Main Menu

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

Bite Aila
HIT

The creature latches on to Aila's right leg and tears a piece of flesh from it. 

6 damage inflicted on Aila

Battle Order:
Zeeto, Daniel, Giant Spider, Arya, Aila, Spider 3, S'kavara, Colfar
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He was beginning to grow bored with the situation. He looked upon the massive spider creature. Due to its size, that one would be the greatest threat. He darts towards it. Upon reaching a striking distance from the creature, he twists his body and attempt to slice the creature with a spinning backhand swing.

Spinning backhand on the giant spider.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Spinning Backhand
MISS

S'kavara wisely attacks the largest threat on the battlefield.  Unfortunately, the creature blocks the Antro Panther's blade with its own claws, just as it did with Daniel's strike.  Despite concentrating on Aila, this creature seems to have clear vision in every direction! 

Battle Order:
~ cinema sign.

Zito

'Good job Aila' Zeeto thinks, just before she gets a hunk of her leg ripped off. 'Well, that's going to leave a mark.' 'At least she managed to kill the second spider...' Seeing the next spider distracted with Aila's leg, Zeeto takes this moment to attempt a strike. He rushes at it, and swings his Khopesh in a deadly arc, straight for its stinger.

Deadly Arc
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

HIT

Zeeto's moment of brilliance is quelled when he realizes S'kavara had already sliced this stinger clean from the body.  He nicks quite a bit of torso nonetheless.

5 damage inflicted on spider 3

The creature's balance wavers, but maintains, and it still stands.

Battle Order:
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Hmm, Crafty bugger, strong enough to stop my axe but... not strong enough to keep me from getting it back, and why didn't it dodge me? if it had i would have been stuck there and open for attack... unless, it isn't fast enough... And it hit the tree... looks like it gave me a new weapon then huh
Daniel backs up until he was behind the now weak tree and hits the end facing the spider with his axe to make it fall on too the giant spider
Attack versus... tree
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Tree Fell
SUCCESS

It takes only one chop from Daniel's mighty greataxe: The blade impacts frozen tree, shattering ice in every direction.  He quickly moves out of the way, but how lucky will the rest of the group and the two enemies be??? 

Universal Luck Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

All group members know what's coming the moment they hear the greataxe's strike.  They intentionally wait until the last possibly moment and leap out of its path. 

20 damage inflicted on all enemies

The smaller enemy is instantly squished into arachnid jelly.  The giant spider, although quite damaged, isn't dead.  It is quite stuck for only a moment before it breaks free of its arboreal prison.  It focuses on Daniel after his brilliant felling technique and leaps at the oversized human.

Claw Strike
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Claw Strike
HIT

Daniel sees his attacker fly through the air and towards him.  A smaller human might try to dodge....Daniel stands his ground.  He blocks the first strike with ease, but the creature swivels its second claw for an unavoidable attack. 

6 damage inflicted on Daniel

Battle Order:
Zeeto, Daniel, Giant Spider, Arya, Aila, S'kavara, Colfar
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Jeez louise would that thing die already? Arya aims her bow and shoots again at one of the spider's eye.

Shoot
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

furryoldlobster

Arya's Shot
MISS

Arya's carefully aimed shot is rendered moot by a quick defensive claw swipe. 

Battle Order:
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 5/11                                        Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                             Com: +3   Luk: 15

The pain shot through her leg and straight into her head. It was mind-numbing, excruciatingly painful. She could feel the flesh tear away from her skin and the warm blood start to run down her leg. It hurt, but thankfully the pain wasn't enough to dull her senses to the point she'd be crushed by a tree. She leapt back just in time to avoid the large tree crashing down before her, squishing the bug that had ripped her flesh. "Deserved it" she though as it's exoskeleton crumbled beneath the large tree's weight. The larger spider somehow survived it.

A second passed before the creature was free and leapt at the over-sized human. Why he stood his ground, Aila didn't know, but his first deflection was marvelous. She could say some things about the claw that struck into his side though. Just after an arrow flew past Aila, but the beast was quick and blocked. That was her chance, in the moment the creature moved the claw to block. Aila struck, aiming for the joints that connected the claw to the beast. She wanted that claw gone.

Aila's Flurry on the Claw's Joints:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?

furryoldlobster

Flurry
MISS

Aila's volley of swings breaks through the distracted beast's guard; however, the half-elf didn't put enough strength into her strike to crack through its tough exoskeleton.  The creature is beginning to become overwhelmed with this sheer number of distractions, but stands its ground. 

Battle Order:
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

If he could just find a blind spot to the creature, he would be able to land a much better blow. He looks around the battle field in hops to see one.

Blindspot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Spot Check
SUCCESS

S'kavara quickly surveys the beast and sees a particularly vulnerable spot where the tree sliced part of its exoskeleton open on the top of its back. 

Battle Order:

Note it is still S'kavara's turn because all he did was quickly analyze any weaknesses.  He may finish his turn with an action, or another check
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Everybody, who has been anticipating S'kavara's next move, became somewhat disappointed when all the anthro panther does is spin three times, lie down, yawn, and take a quick nap. 

Battle Order:
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

S'kavara was faux-sleeping as a diversionary tactic! 

Battle Order:
Zeeto, S'kavara, Daniel, Giant Spider, Arya, Aila, Colfar
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 10/10                                    Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points: 0/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9
Gold: 0

Zeeto watches as S'kavara looks the creature up and down, and seems to notice something on the top of the creature's back. Looking more closely, Zeeto sees that it's a break in the creature's exoskeleton! Knowing that this thing will outlast them all if they drag this fight out much longer, Zeeto prepares for what might be his final attack. He is mentally exhausted from so much Spellcasting throughout the day, and this spell could take everything he has left right out of him. Zeeto attempts to run at the creature, and leap over its extremely menacing pincers. He goes on to attempt to stab his Khopesh directly in to the creature's fleshy inside, straight though the break in its armor. All the while, Zeeto is attempting to charge his weapon with extreme amounts of electricity using the Shocking Grasp spell. "Cover me Anthro!" Zeeto yells at the Anthro just before attacking.

A Shocking Experience
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

Feeling a bit foolish from his faux-sleeping, he stands and studies the wound. His train of thought is quickly disrupted, when the elf began his onslaught of the creature. With several more years of training, the elf might have looked majestic as he jumped onto the creatures back, but instead looked more like a bull rider that forgot how to ride. The elf screamed out for S'kavara to cover him, but what the hell does he do. You just leaped onto a massive scorpospider! The creature caught his attention, as the stinger was rising up its back, readying for the kill of the being on its back. With out thinking he aims a sword strike the the stinger as an attempt to sever yet another from its host.

Severing the stinger with his short sword.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Shocking Event
HIT

Zeeto awkwardly rides the creature until balanced enough to plunge his electrified blade into its back. 

11 damage inflicted on enemy

Zeeto is exhausted from all the spellcasting, and instead damages himself!

Zeeto's spell causes 7 damage to himself

The attack is enough to destroy the beast, who collapses as S'kavara attempts to attack, causing him to miss his intended target. 

Congratulations! Zeeto, Daniel, Arya, Aila, and S'kavara gain 650 experience. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 3/10                                    Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points: 0/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9
Gold: 0

"Well, that was fun" Zeeto says as he clumsily stumbles off of the dead creature's back. "I think I'm going to go over here for a bit" Zeeto says, and proceeds to wearily walk over to a nearby Oak, and trance out. He is completely drained from the fights, and if anything else were to attack now, he would be easy pickings for it. He is not in any shape for another battle.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Soon after Zeeto goes into his trance...

"Ret...", barely sounds from Coflar.  The half-ling is still alive!  "Ret...riev...".  He's trying to say something, but its impossible to make out unless right next to him. 
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

This is the best chance im going to get if i want to bend to the sheriff's will... To hell with him, i would rather give Orcus a sponge bath than do what that miserable pile of secrets tells me to.
Daniel looks at the spider, then at the elf who now is sleeping, before turning to the girl who he recognizes from the inn fiasco,
"I have been meaning to catch up to you and your group, first i must offer my apologies for my behavior at the inn, I was recovering from ingesting wolfsbane to cure a disease i had caught while travelling, and i was in a bad state, so i hope this will start to pay for my dishonor."
He reaches into his bag and pulls out 10 gold and hands it to the girl.
"Now, I have also come seeking help, the sheriff in town has taken my companion Albert and is holding him until i retrieve everything that the elf has on him, down to the clothes on his back. I want to enlist your aid in retrieving Albert and ending the corrupt law enforcement of this town. I don't have much i could offer as payment, but I would return the favor by aiding you in whatever task you are on."

zerokiriyu

As seeing none of his companions come to his aid, S'kavara walks to the wither almost dead body. He leans down and attempts to hear the words he is speaking.

Shhhh! I'm listening!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Colfar does his best to speak loudly, but only S'kavara, who is focusing his attention on the dying half-ling, can hear him. 

"They're called retrievers", Colfar speaks, coughing in between words.  "Someone, a mage probably....sent them out...someone knows...".  Colfar speaks his last words, and drifts into an eternal slumber. 

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He listens the the beings heart slowly stop beating. S'kavara knew he would die, and there was nothing he could do. After using his fingers to close the half-lings eyes, he stands and looks down at the midget. He did not know the ritual the group would use to aid the midgets passing to the other realm, he whispers something in Pansa tongue. His actions and the sound of his voice, clearly showed that he was praying of sorts and wishing the half-ling to rest in peace. He turns back to the group and says in a some what loud and irritated voice,"What are we going to do now?"The words of the half-ling echoed through his mind, but he didn't know if he should tell the group or not. In telling them he may only spark fear into them, or worse, they would show more stupidity and act as if it ment the wind would blow tomorrow. The fact that this "mage" was able to conjure something like that, it meant they were far more powerful then probably all the group combined, but to not tell them would mean their death anyway. For the first time in a long time, he didn't know what to do next.
Zero-

Tokilin

Health Points: 21/26                                        Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                            Luk: 15

Aila watched the beast fall, it's exoskeleton steaming from the jolt Zeeto had delivered to what Aila would assume be its nervous system through the tail. A large sigh escaped her lips and she glimpsed down to her leg to see the wound that had been inflicted upon her. At her second glance, it didn't seem to be as bad as it had during the heat of battle. She sat down beneath the oak tree that had previously occupied her and Colfar earlier.

Speaking of the Halfling, he died during that last battle. Despite the fact that she had won the bet and didn't have to give up her things, she could claim his share of the loot.

She watched as Daniel approached Arya and begin to proposition her. Aila did her best to staunch her wound and listen in to the conversation.

furryoldlobster

Despite Arya's best efforts, her consciousness begins to waver mid-conversation.  She collapses before Daniel receives a response! 

...stupid bacon deficiency.

He'll have to ask another member of the party for information.  Perhaps the half-elf will be more useful.   

The disheveled battleground gives way to several depressing thoughts: the team's guide & healer is gone.  The half-elf may begin to hallucinate soon.  Everyone is exhausted.    That frozen tree made retriever jelly.  Is it marketable?

The gang knows vaguely understands the route to the cave but may not be in any sort of shape to travel further today. 
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel turns to the half-elf and repeats his proposition.

Tokilin

Aila, still holding her wound, looked at the man who had turned to her from Arya. First she looked at the gold in his hand. "Where did you get that? Surely you would have paid the Inn lady back first if you had that kind of money to just give out in compensation. You did kind of break her door." After stating what she had said, she shifted slightly to look up into the tall man's face from her sitting postion. ""Also, if the sheriff has taken your companion, surely there was  a reason. Sheriffs don't just take people for no good reason. Aila had a plain look on her face while she said this. She wasn't about to go against a sheriff in a town for no good reason, and a man who feels the need to smash doors down with his axe hasn't got the most pull in a conversation. "And as for the goal of this group, you're better off asking the elf or girl that just passed out. I'm a guest here, not a main member.

Zito

Hearing someone mention an Elf, Zeeto slowly gets up from his position under the Oak. He winces a bit as he has developed one heck of a headache on the last few minutes. "What was that about me?" Zeeto asks the two standing before him.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Groaning, Arya blinks open her eyes. Wait. Why was she on the ground? Wasn't she just fighting a hoard of spiders a few moments ago? What happened? The rumbling in Arya's stomach answered her. Stupid SBD. She saved one of those bacon strips from the other halfling, didn't she? Shuffling her hands around her pockets, she retrieved a slice of bacon wrapped up in a napkin she had grabbed from the inn. This strip certainly wasn't fresh... but it would have to do. Down the hatch it went. At least it still tasted like bacon.

Shifting her weight to get up, Arya's head starts pounding. She grimaces at the pain as she stands. "What have I missed?" she groans. The bacon, having made its way to her stomach, slowly revives her senses and her headache wanes. The ranger sees a new person present: the oaf from the inn. Oh lovely. "What are you doing here?" she asks a little more gruffly than she meant to.

danny4rest

Turning to the girl who felt the need to fall asleep
"I came here originally to apologize for my behavior at the inn, I was not myself" he said before sighing
"Now I know you all may not have to best impression of me, and I know that from what you have seen you might think me some sort of barbaric oaf, but I deeply regret my actions, I pay this compensation as I regret such a dishonor, but I need your help, the sheriff took Albert as a way to make sure I took everything form him," he gestures to the elf " As he said that the elf had robbed someone blind and left them with nothing left, and he threatened to kill my companion if I did not do this task. So, I beg of you, please help me retrieve Albert from the sheriff, if you aid me I will join you and help you in any way I can."

Zito

"We need to check out a nearby cave, but I see no reason we couldn't help you get your friend back afterwords. He is held captive in Shaded City, correct?" Zeeto replies to the big man.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Ayra was taken back at the... civility of the man. Is he pretending to be sorry or was he genuine? Then again, if he truly was the oaf Arya thought he was, that oaf wouldn't have the brains to pull off this pretending. Maybe he was being genuine. Still, Ayra will be wary of him until she is sure.

Replying to his proposition, Arya says, "While it is true some things were taken from the shop keeper, it was barely anything compared to the shop's contents as a whole. The sheriff was either lying or mistaken." Hmph. Sheriffs are hot-headed, power hungry slugs and barely any sheriff around these parts proved Arya's view of them wrong. She thought over this man's dilemma. He could have done a number on Zeeto, but he decided to offer help instead. Perhaps there was hope in the former oaf being helpful instead of destructive. "As to your predicament," she continues, "I believe we should help you on the condition that you help us in return. Are you aware of the attack on the guild a few days ago?"

furryoldlobster

The dead half-ling is already long forgotten as Daniel and the group amicably socialize.  Within moments, Colfar's corpse begins to convulse and spasm.  Despite the gaping whole in its chest, the tiny man stands itself and peers at the group.  A few seconds after, he turns around and begins to walk along the lake.  He travels in the same direction the group was headed before the retriever encounter. 
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

"Yes he is in the shaded city, and I have heard of the guild attack, If you aid me in retrieving Albert I will help you in whatever quest you may be on." then suddenly Daniel stiffens
""No!", the same hunter screams.  "The spider!  It does something to ya.  Uggo....he...he came back!""
What did he mean by came back anyway... unless.
Daniel spins around to were the impaled Halfling was.

Tokilin

Aila's head snapped in the direction of the movement. Did the dead body jus- her suspicions were confirmed when it got up on it's two feet. It kind of looked at the party and then began walking off in the direction they were headed. Obviously Colfar was going to come through on his end of the bet and lead her to the cave for her riches. Taking to her two feet, Aila followed Colfar, stealthily. You never know when a dead companion suddenly felt like chowing down on your brains.

Move Silently:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
   All the while Aila was following Colfar, zipping from tree to tree in an attempt to mask her presence, she eyed him up and down carefully. What exactly was causing this miniature human to move when it was quite clear he was lifeless earlier?

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Zito

"It seems our little chat will have to wait until later. Apparently, Colfar is on a mission." Zeeto says to the group. "I think we should follow him."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

danny4rest

"Good idea" Daniel follows the undead Halfling.

furryoldlobster

Aila's Move Silent
SUCCESS

The gang follows the reanimated half-ling along the lake.  Aila surreptitiously zips from tree to tree, hiding behind each one along the way.  The rest of the group is more lackadaisical in their approach.  Lackadaisical and loud.  Colfar doesn't seem to mind. 

Aila's Spot Check
SUCCESS
Aila notes Colfar's fatal wound.  It is strikingly similar to the injuries of the battered man they met after battling the Sea-Lion.  The flesh has already putrefied around the retriever damaged area.  The once red blood has been replaced with oozing, thick, black tar like substance.  It must have been the retriever that caused this!

Its nearly dark when they've arrive to the mouth of the cave an hour and a half later.  Zombie-Colfar wastes no time and immediately enters the cavernous abyss.  Everyone else waits a beat to survey the area.

The lake, now simultaneously reflecting both the setting sun, and the incoming moon, is to the south of the cave, but within vision.  The cave itself loomed of impenetrable blackness.  The only sound was of dripping water emanating somewhere through its natural halls.   In between the lake and cave lies a clearing with no more than a 40 ft radius.   

The gang gains 4 sp during the trip.

Zeeto, Aila, and Daniel  regain 2 hp during the trip
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Seeing the pitch-black cave ahead, Zeeto knows they will need some form of light inside. He knows he doesn't have much left, but attempts a spell anyways. He pulls out his Khopesh, and attempts to cast Continual Flame on the weapon, to use it as a light source.

Continual Flame
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Continual Flame
SUCCESS

Despite the battle, and then subsequent journey, Zeeto is determined to explore.  His spell takes  a toll on him, as he doesn't have enough concentration to perform the spell without harming himself.

Spell causes 8 strain on Zeeto
Spell inflicts 2 damage on Zeeto

A small flame spreads over the entire blade, harmless to the sorcerer, but quite damaging to anything the sword might touch.  However, it will be extremely draining to keep the spell going on long. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Seeing Zeeto kill himself over light, Arya tries to run up and stop him before he tries. "No don't do that you dunce!" Arya shouts. "Mayar is plenty light enough." It is too late to stop him though. At least it makes his sword more powerful...

Tokilin

Health Points: 23/26                                        Dex: +2     Int: +0

Aila was just ahead of the group. Although Colfar wasn't exactly looking for her, she had keep her stealthy self close enough to be ahead of the pack when they arrived at the cave. Her first thought though was why Colfar, the undead halfling peaked her curiosity. She had to know, and getting to the treasure first is always a good thing to do. It may have been dusk, but for Aila the half-elf, there was more than enough light for her to see ahead of herself in the cave. She didn't need any fancy, self killing light swords to guide the way. Not yet anyway.

She wasted no time in following Colfar, listening to the group seemingly bicker of the wasted energy on a weapon of illumination. She didn't know what was in the cave though, and still had to be cautious. She bent low into her stealthy like movement pose and crept after Colfar into the cave doing her best not to make any noise.

Move Silently:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
   While she was doing to her best to keep Colfar in her eyesight, she constantly looked around the cave expecting danger and possibly a locked chest that had been promised in the area.

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 12/19                                              Dex: +3     Int: +3
Strain Points:  0/24                                                Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                                 Luk: 9

"What if there are different branches in there? Mayar can't light them all." Zeeto replied to Arya. It didn't matter to him either way. As an Elf, he could see just fine inside the cave. He was worried about the others not being able to see. You never know when some creature might jump out at you in there. It tends to help fighting a bit when you can actually see what you're fighting. Zeeto watched as Aila sneakily snuck behind the creepy Colfar into the cave. He wasn't sure why she was trying to sneak up on a zombie. 'Ah well, everybody to there own I guess...' he thought "I don't know about the rest of you, but I think we need to get in there as soon as possible. We don't know what might be lurking out here. Whatever is lurking in there, at least there's treasure behind it." Zeeto then proceeds to enter the cave, following the half-dead half-ling.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Arya shook her head to herself. Sure, extra light is nice, but it isn't worth hurting himself over it. There happens to be a highly innovative invention called a torch for light. Oh well. She followed the elf and half-elf into the cave, stubbornly guiding Mayar to light her own pathway instead of just following Zeeto's light. As Mayar swept around the cave, Arya looked for a hint of treasure.

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Aila's Move Silently & Spot Check
SUCCESS

Aila half-elven eyesight allows her to pick the perfect spot and easily maneuver throughout the cave.  Even with the glowing sword and puppy combo, the cave is dark.  If it weren't for them, anyone with normal vision could hardly see the hand in front on his face!  The walls are separated by no more than eight feet of clearance at the most, with a height of ten feet.  The beating sounds of dripping water seem to emanate from all around the group.  The floor is uneven and sharp.  Although Aila navigates the halls with ease, the others find it slightly more difficult to keep their balance.

Everyone walks deeper into the abyss, following the undead half-ling into the belly of this ongoing cavern.  After nearly an hour of twists and turns, the half-ling stops at a hallway, with a curious oak door blocking its path.  He stares at the barrier with the determined gaze of an unwavering wax statue. 

Soon-after Zeeto feels a sudden surge, and then dissipation of energy move throughout his veins.  His blade, although no longer ablaze, is still glowing harmlessly.

Arya's Spot Check
Arya spots no sign of treasure along the way.  She does note the extreme lack of footprints.  The only ones she notices come from Colfar. 

~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 23/26                                        Dex: +2     Int: +0

Aila watched the Halfling stop at the door. Why did he stop? Do zombie Colfars not have the ability to open doors? Or maybe he couldn't. Aila was fast moving, and quite. She snuck up behind Colfar and pushed him into the door, he was dead... right? No hard feelings for pushing a reanimated corpse of their dear old Halfling friend. She was hoping for some reaction when he hit the door, maybe even a flashy light.

Push:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Zombie Colfar Door Bash
CRITICAL SUCCESS

Aila brazenly charges Colfar into the oak door, smashing it into a thousand splinters!  Not a subtle entrance.  Inside, the group sees what the former barrier hid: a small seven ft by seven foot room with no other entrances and a lit lantern hanging from the ceiling.  Right below it is some sort of chest!!  It seems, even in death, Colfar has made due with his promise. 
~ cinema sign.