Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Alexander Reborn

Started by Kaz, September 22, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Macedonia; birth place of Alexander the Great, responsible for the spread of Hellenistic culture from Greece deep into the lands once owned to the mighty Persians. Alexander's empire lies in ruins after his untimely death, separate factions known as Successor Kingdoms vie for power to return Alexander's lands to the "right" hands. The Macedonians know that it is their right to reclaim the empire they had lost, and so that is what they'll do.

Macedonia has been reduced to two cities; Pella (the capital) and Pulpudeva. My first mission is two complete hold two provinces, in my case that would be Macedonia and Thracia. Two-thirds of Macedonia is owned to the upstart Epiruians and Thracia is contested between four different peoples; myself, Tylis (my enemies), the Triballi (weak, barbaric men), and the Odrisyan Kingdom. Further south lies the province of Hellas split between my client state of Athens, my defensive allies from Sparta, and the naval-kingdom of Knossos. There are rumors of the Athenians planing a revolt against my ownership and the Spartans are among the conspirators, perhaps it will be wise to remove them from the field of play while I can.

Your thoughts:
I will be leading my armies to take the Epiruian settlements in Macedonia, afterwards I will claim all of Thracia for my own in order to secure the north from barbarian attacks.
Shall I continue my peace with Athens and Sparta in hopes of a tri-empire or betray them now to claim all of Greece for my own?

Update One:
I have run into a multitude of problems;

• My finances are low and my treasury is depleting FAST
  • Athens has declared their freedom from my rule and I now am at risk of a Hellenistic war between myself and the combined Athenian and Spartan forces.
  • Food supplies have dwindled and I'm now staring starvation in the face
Epirus has been dealt with, but I was unable to take control entirely over the Macedonian province, a Spartan army managed to take the coastal town of Apollonia before my armies could make it. The barbarians of Tylis has offered to become my client state in exchange for peace, I accepted, the province of Thracia is one step closer to becoming solidified under my rule. Hopefully the fight for Graecia can be delayed in order for me to fix the troubles in what little I have.

Update Two:
War has broken out, I quickly took Athens and wiped out their armies swiftly. However, Sparta was not as simple; I was able to siege and win the city but I still had to deal with Apollonia on the coasts. Luckily, my military allies from the Ardiaei sent a large force south from Illyria and took the town from the Spartans. Their armies were not destroyed, though. Spartan forces marched through the town of Larissa, wiping out the local garrison and a costly battle, common men with spears could not stand against the brutal, profession soldiers from Sparta. I've finally unified Greece, yet my allies control Apollonia (making control over the province impossible) and the island kingdom of Knossos still remains apart of the Hellas province. Knossos may be a force to reckon with, controlling massive armies and a large fleet to protect their shores from bloodthirsty invaders. Shall the Ardiaei and myself continue our pact of friendship and brotherhood or will the lust of unification break the bounds and start another war?

Update Three:

So I have claimed control of Greece and have started to spread my influence into Asia, my economy is steadier and my food supplies are sufficient. The Pontics have claimed most the Asia, their forces are spread thin and limited, so I will be able sweep through like a janitor.
Never mind, the Fates have willed me to attack Italy, yes I full-fledged conflict with the great Roman Republic has begun. Our forces are evenly matched but my new found allies of Carthage and the Ardiaei shall provide great aid in the coming strife. I already have claimed the provincial capital of Brundisium and two armies and a fleet amass to strike at the City of The Seven Hills itself. May Ares guide our spears and Zeus grant us favor.

Update Four:

As you can see from the picture, I have successfully claimed Italia and Magna Graecia (south Italy and Sicily) for myself. Now I will use a coin flip to determine whether I continue expansion towards the west and Spain or to the east and reclaim the old lands of Alexander's.
Heads; east. Tails; west. Two out of three.
Results:

• Tails
  • Heads
  • Heads
Well then, east it is.

For Tslat; some screenshots from a custom battle (based on a real fight between myself and Rome)
Stay Cool 8)

Zito

I say peace, for now. Give them a short leash. If they seem to be working with you, keep them. If they are slowly drifting away, and building up an unusually large army near you, take them out.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Just kill em all and see what happens
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Kaz

Stay Cool 8)

Zito

So, where do we go from here Kaz? I think you should prevent war at all costs right now. Focus on rebuilding your stores of supplies, and keep the peace.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Kaz

Stay Cool 8)

Zito

Hopefully, you can keep the peace for long enough to rebuild. If not, God help us all...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Kaz

Stay Cool 8)

Tslat

Ok now I'm lost lol.. What's happening? Lol
Like what you see here?

Kaz

Greece is mostly mine, I was attacked by an Asian country called Pergamon so I retaliated and took their cities in the Asian province as you can see on the picture. I was going to continue expansion into Asia but I was given the objective to make an alliance with Carthage, so I did. Carthage was attacked by Rome, so I sent my armies to take care of that. I am now taking over all of Italy and bringing an end to the Roman Republic.

Understand now?
Stay Cool 8)

Tslat

Yep; playing a game, got it.

So anyway, how long does a game of this usually last?
Like what you see here?

Kaz

I dunno, could be anywhere from a days play to a weeks. Depends on skill and how fast you work
Stay Cool 8)

Tslat

Well she always tells me I'm fast, so.. I don't know lol..

Sounds interesting though.. You able to get any more screenshots?
Like what you see here?

Kaz

Stay Cool 8)

Tslat

Oh... Very different from what I was imagining
Like what you see here?

Kaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zf_DV9zhIQ
pcgamer YouTube video with some gameplay demonstration, easier than pictures lol
Stay Cool 8)

Kaz

Don't expect any new updates. Sorry if someone actually liked me putting time Into this
Stay Cool 8)

Zito

Kaz!!! Come back! It's not the same without you!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Why did you leave this? I thought there was a heap of people following it
Like what you see here?