Main Menu

My Empire so far

Started by Kaz, September 19, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

So y'all might know I have Rome 2: Total War and here is a snapshot of my empire so far

Obviously according to the key in the top right corner; I'm yellow, my allies are blue, and my enemies are red. I am currently taking over the lands of Gaul (Celtica, Belgica, etc.) and started working on taking the Iberian Peninsula (Spain). Once those are mine I will take Britain and Ireland, for the glory of the Empire of course!

One problem, as I take more and more provinces, chances of civil war are escalating and Rome is on the edge of breaking. My family is rich but our members are lacking, us Julia might not be able to withstand the might of the Cornelia familia with their mighty and loyal legions spread throughout Africa and Iberia. Hopefully the Junia familia will band together with me for we have always had good relations with each other. Only time will tell.

The Man who rules Rome, rules the WORLD
Stay Cool 8)

Flareside

If you like the empire building games check out hegemony, wars of ancient greece. It is fun and get huge.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Zito

It seems to me like you are doing pretty well, but don't get overconfident. If you get overconfident, it will all fall apart...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

So what's the goal... to own all of them?
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Kaz

There are multiple victories; Domination, Economic, and Cultural. Each have their own set of challenges and requisites to win, obviously.
I am going for a Domination Victory and I have to conquer and hold 140 settlements (I currently have 36) and certain provinces must be under my control such as Italia, Africa, Britannia, etc. Also, maintenance of a certain amount of land and naval troops (140 Land, 60 Naval; I have 243 Land and 100 Naval so far)

So to answer your question Tslat, yes. I am trying to conquer it all. It's what Rome did!
Stay Cool 8)

Zito

You will conquer all Kaz! I know you can!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Farquad94

Fancy signature

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Kaz

Update (pic will be uploaded tomorrow) I have crushed the Arverni (the Gauls) thanks to the aid of the British tribe, Demetae. Now that the North is almost mine I can focus on quelling rebellions in my new provinces while continuing my campaigns in Iberia.
Speaking of which, I have subjugated the Luistanians of Iberia and now only the Arvecai, a defensive ally, stands in my way of a Roman Spain. Will I break this alliance in order to secure the lands for myself or continue in a peaceful relationship with the Arvecai people and share the rich peninsula?
Stay Cool 8)

Woodsy1995

Hey i hear You should buy this game for me ;)
:P
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Woodsy1995

By buy this game i mean sell your body and by for me i mean to me

Kaz

If I had money I would buy EVERYONE a copy
Stay Cool 8)

Woodsy1995

You're not listening to me i am saying i want you  >:( god noone ever listens to me ;)

Zito

Kaz,, I say conquer them. If you try going peaceful, they will strike first.

Woodsy, I listen to you! XD

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

How long does a game tale? Lol
Like what you see here?

Woodsy1995

Zito

Let's get a chant going! War! War! War! War!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Kaz

A length of the game can be varied; it all depends on how you play. I'm playing very aggressivly so the game is going a bit faster, been on this one for a few days now and I'm just now hitting the half way point of the game. Eventually I'm going to have to deal with a split in my empire which will elongate the game!
Stay Cool 8)

Kaz

The final battle for Iberia commences. The Arvecai have allied themselves with the Edetani and are attempting to influence the Demetae (Britain if you forgot) to join them in the war, which I was planning on killing them anyway, I would rather not start something with them with my empire suppressing an inevitable civil conflict. War is costly and though economy is affluent as of now, a rift with my people could cause major problems.

Update: The Demetae have joined my side in the fight against the Arvecai, silly barbarians
Stay Cool 8)

Zito

So, you can win domination without conquering?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Kaz

Actually, yes. As long as I have military allies that control the entirety of certain provinces and certain amount of cities, that counts. I still need a large number of units and that involves a certain amount of conquering (more provinces I own personally = higher army count)
Stay Cool 8)

Zito

Theoretically, you could con your allies into taking over the world for you then, right?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Kaz

Stay Cool 8)

Kaz

So it begins... The Senate Loyalists have arisen in Vesontio and the other patrician families have abandoned me.
"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum (Let those who desire peace prepare for war)"

Update: The Loyalist could not withstand the combined strength of Legio X Equestris and Legio VIII Alpina. All men vie for power to kill the gods, but only the brave become immortal. Rome is whole again, yet enemies still stand on our borders. Shall I enjoy this "pax romana" while I can or act now and put all who oppose my UNRELENTING MIGHT AND POWER to the sword!? My opposition shall be crucified along the Via Appia, miles of there bodies shall hang; a small testament of my rule, none shall dispute me. 
Stay Cool 8)

Woodsy1995

Kaz

Stay Cool 8)

Kaz

I'll let that slide only because it was autotuned
Stay Cool 8)

Woodsy1995

I'd like to point out that in England i am now 18 years of Age (Y)

Tslat

Like what you see here?

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins