Main Menu

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millarz

Pocketing the key, Arya gets up and leaves the room, locking it behind her while feeling nervous about what she's done. It's not like her to do this sort of thing. Still, that oaf deserves it and none of them can afford a door with enough money to get by. She figures she'll snoop around for some money in the morning. She's completely exhausted now and feeling a bit guilty. Maybe she'll give the key to Aila instead... Arya figures she'll do this when Aila comes up. For now, Arya goes to sleep. For real this time. She tries casting a ward at the door but doesn't check to see if it worked before she has fallen into dream world.
Cast Alarm
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Zito

Zeeto, watches in horror as the Large, Angry, Human swings his axe at the door to his party's room... And misses. Zeeto almost laughs at this, then thinks better of it, as the man is holding a large axe. THe man takes another swing, and smashes through the door! Why was that necessary? Zeeto does not know. Seconds later, Kirito swings the door open and asks the man who he is. The man tells Kirito his name, which is apparently Daniel. Daniel and Kirito exchange a few more words before Daniel walks across the hall to his room. Zeeto assumes he's sleeping now. A few seconds later there is a loud crash from Daniel's room. Arya comes rushing out of her room and knocks on Daniel's door, the proper way. Daniel answers, they exchange a ffew words, and Daniel walks past Arya, and down the hall. He apparently doesn't notice Zeeto, who still looks exactly like him, as he walks down the hall. Arya walks into Daniel's room, which seems very unlike her, and comes out a few minutes later holding a key. Zeeto, uninterested in the events upstairs anymore, walks back downstairs and sits at the table with Daniel's buddies.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Arya concentrates enough to leave an alarm cast on the doorway.  Anyone who enters here anytime during the next two hours, and Arya will know about it. 

spell causes 6 strain on Arya
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 8/8                                          Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                           Com: +3   Luk: 15

Aila sat and watched as the elf, quickly losing points in her books by the second, confronted the huge, great axe wielding man. Thankfully, he took off upstairs away from her 'companion'. She winced as a crash echoed from above her, surely that wasn't her room. Thinking back to it though, it was the cat who talked and paid for the room. Hopefully she could lie about it and get the bill pushed onto the cat.

She winced again as a second, louder crash made it's way down the stairs. Looking at the inn lady, she didn't seem to notice as she stared intently at the men, seeming only to be annoyed by their loud voices. Aila's stomach growled, she took another long glance at the menu and then stole a second side glance at the table next to her. Although the men were obstructing her view, it didn't stop her from dreaming on what food they could possibly have on the table. This only made her stomach growl louder, and her mouth water a bit more.

She watched as denial left, and then denial came downstairs and sat at the table-- wait, what? She didn't entirely make sense of it till she remembered Zeeto's look-a-like spell. Didn't matter to her. Soon after she was startled as one of the men screamed "Barded, metal net". What could they be fishing for that would require that? Something interesting hopefully. Who knows, if she could sweet talk them enough, they might even share their food with her.

Aila approached the table, trying to look as small and as delicate as possible. Giving her best innocent eyes, she asks the group in a loud enough voice that would be, hopefully, heard over their loud yelling. "Barded wire net? Whatever could you strong men be fishing for that would require such an extreme item?" her voice laced with honey.

Roll for Good Measure:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Zeeto, appearing as Daniel, plants himself in Daniel's former seat without saying a word.
"Well heya buddy!"  one of them speak.  "where've ya been?".  He's grotesque.  I mean they're all pretty ugly, but this one takes the ugly cake.  His long protruding nose doesn't offset his sever under-bite.  It evokes it.  Stains stain his already prevalent stained clothes.

As Zeeto ponders his response, Aila interrupts the conversation.  The same severely hideous man turns to her and responds, "All the better to catch my prey!".  Was he flirting, or bragging? 

...threatening?

The uggo turns back to Zeeto for a response.  "Well? Are you gonna answer?"
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel enters the door to the inn with half a goblin corpse on his shoulder.

furryoldlobster

Daniel's party, eagerly waiting on Zeeto's return, realize that actual Daniel has just entered the inn.  Not knowing which is which, the five stand in exasperation.  "Wait!", ugly starts.  "Just hold on one minute" he pauses in between phrases.  "You've got a twin brother!"

Ugh....idiots.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Aila felt her eye brow twitch as the man failed to answer her question entirely. There were so many stupid people in this world, and she seemed to find an awful lot of them following this odd group. She wanted an answer, and at the very least, their food. Looking over the ugly companion of danial, he seemed to be the easiest. She wouldn't like it, but a girl could get what she wanted easily enough from people like him. "Prey? Oh my, you must have such wonderful adventures to tell... mind if I sit down and listen for a bit?" She got a bit closer to him, and opened her eyes a little wider, something she though made her seem cuter, and a little but more 'interested looking'. Her amber eyes shone bright from her minds eye.

Opening her eyes wide to catch this man's attention, she used the moment to re-check the table for the various things on it. Not only was she closer, she was hopefully creating a gap in the commotion that previously obstructed her view. Her stomach growled loudly as she gazed over the table.

Spot Check on the Table:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Zito

Zeeto, realizing just how stupid these people are, just nods his head and goes with it. Just as Real Daniel walks in, Aila moves over to the table and flirts with uggo. Zeeto decides to look around the table a bit, to see what's there.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Aila:
SUCCESS
...well sort of

The ridiculously hideous man, swooned by Aila's amber eyes, offers her his lap.

Probably not what she was hoping for. 

Zeeto:
SUCCESS
All Zeeto sees, foodwise, is a single group serving platter of cheeses.  This night can only get worse.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Aila looked at Uggo's lap, the stains were stained with stains. She feared the worst things possible if she even thought about sitting there. In quick response, she reached back to her table and grabbed a chair, setting it next to Uggo, and proceeded to sit in it. A smile crossed her face as she looked at him. "I'm heavier than I look... also, it's rather heard to pay full attention when you're so close to such a... manly chest." she said, slightly hesitating at the last comment. "So tell me, what is it you're hunting for that requires such advanced equipment? Surely you're not hunting sea monsters!" A look of complete enthrallment crossed her face as she said the last sentence.

Blade7737

Kirito after the door incident to confused to really do anything wallk's out to where all the men are and see's 2 Daniel's & Aila

confused Kirito asks Aila "what is going on here why is there two daniels"

Tokilin

Aila froze at Kirito's comment. Great, another distraction for Uggo. She half turned to Kirito, looking only in his geneal direction and not at him. "It's a family reunion, they just found out they're twins. That said, shouldn't you be sleeping, little boy?" After that she turned back to Uggo, staring him in the eyes with her own. If he didn't answer her questions quick, she was going to lose interest. Sleep didn't sound so bad at this point, even if she was hungry enough to eat a dragon.

furryoldlobster

When Kirito reopened the door, he unknowingly set off an alarm that blares only in Arya's mind.  She's wide awake....again.

Zeeto's Spot Check of the table:
SUCCESS
From his angle, Daniel-Zeeto is able to see the entire table.  Not much is left, besides a few morsels of bread.  Daneeto pockets what he can, without drawing attention. 

Uggo, having completely forgetting asking fake Daniel a question, answers Aila.  "Just you wait, little darlin'.  Tomorrow, all of Shaded City will see our prize!".  With that note, Uggo stands up, crumbs dropping from his grossly stained tunic to the floor.  "Fellas, we should retire, and tomorrow....we become heroes!".  Uggo bids goodnight to his allies, including Zeeto in his Daniel disguise, and and heads off to his room.

A few moments later Aila and Zeeto hear Uggo's voice, "What the hell happened to my bedpost?!"

~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Aila pondered what Uggo had said, heroes? Sounded a bit dangerous, perhaps she'd skip out on that adventure. Besides, she had other people to follow. Snagging a couple of the morsels from the table, she headed upstairs. She stopped in her tracks upon seeing her door with a gaping hole in it. Promptly, she turned around, walked down the stairs, and left the Inn. Returning to her spot under the wall, she pulled out her camping gear and wrapped herself up in it. Laying down she gazed up at the stars. "If I didn't use the room, I'm not paying for the damages."

Soon after, Aila was in the dream world.

furryoldlobster

Colfar, feeling rejected after the lack of response from the blue duck painting, leads Kirito back to the room.  Upon entering, they witness Arya shoot up into a seated position, violently motioning her arms so her allies would close the door.  Upon closing, she immediate burrows her head deep into her pillow, with the hope of drowning any sounds Colfar and Kirito might create. 

Kirito collapses on the unoccupied bed, and Colfar to the corner with the fern.

The burly orchestra of obnoxious men stand almost in unison, although Zeeto still sits, careful not to speak because surely these men would recognize their ally's voice.  He remains at the table, concentrating on keeping his veiled appearance until the men are out of sight.  He finally reverts to his proper form when the inn-keep isn't looking.  Exhausted from the spell, he places his head on the table, and drifts into dream world with the other Protectorates.

Hours later, light creeps through the room's window, and everyone begins to stir awake. 

Colfar gains 3 hp
Colfar gains 10 sp
Zeeto gains 10 sp
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya sure had a restful sleep. And by restful, she meant being woken up thrice, once by a man who could easily take first prize for smallest human brain and twice for her own stupid alarm. Honestly, who's idea was it to make warding alarms sound like howling banshees being pulled over a cheese grater? At least there was some good news about the ward spell. It worked. Exhausted, Arya pulled the pillows over her head and once again tried to sleep.

It was morning now. The human girl doesn't know how long she had slept for, but she has to find Aila to let her at Daniel's room before they leave. She walks to the entrance of the inn and attempts to find Aila's tracks using her "finely tuned" ranger skills.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Blade7737

Kirito wakes up and see's Arya walking out the bedroom and follows her when they end up outside of the inn Kirito nicely says to Arya "good morning"

Millarz

Arya sees Kirito following her. She turns around to the boy and replies, "Oh, hello there Kirito. How are you feeling? Would you happen to know where Aila went?"

Blade7737

i saw i Aila walk up to the room then go down to the door and leave don't know where she went maybe decided to camp out

Millarz

"Alright," Arya replies. "Would you like to help me find her?" she asks. She turns back around to try following Aila's trail if she can find it.

Blade7737

"i would love to join you"

Millarz

Arya nods and smiles at him and continues her search.

Blade7737

"where do you think she might have gone?"

zerokiriyu

He awakes as the sun's rays begin to lick the forest's roof. After packing his tent, he sits by the fire pit and attempts to light another fire.

Fire lighting
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Arya's Spot Check
SUCCESS
Arya spots the Aila's footprints leading towards her impromptu wallside campsite.  She's still asleep despite the morning light.  Kirito and Arya simply watch on as Aila rests.

Creepy.

Meanwhile S'kavara attempts to light a fire in the morning.
SUCCESS

Despite throwing his flint and steel away, S'kavara's firecraft remains undeterred.  He grabs two stones meant as a retaining wall to the campfire, and smacks them together.
...nothing.  He strikes them again...
...nothing.  He strikes a third time, and a fantastic spark skips to and fro through the air and lands on the tinder perfectly.  This will be a grand fire with the proper fueling and attention. 
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel leaves leaves the inn towards his hideaway, half a goblin still in hand from the night before.

zerokiriyu

Content with his fire, S'kavara removes some of the venison from one of his bags. Tearing it apart into strips, he lays them on a stone in the fire and cooks the semi homemade venison bacon.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The inn-keeper finds a trail of....what is this...bile?  She follows it to the source: one of the obnoxious humans from last night with a goblin on his shoulder, barely out of the inn on his way.  "Hey you!", she shouts at Daniel.  "You've gotta pay for this!"  The inn-keeper can't stop the large brute and returns inside with the intention of letting the authorities know about him. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ah, the smell of dew on the grass in the morning smelled so great. It was such a shame that it caused her hair to end up in such odd positions. She sat up and ruffled through her bag looking for a simple comb, which she used on her hair promptly. She finished it by putting it into a single ponytail, trailing off of the back-right of her head. She pulled back the blankets and straitened her clothes, they were entirely disheveled and she was sure if you were standing right next to her at the right angle, she would have been totally revealed. She really needed to stop tossing and turning in her sleep.

Finishing her pack-up, she stood up and hoisted her bag and gear onto her back and headed towards the inn. She stopped after her second step as she noticed Arya and Kirito watching her. God this party gave her the creeps, what was with the constant following?

Blade7737

"hey Aila morning" Kirito says with a a smile on his face

Tokilin

"Perverts, the whole party. Every time I turn around, one of you is there. From the cat, and now you two." No honey was present. She simply stated the first thing that came to her mind, it was much to early to act friendly to this group. "So? What brings you two to my sacred sleeping quarters? Not even announcing your presence." Aila motioned towards her camping site at the first question, her voice accusatory at the second statement.

Blade7737

"so where are we going today arya"

btw this is my last post till sunday going to dads

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 10/10                                      Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points:   20/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9

Zeeto wakes to the sound of the innkeep yelling out the door at someone. He looks down at his hands, and notices that they are, in fact, his. The spell must have been broken when he passed out. Remembering the night before, he thinks about the last words Uggo said. Heroes... Hm... Zeeto figures this is worth investigating. He gets up from the table, and walks outside to look for the remaining members of the party. Seeing Arya, Kirito, and Aila (Who does not look happy at all) over near the wall, he walks over there. "Did anyone else notice the last words from one of the brutes last night? He said they would be heroes today. I think we should follow them. Any objections?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

"And now the elf shows his face. The people from last night? Do you even know where they went? Besides, if they're going to be heroes, they're probably going to be doing something dangerous. Do you really want to get involved? Pretty sure you have better things to do." Aila motioned towards the burnt down guild hall. Her stomach growled audibly enough for the people next to her to hear. The morsels she borrowed last night didn't seem to be enough to keep her going till lunch. "I'm going to eat breakfast. When you remember what you need me for, come find me at the table."

Aila sat down at the table and picked up the menu, which was surprisingly still at the same table. Looking over the menu, Aila decided on the breakfast menu. It was breakfast after all. Aila motioned for the inn lady and pointed at the first option. "I need one of these."

furryoldlobster

The inn-keeper is not her usually bubbly self.  She's had to clean up three separate messes, all she believes to be perpetrated by the same man:  That greataxe wielding brute.  What was his name, she thought to herself?

...can't quite remember. 

The inn-keep sees Aila motioning to her.   After receiving the order, she returns in a few minutes with Aila's breakfast.  Aila eyes the three part meal with hesitation.  Its served in on a single small wooden plate.  The eggs look promising, but the so called mush, less so much.  Its supposed to be crushed, or mushed, grains cooked in boiled water, but this?  This looks like gruel before it becomes gruel.  Is this pre-gruel?  The melon, sliced into bright orange cubes, juices already flowing into the mush and eggs, looks amazing!

"That'll be five silver for the meal".  She'll need all the financial help she can get after that door destroying, goblin dragging miscreant stayed here. 

~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Food. It was food... except for that. Whatever that was. Aila separated the edible stuff from the- whatever it was, and slid the bowl to the opposite end of the table. She handed the inn keep one gold coin, in which she promptly returned with five silver pieces to compensate the difference. The lady then sighed and returned to her cleaning of the goblin... stuff. Aila looked at the bowl and at the mess the lady was cleaning. It probably wasn't goblin leftovers, but she couldn't take a chance. She wasn't eating what was in the bowl.

It was a quick 5 minutes before the food was devoured, Aila's sunny disposition returned for the most part. Satisfied, Aila mulled over the recent happenings. "I suppose we'll still have to go fishing with or without the cat, Arya seems to have taken on some sort of debt to the general store keeper...". Aila sighed as she set her head against the table, and closed her eyes thinking back to the previous nights events. She opened her eyes soon after when she remembered exactly what Uggo looked like. Thankfully, the mental image disappeared upon opening her eye and seeing the window positioned across from her view. The words still remained though. It seemed as though the men who were here last night were headed to the lake they were. Another shiver rippled it's way up her back at the thought of Uggo possibly being at their destination.

It's not like she wasn't excited about fishing for the first time, it was the man eating fish that bothered her. Who would fill a lake full of man eating fish? From her memory, it was a lake that was land-locked. This meant that the water going in and out of the lake did so through the water cycle. Were the fish natural she wondered? The thought piqued her interest. Perhaps she'll have to do some exploration at the lake as opposed to being near the water. And the fish. And possibly Uggo.

zerokiriyu

Satisfied with his breakfast, he begins to pack his gear. Shortly after words, he decides to head back into town."I wonder if those idiots are still asleep..."His words trailed off, as he reached the outskirts of the city.
Zero-

danny4rest

After feeding the half of the goblin to his "mount" Albert, Daniel climbed on his back
I guess i should find the girl that knocked on the door yesterday Daniel thought Wasn't that rude elf talking about the fish in the lake? Well i guess i will start there then. Daniel turned Albert around and began to ride to the lake.

furryoldlobster

Daniel, believing himself to be very surreptitious, didn't notice several officials spot him on his way out.    The trail of putrid goblin blood is extremely easy to follow, and soon guards, armed with long swords, and decked in plated armor, confront Daniel on his mount.

"You there!", one of them yells.  "You've violated several laws of Shaded City!  You need to speak with us inside.  Leave your beast here."  All three guards unsheathe their blades and wait for his response.  "I warn you, any resistance will be met with severe measures".
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel Dismounts the 10 foot tall Owlbear known as Albert, Albert lets out a low growl and claws the ground with his 1 foot long razor sharp claws before Daniel calms him with a pat on the beak before saying " It is ok I will go peacefully to see what these charges are."
Daniel then follows the guards inside.

Millarz

Arya, who had fallen asleep after reaching Aila's sleeping grounds, wakes up once again as she heard Aila stirring. "Sorry," Arya says with sleep still apparent in her voice. "I just needed to find you quickly and you were asleep." Arya walks back with Aila and sits down at the table with her. Shifting her head left and right, she sees that Daniel is no where to be found. Perfect. "Listen," Arya whispers to the half-elf, "I was looking for you to give you this." She reveals a dull, scratched key from her pocket. ""It's the key to the meat-head's room. You know, the one who broke our door? You seem to be the sneaky observant type. I was thinking you could... collect payment for the door from him while he was away. And if some other things of his walk out of his room, well, I wouldn't be the one to protest. What do you say?" She hands Aila the key, hoping she'd accept.

Tokilin

Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2

"You realize you're asking me to steal, right?" Aila said as she motioned for Arya to help herself to the bowl across the table from herself. "And I don't know if I should feel offended by your comment or not... either way, I doubt there would be anything in the room at this point." Aila stuck her thumb towards the rather upset inn keeper. "You honestly think that the lady over there would just let his stuff lay there after the damages he'd done to his and your rooms?". She neglected to mention that it was also her room as well, but she didn't feel like being roped into a bill should the keeper feel like charging them. "I can go take a look if you want, but don't expect much. You wanna come? It was your idea." At the last statement, she stood up and picked up the key and waited for Arya's response.

furryoldlobster

The interrogation room is cold and damp.  Daniel can hear something rhythmically dripping every few seconds, but can't quite pinpoint the source.    A lantern hangs from the ceiling by a chain, dangling just a few feet off a tabletop.  Daniel is sitting at the lone wooden table in the middle of the room opposite two officials.  Both apparently named Andrew, or variations on it.  These men could be twins!  Both of their round faces are masked by thick mustaches and short brown hair on top.  Similar height and build; tall and burly.   They wear matching grey pants and blue tunic uniforms, that, while probably not gained genetically, doesn't disclaim 'the same parentage theory' either.  The space is silent.  After one minute.   Nothing.  Five minutes?  Nope.  Ten?  Nada.  Finally, after half an hour, one of the interrogators says something.

"Listen", he starts.  "I know you didn't mean to do it.  I just want to know why?  Why'd ya do it?"
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 10/10                                      Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points:   20/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9

Apparently Aila didn't want an answer, as she just walked away and back in to the inn. Knowing her, she probably wanted food. Seconds later, Arya followed. "Well, we might as well follow them" Zeeto says to Kirito. Zeeto walks over to the inn and enters. He sees Aila and Arya. "So, you don't think we should follow the brutes?" Zeeto says to Aila. "You know, even if we don't go there to follow them, we still need to go Fish Collecting at the lake. I also heard there is a cave near there with a chest full of valuable armor and weapons."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Arya tilts her head forward at Aila and gives her a dry look. "Well thanks for spelling it out for me and the rest of the world as well." She dips into Aila's bowl of food, not really seeing what she was eating. "It was a compliment. In this world at least. Being sneaky and observant is the best thing a rogue like you can be. I wish I could do that. I'll stick to tracking and calling animals though." Arya shifts uncomfortably in her seat at the last question. "Uh... sure I'll come, but I'm not much the ransacking type. I'll try my best."

danny4rest

Daniel raises an eyebrow and replies confused " Do what?"

furryoldlobster

Andrew Two slams his palms on the tabletop, and yells, "Is that how you're going to play this?"  He adds, "Did you, or did you not kill a goblin inside, or near, Shaded City?"
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel replies still confused "yes I did, I was with a panther anthro that I saw stalking them, he got into a fight and I helped him out."