprisoned?"
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel pauses before speaking to Xavier
"Albert is imprisoned in the city by the city guard, he is too big to fit inside so i would assume he is in a cage outside, he was imprisoned in an attempt to gain leverage over me to take everything the elf has, i would appreciate any help i can get. The guards of the city are corrupt." Daniel pauses before saying "I would not be surprised if they are connected to the men you were talking about."

furryoldlobster

"City...Do you mean the nearby Shaded City?  They've a guild there.  Maybe these men seeking the Anthro Panther will search there next...?" Xavier responds. 

The cleric clearly knows nothing of the Shaded City's guild's demise.  Who want to break the news to him?
~ cinema sign.