Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerokiriyu

As they enter the city, S'kavara only speaks a few words."What a drag."He then heads off towards the general store.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The rest of the gang hurries to follow the 'always up-beat' S'kavara into the general store.  A bell rings, and the same friendly silver-haired shop-keep greets his the Protectorates, although is weary of the Anthro Panther.  "Come back for more tables, did ya?", he jokes.  "Stay here.  I'll get you some milk.", he says before leaving his post.

The store-keep quickly returns with a saucer of milk for S'kavara. He thanks them for their hard work and gives Arya ten gold coins to be split how she chooses.

The store itself isn't much different from the last time The Protectorates were here, although the counter has been replaced by two oak wine barrels.  They are the only customers in the shop at the moment. 
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

His ears droop as he takes the saucer, and once again, he drinks the milk as to not seem rude.
Zero-

zerokiriyu

He once again places the saucer on the floor. Deciding that he has no need to be here, he walks out the door. He looks around the area for something to do.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Zero-

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 8                                            Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                           Com: +3   Luk: 15

Aila followed S'kavara into the general store, it was pretty normal, she wasn't even sure if he would have what she needed. She kept quiet as the shop keep passed a saucer of milk towards the six-foot tall panther who, to her surprise, drank the milk quickly and set the saucer on the ground. It was almost enough to make her laugh... almost. She contained her laughter and watched the panther leave the store. "A little upset at his gesture?" she thought to herself. Aila approached the shop-keep at the counter, away from the others who were near the entrance still deciding on how to split their reward, and motioned for him to come close.

When the silver haired man approached her she said in a low enough voice so that the other members of the party couldn't hear, "I need a kit, specific to a certain kind of... job. It involves opening locks that have lost their keys. I locked my favourite choker in a box so that it couldn't be stolen... but now I'm afraid I can't remember where I put the key to it... It's kinda of embarrassing, so if you could, could you not mention it to my friends at the door? To put it bluntly... I screwed up and need a lock picking kit." It was a lie, but she didn't want people to know her true intentions. It wasn't exactly coherent with her story of being a traveler if she was buying a lock picking kit. She'd thought about buying one before, but she passed it off because there generally weren't locked things for her to look beyond or in. Her experiences with this party; however, made her re-think that thought. Better to have one as opposed to not have one in certain situations.

Aila's Lie:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

S'kavara's Spot Check
SUCESS

A wall lies just 10 paces opposite the shops.  Its the southern perimeter that eventually wraps around the entire town.  S'kavara's eyes follow the wall, eventually spotting some sort of poster just 40 paces down the road to the west. 

Aila's Lie:
SUCESS

"Lockpick set?", starts the green eyed shopkeep.  "I might have something for you."  He walks to the same room where he retrieved the milk, and returns with a small brown leather case.  "This should have everything you need."  It's got everything Aila needs!  "It's rare, so I gotta charge ya. Ten gold."
[/b]
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Finding nothing interesting, he returns to the shop. He over hears the shop keep hand the girl a lock pick set, but for ten gold. He pulls some gold coins from his pocket and hands it to the shop owner. He then looks at the girl, as if saying "I will keep your secret."
Zero-

Millarz

Lake.. Lake... Didn't she hear something about a lake around here? Oh right! The racist shopkeeper had mentioned one before. The setting of the city had sparked her memory of it. "See to, Lanor, do you remember the armor shopkeeper mentioning a lake? It must be the closest one. We should ask the shopkeeper of it is." Then remembering what Zeeto had done to said shopkeeper, she amends, "Or one of you two should, motioning to Ailia and the unconscious Kirito. "I vouch for the conscious one. Charm him up best you can and ask about the closest lake, would you please?"

Arya sees... Skarva... Sakava... Soraka... Whatever Big Kitty's name was down a platter of milk without hesitation. Arya was impressed at the cat's act of humbleness. Surely offering a platter of milk was demeaning even if t wasn't intentionally supposed to be so. She couldn't believe the cat would actually accept it graciously. Surprisingly enoguh This kitty was was starting to win Arya's respect.

Having witnessed the kitty surprise,  Arya turns to the general store owner and accepts the payment. "Thank you, kind sir," she says with a genuine warm smile. This shopkeeper has been nothing but nice to her. "Would you happen to know where I could get fishing equipment?"  She asks.

Please excuse any typos. I'm on my phone and I'll fix them later.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

furryoldlobster

S'kavara loses 10 gold

The clandestine deal goes on without notice.  Meanwhile, Colfar is still disgruntled that nobody offered him a weapon back at the wolf rag.  It was he that killed the beast!  He storms out of the store and begins to trek, eastward, out of town. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Aila looks at the panther gingerly, her eyes narrowed slightly as she was trying to figure out this animals game. Acting cold and then suddenly coughing up ten gold coins for her? Nothing makes sense with this group. From this Panther, to the elf. None-the-less, it saved her from having to cough up another lie or even 'borrow' the kit. Aila gave a smile and bowed her head slightly to show some gratitude to the shop-keeper. "Thank you again, sir. Please don't tell the others...". She proceeded to turn around, stuffing the kit out of sight from the others, and muttered low enough for only the Panther to hear, "Quite generous for one who doesn't give his name. I'm watching you, Panther." and advanced out the shop into the streets, and headed towards the armourer. She had nothing better to do, why not go ask about that lake?

Despite being such a nice gesture from the Panther, the act put her in a sour mood.

zerokiriyu

After watching the girl leave, only more upset with him which he didn't understand, he realized that he had noticed something on the wall outside. He once again walks outside and walks up to the poster. In seconds he realized what it was. He tears it down and walks back into the general store, where he holds up the wanted poster, of the elf, next to the elf's head. The poster facing the shop keep.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

"Fishing equipment...?" starts the old man.  "Some sort of fish collector are ya?  Ya we've got two decent, barely used birch rods, complete with plenty of fine fishing twine"  The shop-keep gathers the equipment for Arya.  "Bring me back something I can sell, and you can keep these."  He hands off the two rods and returns behind his counter.

Just then, he notices S'kavara holding up a large sheet of paper, aggressively waving it at the tall Elf.  He walks up the the potentially brewing fight to analyze the paper further.  A mountain of laughter ensues.  In his hurry to grab it, S'kavara misread the entire page.  Its a help wanted poster for a local strip agency.  Elves are hit right now.  Apparently...they're wanted.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Aila knew about the lake, she had no reason to really visit the armourer, but it kind of piqued her curiosity as to how her pranks had come across, and whether or not the shop would still be in disarray. She was headed in that direction, until she walked by the burnt down building. Now that she thought about it, this was where her involvement with the group started. The goblins were killed in pretty much the same spot she was standing. Looking out over the wreckage, she couldn't even remember if the others had looked through it to hopefully find a clue. It had been a day or so since it burnt down, Aila was almost positive that if she dug deep enough into the ashes she'd find red hot coals still. She walked through the black arch that used to be the door and surveyed the area.

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

The next thought occurred to her as she viewed the area. What of the things that don't burn? Were they pillaged? Moved to a different location by surviving members? Didn't matter to her, she had no use for various objects. She had the tools and equipment she needed most, she wasn't looking for any. She thought back to the party... "Didn't someone want something?" she mumbled idly to herself.

zerokiriyu

Realizing his stupidity, he walks out of the shop, and heads towards the armorer. He comes across the guild sign, and notices the young girl going through its remains."What do you hope to find?"
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Aila finds nothing new on the plot that once was the Shaded City Guild, although it's much cleaner than when Aila visited.  The town officials must have cleaned it all up and stored everything for an investigation.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Aila turned towards the Panther and looked him up and down. "Nothing at this point, looters would have taken anything left, not to mention fires tend to leave nothing in their wake. My question is what do you hope to find?" she said the last part of the sentence in an interrogative tone. "Not only do you show up out of the blue, you don't fall for my charm, but proceed to cough up the gold required for my kit? I don't understand you, and it puts me on edge. Something seems fishy, and it's not your coy answer to obtain fish in exchange for information." Aila didn't bother lacing her tone with her normal sweet-ness. You could tell she wasn't exactly playing around by asking these questions. "At the very least, you could do me the favour of tell me your name, Panther."

zerokiriyu

He looks at her and a look of concern seems to pass over his face, but only for an instant."My name is S'kavara, of the Pansa clan."
Zero-

Tokilin

It's a start. She still didn't like him. "Next question, the other three got into a fight in a clearing on the edge of town. If I had to take a guess from the hostility that has been shown between your two groups, you were the other combatants. I don't know who shot first, but fights have a reason. Your kind, Pansas or whatever, aren't from around here. What's your real purpose?". Blunt seemed to work on this cat. At the very least she got a name from him.

zerokiriyu

"I am not of the Pansa kind. Our kind is known as Anthros, with the genes of Panthers. As for the Pansa bit, I guess here you would think of it as a last name."
Zero-

Tokilin

She noted his avoidance of her question with a correction of something she said. "Anthros, huh... fine, Anthros, what is your connection with my observational subjects. Please, entertain me with your answer." Her eyes narrowed, she'd like to see him weasel out of answering this question without blatantly refusing her.

zerokiriyu

"They seem to want to know, what I know."
Zero-

Tokilin

"Wouldn't you if it related to something important to you was taken away? I'm sure they liked this guild. Keep your secrets for now, Anthros, but I'll be watching." She walked past S'kavara and cleared her throat. Looking over her shoulder she said, the honey returning to her voice, "We've been gone long enough, let's get back to the group with that information." She proceeded to walk back towards the general store, her hair swishing back in forth as she lead the way. Not particularly caring if S'kavara followed or not.

She walked into the general store and found Arya. "The man at the store said to follow an unmarked trial leading out the east-south-east of the town and we should arrive at the lake in about a day." a smile appearing on her lips, showing that she was proud of her "information gathering". "Did you manage to get fishing rods? It'll be awfully difficult to fish without them."

zerokiriyu

He follows her back into the store. As she spoke he knew she wasn't telling the truth. She never entered the store. He decides to keep the secret."What a drag."
Zero-

Blade7737

as Kirito wakes up from his unconsciousness he is surprised in the location he is in his immediate question is "where are we"

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 10/10                                      Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points:   20/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9

Looking over at the boy, Zeeto speaks up, "We're in Shaded City again, kid. We're going to a lake not too far from here. Next time, try not to sleep through the whole journey, ok?" Zeeto looks around at the group "Where's Colfar at?" He asks.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Name: Lanor                                          Stats: STR [12]  (+1) DEX [16]  (+2)
Health Points: 7/7                                                          CON [14]  (+1) INT [14]  (+1)
Gold Pieces: 5                                                                 WIS [14]  (+1) CHA [11]  (0)
Silver Pieces: 0                                                                COM [8]  (-1)  LUCK [11]
Armor Class: 13

Lanor who has been following the party of people since they set off feels weary at being back in the shaded city, they didn't like him the first time he was here and he has no real disposition to them either way, as he enters he sees for the first time the true beauty of the city, It truly was a magnificent sight, in the middle was the beautiful Willow that rose high into the sky shading the city from the Burning sun, on the right were rows of houses that had various shops among them and on the left a small park.
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

furryoldlobster

It seems no one was aware that Colfar had disappeared until just now; its the plight of the half-ling.   When was the last time anyone saw him?

I'll perform wisdom checks for all (even Kirito! a 20 for him might mean he saw Colfar leave in a dream), to see if someone might have noticed Colfar leaving the party

Aiden FAILURE
Aila FAILURE
Arya FAILURE
Kirito FAILURE
Lanor FAILURE
S'kavara SUCCEEDS
Zeeto SUCCEEDS

After thinking about it, Zeeto does recall Colar in a bit of a mood.  Didn't the half-ling want something?  After discussing it with S'kavara, they agree that the half-ling probably left the city going East.

Lanor approaches the gargantuan Willow, every weeping branch swaying rhythmically to the slight breeze.

"Psst", echos a disembodied voice from behind the magnificent Willow.  "Gnome!  You looking to find a little fun in a very dry town?"  The man, walks around the tree to give Lanor a better look.  His medium length auburn hair nearly reaches the spectacles aiding his brown eyes.  He's wearing worn, but not quite tattered, clothes.  It looks as if he doesn't have another outfit, but rather prefers constant repairs on this one. "Follow me, little guy", the man suggests. "I'm Mac."  Mac begins walking further into the residential district, hoping Lanor will follow.

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

"Yes, sir. I shall look around for anything you might be able to sell," the human girl tells the shopkeeper. Arya notices the Big Cat waving a poster maniacally at Zeeto behind her. A wanted poster for elves, yes. A help wanted, that was. She's liking this silly cat more and more. She covers a snicker. This rivalry between Zeeto and Star- Sark- Skarvar guy is actually becoming quite entertaining to watch without the whole deadly-I'm-going-to-kill-you aspect to it. She briefly wonders about how the Big Cat came by the Little One and decides to ask him about it.

"Hey, panther. I've been wondering. How did you come by this little guy?" she says, motioning to the cat on his shoulder. "He has quite a fiery spark to him, doesn't he, and I'm sure he's smarter than he lets on. May I pet you?" The last question was pointed at the cat positioned on the panther's shoulder.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Blade7737

Kirito stands up and walks to zeeto "i know how he knows about your clan thing there was an unarmored man running down the path we where on and bumped into us dropped a letter and kept running i think it was a letter on your clan"

Zito

"Why didn't you stop him?" Zeeto asks Kirito.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Blade7737

"i asked the panther if we should and he told me to hold on at the time i was kind of scared of him i felt i needed to do what he told me"

Zito

"Understandable. The Manther can be a bit intimidating at times, especially to a 13 year old boy." Zeeto starts to head out of the East gate, hoping to find Colfar in that direction.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Blade7737

Kirito follows zeeto with a smile on his face ready to learn some things about whats going on.

Woodsy1995

Name: Lanor                                          Stats: STR [12]  (+1) DEX [16]  (+2)
Health Points: 7/7                                                          CON [14]  (+1) INT [14]  (+1)
Gold Pieces: 5                                                                 WIS [14]  (+1) CHA [11]  (0)
Silver Pieces: 0                                                                COM [8]  (-1)  LUCK [11]
Armor Class: 13

Lanor follows Mac ready to pull up his bow if he is attacked.
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

furryoldlobster

Zeeto & Kirito:

Zeeto and Kirito exit Shaded City, and towards where Zeeto thinks Colfar's headed.  They intend to follow the half-lings tracks along the beaten dirt road.  The two allies travel south-west for just a few minutes before losing the trail at a fork in the road.  A sign marked 'Netherton' goes west, but the other is indiscernible; scratched away by ruffians.  It looks to be heading south-east, but Zeeto and Kirito need to look around to be sure.  Its already dark, so navigating by sun is out of the picture.

Lanor:
Mac hears Lanor closely behind.  "So glad you decided to join in", he adds.  "You look like you'd enjoy a good drink."

The two walk further into the residential district.  Its incredible at night!  Lanterns hang off of posts every six or seven paces illuminating the entire street.  Various fruit trees including apple, orange, grapefruit, peach, almost anything you can spot, grow in front of nearly every house along the way. 

The route is befuddling. Lanor swears they circled the same Loquat tree several times, although Mac swears by his path.  After a few confusing twists and turns, they've finally arrived at an unsuspecting green door.  Mac knocks several times, pauses, and knocks several times more.  A small plank of wood slides open, revealing a pair of brown eyes and a hoarse voice.  "Password!", exclaimes the voice.  "Hidden Shrew", Mac replies. 

The door swings opens inside and the two, hopefully thirsty, enter.

Now this is the place to be.  Patrons of all races are here.  Elves, Gnomes, Half-lings, Humans, and and the barkeep!  He's a half-orc, over seven feet tall, green skin, and with shoulder length jet black hair.  There are several open seats at the far end of the bar.  "What do ya say, Gnome?", Mac asks.  "First round's on me.  I've got an opportunity for ya."

Mac motions the barkeep, and two pints arrive via half-orc within seconds.

~ cinema sign.

Blade7737

"It's getting dark do think we should head back to the others"

Zito

"Of course not. They are safe enough together. We need to find Colfar before something happens to him." Zeeto replies to the scared child.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

Growing bored with everything that is happeneing, he leaves the shop, and starts down the road towards Netherton.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara, a few minutes into his trip to Netherton, overhears Zeeto and Kirito with his acute Manther hearing.  They are discussing Colfar, that half-ling mage who caused the destruction of the beast-wolf. 
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Over hearing them speak, he decides to meet up with them, and heads in the direction their voices came from.
Zero-

Zito

Zeeto motions for Kirito to stop. He puts a finger up to his mouth in a shushing gesture. "I think I heard something" Zeeto whispers to the psion. Zeeto listens closely and inspects the surrounding area, looking for whatever made the sound.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

FAILURE
Zeeto puts his hand to his pointed ear in an attempt to amplify his already keen hearing, and listens in on the night.  He hears nothing but the sounds of rustling trees, swaying in the wind.  He has no idea that S'kavara watches on.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"I guess it was nothing" Zeeto says. "Let's keep moving, Colfar has a good head start on us."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

Watches from the shadows under a nearby tree.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

Zeeto and Kirito forge forward, unknowingly being watched by the Antro Panther.  They travel for just fifteen minutes, when they hear something...

*crack*  *snap*

To the right, only twenty meters away, and into the brush.  They are both positive the sounds came from there, but...its tough to see at night. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto picks up a thick branch, and attempts to create a torch with his power.

Light

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Zeeto twirls his hand around the branch until it begins to glow.  The light fades from its origin as it travels up from the Sorcerers hand, and to the branch's apex where a bulb of pure incandescence illuminates ten paces around the two warriors.

"Watch out!", a voice yells from behind Zeeto and Kirito.  They recognize the voice. Its Colfar!  Then what's in the bush???

At that moment, a rumble emanates from the shrub.  Zeeto shines his torch to see a fantastic beast; a grizzly bear!  Colfar runs to join Zeeto and Kirito face off against this creature. 

Spell causes 3 strain on Zeeto

Init Rolls:
Colfar 7
Kirito 12
Zeeto 8
Bear  13

Battle Order:
Bear, Kirito, Zeeto, Colfar
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

The bear had been tracking Colfar from the moment he left town.  This particular bear is well acclimated to half-ling flesh, and sees the opportunity for dinner.  He charges and swings with his mighty bear-claws.

Claw Strike
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

CRITICAL HIT
In an attempt to save his allies, Colfar runs in front of the bear.  Pretty stupid, little half-ling.  The bear swings its mighty paw and throws the tiny half man at least 15 paces backwards. 

5 damage inflicted on Colfar

Colfar has been knocked unconscious.

Bear, Kirito, Zeeto, Colfar
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Seeing as the bear was distracted with his now stricken pray, S'kavara attempts to sneak up and do a sneak attack.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
Zero-