Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Asian Is An Adult, Finally.

Started by Sei_Ryoku, April 04, 2014, 08:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sei_Ryoku

Hello everyone! This is post 3... And I am determined to beat you, Mr. Zito, in the number of posts.  ;D

And yes, the title is true. Today is my 18th birthday... :D Except I don't feel any older than I was yesterday. The good news is, I finally get to work for Amazon Mturk! *raises hands in the air and yells, "Finally!"* .. I truly think this is the only reason I was looking forward to my coming of age. ><

My father's first words to me today were (he was waking me up): "Wake up. We have to arrive at Rose-Hulman (the college I intend to go to) by 1 pm. You slept late, didn't you? You can sleep 3 hours in the car."

.. Callous, I know. ^_^ But it's fine - my friends were freaking out, though, when I told them I wouldn't be having a party. I haven't had one in a while, so I don't understand their concern ("But it's your 18th birthday!"). My birthday is like any other day of the year - why would this one be different?

My question is: What did you do on your 18th birthday? Did you go out and party all night? Were you dancing about, happy that you're now legal and can rub it in your parents' faces (for the record, I don't dare to do that... In any country of the world, I've learned that mothers' wraths are lethal.)?
I am Asian.   ...   That is all you need to know.

Tslat

I stayed home and played Minecraft.. then when the night was getting late, and wild.. I had some chips
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

joe21221

Happy birthday!!!!
When i turned 18, i just had ALL my friends down! and the 6 of us played games.XD its was a fun time

Blaidrug

Feliz cumpleanos! :3 (fancy Spanish)

On my 18th, I had a huge party. Karaoke, food, games, all the good stuff ^^
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Clay

I was young and dumb so I don't remember my 18th.....at all. I guess that means it was a good time.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Kathryn

I went out and dined with some friends, just like every other year

Clay

Quote from: Sei_Ryoku on April 04, 2014, 08:07:40 AM
Hello everyone! This is post 3... And I am determined to beat you, Mr. Zito, in the number of posts.  ;D

u already did. your posts have more than one sentence.  :) (love u zito)

Oh, and.. the more you post the more of the forums you can see. There are hidden boards that only members with high post counts can see. :)

Zito

Happy late Birthday Sei! All I have to say on the post count, is bring it on! :P On my 18th birthday, I took the test to get my driver's license, and passed it very easily. (That's what happens when your mother used to give the tests and the rules of the road are drilled into your head lol)

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Sei_Ryoku

Thank you everyone! :D

I spent my 18th birthday at my future college's Senior Weekend, where a lot of high school seniors come and do activities and basically see if they really want that college to be their final choice... Such a wild birthday, eh? ^_^

Mr. Tslat. If I hadn't been busy, I'm pretty sure that's what my birthday would have looked like. XD Except ice cream, not chips. ^_^

Mr. Joe and Mr. Blaidrug. Big parties do sound like fun. ^_^ In my case, however, there would be more gossiping (it is a widely known fact that both genders love to gossip, as long as they are not the ones being gossipped about), and playing "kid" games like Psychiatrist (I think that's what it's called) and Would You Rather.

Ms. Kathryn. .. I would, too, but not a lot of my friends know when my birthday is, and I am fine with that. :D (Also, in Rose-Hulman [my future college - eek!], there is a tradition in which those whose birthdays are known are thrown into the lake on their birthday, regardless of the month, so going out with friends would advertise the fact.. And I prefer to stay dry and warm. XD)

Mr. Clay. During one of the student panels at the Senior Weekend (where students from college answer our questions), a question about underage drinking was asked, and they said that they were lenient as long as there was someone of age and resposible with you, and my first thought was: "Mr Clay would love this place." XD Also, I will make sure to post a lot - thank you for the motivation! :D

Mr. Zito.. Lucky. ^_^ I passed my test on the first try, too, but I hate driving *cough* Everyone I know has been in a really bad car accident *cough*... ^_^ Your mother used to give tests? Wow. That must have been really useful. :D

Clay

One demand request. "Clay" none of the mister stuff.

Sei_Ryoku

Woah! How did you do the line that goes through the word? Also, even though you requested/demanded of me, I do not think that will happen, Mr. Clay.. I do apologize. In Korea it is the polite thing to do to call people by Mr./Ms./Mrs... And my parents were raised in Korea, so they hammered those "Asian manners" into my brain since a young age..

Clay

dont care...i will ban u if u call me mr. clay... :)

im asking u not to call me mr clay so the respectful thing to do is to NOT call me MR.   

Tslat

Quote from: Clay on April 06, 2014, 04:20:04 AM
dont care...i will ban u if u call me mr. clay... :)

im asking u not to call me mr clay so the respectful thing to do is to NOT call me MR.   

In saying that, there's also been other people mention to me that they don't like being called by ms., or mr.
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Obi42

Quote from: Tslat on April 06, 2014, 05:24:20 AM
In saying that, there's also been other people mention to me that they don't like being called by ms., or mr.

My father is the Mister, it makes me feel too old when I get sir'd ;)
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

Zito

I think Mr. Zito makes me sound a lot more professional than I really am XD. I don't mind though. Also, Sei, it was really useful. When I had my permit and would drive with my mom, it was like taking the test. Every. Single. Time. XD

~Zito #corrupt4dmins