News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

Zeeto's Listen Check:
SUCCESS
Its extremely tough to discern, but Zeeto deciphers one man's nonsense. "No.  No. No.  There's no way a normal net would work.  You need something stronger!"
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Interested, Zeeto listens a bit more to see if he can discern anything else from the seemingly drunken group.

Listen Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

After watching his only companion walk away, he feels a bit upset, but the thought that the little cat would only do something like that for a good reason, eased the pain. Content that there was nothing left to do today, he climbs into the tent."Good night ca..... Oh ya..... Never mind."It wasn't long before the massive panther purred himself asleep.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Zeeto's Listen Check:
SUCCESS
The men begin arguing even louder, but Zeeto catches a few words...

"Whaddayamean?!  We're gonna need a bigger boat!"
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto, now extremely curious about what is going on, walks over and asks one of the humans about it. "Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Might I ask what you need a larger boat for?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

The gang of obnoxious men don't hear the Elf and continue to squabble until one of the crushes his palms against the tabletop.  The stern human hasn't spoken a single word until now."Enough!" he declares as he stands up and walks to Zeeto.
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel Looks the elf over and says "The boat is for the fish as they are big and you normally don't wish to be on a small boat with something that wants to take a bite out of you."

Blade7737

Kirito walks back into the inn with a wet face from tears & went to the room and lies down upon the bed and stairs at the roof but doesn't fall asleep.

while he thinks about his family

Zito

"Where would you be fishing for these large fish?" Zeeto asks the large Human.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

danny4rest

Daniel raises an eyebrow and says "The lake... fish tend to be in water you know."

Zito

"Do you mean the lake south of here?" Zeeto replies to the rather imposing Human.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

danny4rest

"You are asking many questions elf, why do you need to know about the fish anyway?" Daniel replies warily staring at the elf.

Zito

"Well," Zeeto starts "I am actually part of a party heading to this lake. We are going there to catch some fish for our Anthro friend." As Zeeto says this, his face gains an odd smirk, for some reason.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

As the two begin to converse, Colfar has been standing next to a painting in the lobby in an attempt to communicate with it.  That bear must have hit him harder than it looked; and a bear punting a half-ling doesn't seem like a promising venture to begin with.  Not for Colfar anyway.  He fails to notice the tear soaked Psion pass the human and elf, then head straight to the room. 

~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Daniel glares and raises a hand toward his greataxe as he says " So your trying to edge in on business are you."

Zito

"No need to get hostile." Zeeto says in a calming voice. Not intimidated by the large human, he keeps the smirk. "We aren't trying to muscle in on business, we are just trying to get some fish for our friend. There is no need to threaten us with an ax. I would not recommend starting a fight with any of us, as there are quite a few of us around. Think a little bit before you act."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

danny4rest

"Then wipe that smirk off your face before I do it for you" Daniel replies in a low growl " and why do you think i would just let some elf who doesn't even know his manners go fishing for flesh eating fish."

Zito

"Well, for starters, I can do this" As he says this Zeeto attempts to make himself look exactly like the large man in front of him. Axe, clothing, and all.

Disguise Self

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Farquad94

Colfar attempts to ask if the painting if it is married, since Colfar is single,  to another but the inanimate object fails to provide a response. Colfar attempts to identify the painting itself.

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
Fancy signature

danny4rest

Daniel stares at the elf and says " Nice trick, won't help you so have a nice afterlife."
Now what was the psion on about he wonders as he walks off after the psion

furryoldlobster

Zeeto Disguise Attempt:
FAILURE
It seems that the spell didn't have Zeeto's intended effect.  Daniel simply walks off to follow the psion, who has already entered his room and closed the door behind him. 

Spell causes 7 strain on Zeeto

Colfar's Spot Check:
SUCCESS
The painting is of a blue duck.  I guess, someone really wanted to see a blue duck. 
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Oh the doors closed... i guess i will just knock. Daniel draws his axe and proceeds to attack the door,

Attack versus Door
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Zito

Zeeto, feeling slightly defeated, and tired, walks up the hall toward the room Aila rented.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Daniel's Door Check:
FAILURE

Daniel's draws his mighty axe, and swings at the oak door!  Unfortunately, the door seems to be a feistier opponent than imagined.  Daniel's axe misses its target completely!

Meanwhile, Zeeto heads up to his room to find Daniel...attempting to break down his party's room's door!
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

Growling at the nerve of the door Daniel swings again!
attack versus door
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Zeeto watches on as Daniel takes another swing at the door.

HIT
Daniel's powerful axe slams into the wooden door, sending splinters all around!

6 damage inflicted on door

The unwelcomed sound of axe on oak wakes the entire room
~ cinema sign.

Blade7737

"WOW"screams kirito jumps to his feet rips the door open with the hole it now has in it "what was that and who are you"

danny4rest

Daniel says " Oh i am Daniel and i was wondering why you were crying but the door was closed..."

Blade7737

danny4rest

Daniel looks at the hole then back at the psion " I did..."

Blade7737

"ok well i was crying because i was looking at the stars and that's something me and my family used to do and there not exactly around anymore"

danny4rest

Daniel nods " oh, i see"
Then he walks off to his room and goes to bed.

Blade7737

"ok zeeto are u gonna go to bed to i don't exactly now what to do about the door"

Millarz

The horrendous 'knock' on the door the big drunken human planted on the door wakes Arya with a jolt. Without a pause, she rolls out of the bed, grabs her stiletto from its resting place on the floor, and ends up in fighting stance all in one motion. She witnesses Kirito shoo the oaf of a man away. Seriously. Who knocks on a wooden door with an axe? Arya hoped for his sake that the man was just very very drunk to have made that call.

In the dim light, she sees a glint drop down Kirito's face. The girl brings forth Mayar to dust the room in his white glow so she may see the little boy better. She calls him 'little' on the account that he was much younger than he. Height-wise, he towers over her, making it slightly more awkward for Arya to comfort the child.
( ;) Toki ) Still, she tries her best. Mayar's glow reveals Kirito's red, streaming eyes and sniffly red nose.

"Oh, Kirito," Arya says at the sight of the boy. "It there something you wish to talk about? Sometimes things feel better if you talk it out with someone." She walks over to the boy and guides him to sit on the bed, her arm wrapped around his in a supportive hug.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

danny4rest

After tossing in bed Daniel realized he was still angry at the rude elf and decides to look for something else to break.
spot check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Daniel's Spot Check:
SUCESS
The room is dark, as Daniel didn't feel the need for unnatural lighting.  Fumbling his way through the darkness, he finally finds something.  Its made of wood and its breakable.  Perfect!
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

With a loud roar Daniel swings his axe with both hands toward the object
attack versus ... thing
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

zerokiriyu

He awakes, and stops purring. The moon still very high, he decides to exit the tent. Of knowing nothing to do, he walks into the dense woods, and searches for something.

Spot Ckeck
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

HIT
Daniel's greataxe absolutely crushes its target.  What was it?  Well its saw dust now....
16 damage inflicted on unknown wooden target
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya hears the crash from the other room and is immediately on alert. She turns to Kirito with apologetic eyes. "You can tell me anything you need to, alright? Right now I have to go check out that crash to make sure no body died. You can come with me if you want." Unwrapping her arms from the boy, she grabbed her stiletto once more and wrapped the sheath around her waist. Prepared to protect herself, she and Mayar sprint out the room and knock on the door she heard the crash from.

danny4rest

Daniel opens the door and looks at the one who knocked
"Yes?"

furryoldlobster

With light now bearing inside the room, we see the true victim of Daniel's attack...

His bedpost. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya eyes the man who opened the door up and down. It's the same man who intruded on their room, and she makes a point to voice that. "What's going on in here?" Arya asks. "And you're going to pay for the damage on that door. We're not responsible for that."

danny4rest

Daniel just looks at her and looks at the door "No."
And he leaves his room to go outside the inn.

Millarz

Arya considers tattling on the man, but then she realizes that would probably make her seem like a weak little kid. She already looked like one with her short stature and young-looking face. She didn't need to be treated like one. She considers going after the man, but he's left his room so unattended. It would be a shame if something were to walk out of the room all by itself. Just enough to pay for the damages, mind you. And... perhaps a lil bit more. Just to pay for his rudeness. She goes to open the door. She doesn't think he locked it.

furryoldlobster

Daniel heads downstairs.  The bubbly inn-keeper heard none of Daniel's tomfoolery because his associates still argue and yell over one another.  Something about a fake shark this time...

Arya, meanwhile, inside the 'axe questions first' guy's room, finds it very difficult to see....isn't there a lantern here somewhere?
~ cinema sign.

danny4rest

On his way out Daniel stops and realizing that he forgot to lock the door to the room he goes to his friends table and says " Hey i'm going out for a long walk and i think i forgot to lock the room door can you go take care off that for me?"

Millarz

Arya closes the door and locks it behind her just in case the man came back. At least the shuffling of the keys could alert her to his presence. Who needs a lantern when you have a glowing wolf by your side? For good measure, though, Arya finds a lantern on the table- or whats left of a table that is. There are matches next to it. How handy. She loves inns. They always provide you the necessities. She strikes the match and lights the lantern's wick. She then scans the room for something that might pay off an axed door.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Still full of energy, Daniel heads out of town, where he spots.....a six foot tall panther??
go to S'kavara, a panther apart... for more action! http://claytonia.net/forums/index.php?topic=2346.0
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Arya's Spot Check:
CRITICAL SUCCESS

Arya, although bordering on chaotic behavior, is feeling a sense of adventure when riffling through someone else's room.  Its not unlike the room she rented....wait....its exactly like the room she rented.  It even has two chamber pots?  That lying inn-keep!  Arya spots a key on one of the beds.  Its a spare key!  Now Arya can enter and exit this room anytime.

Daniel's sudden departure preempted nothing from his shouting allies.  They didn't even acknoledge his request of locking the door!  The latest predominant yell is, "barbed, metal net!"
~ cinema sign.