Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Halo 5: Guardians announced! and leak of Halo,2,3,4 remastered for xbox one.

Started by vandypool, May 16, 2014, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandypool

Halo 5
>http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820015<
Collection
>http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820291<

I currently don't own a xbox one but this news and the kinectless model makes me want
to add the xbox one in with my other consoles.
Grand Wizard over 1 year and counting on Claytonia!

Zito

Kinect-less Xbox One? That's pointless... On another note, any Halo game is amazing, and I can't wait for a remaster of Halo 2. That's the best one they've made.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

vandypool

only a fraction of the xbox fan base uses the kinect and over half disconnected the kinect 2.0 after the update not requiring the kinect to be used. It's a fun accessory but there's no market for it. Plus I have a feeling the game market is going Vr instead (oculus and project morpheus so far). Like HD dvd before it. and Probably halo 2, Sure they've sold more with the other halo (after) but halo 2 was the king for years. Single reason I bought the halo edition xbox prime. 

Zito

Yeah, Halo 2 is the dominant force of the halo games for sure. Coagulation, best Multiplayer map of all time. I use the Kinect on my Xbox One all the time. It's convenient.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

vandypool

Most def man xD. I hope if they release the reworked games they keep the original mp maps and modes. At least as an option, I don't halo 4's mp it just felt like Cod and had hardly any open maps like blood gulch as you said. Well you can still buy the kinect later on separate like the ps4 eye camera. I think the main problem ms had was it wasn't feasible for devs to have to make special accessory based modes(adding more dev time especially as 3rd party) and they market didn't adapt to it very quickly. They should have sold it seperate out of the gate to help with market share against sony then built "killer" apps that would make people want to buy it. The 360 for example was cheaper than the ps3 for two reasons hardware was cheaper (tricore vs. cell) and mostly because most of the accessories weren't included in the box as the ps3 was so they could make a $100 cheaper system. The they slowly nickle and dime past the price of the ps3 If you had bought all the accessories. They should have kept with that. Now the hardware is fairly close minus a few differences ex. ps4 8gb gddr games and 2 ddr3 for os/apps vs. xbox one 8gbs ddr3 split 3os/apps 5 to games. but overall the Gpu's are within the same series and cpu flops are almost identical. And the xbox one was $100 more. I personally am glad they finally realised this and flushed ms and kinect as optional, don mattrick was a clown as steve ballmer was. I'm on the phil spencer leadership hype train now! Sell me that halo edition xbox one!