Main Menu

Stargate (the film)

Started by furryoldlobster, March 06, 2014, 03:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

I'm watching Stargate, the film-movie, for the first time in at least 15 years.  Will it stand the test of time....and jaded jolt-infused memories?
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

Love the movie, the show, and the movies about the show.
Go Macgyver!
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Zito

I think it will. I loved that movie, and as Blaid said, the series were great as well. I think I'll have to break out my VHS player and watch it one of these days soon XD

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Apparently, a young French Stuart (the extra weird alien family member in 3rd rock from the sun) is somewhere in the movie.  Gotta watch and stay awake this time...
~ cinema sign.

Obi42

Yep, he's in there, Feretti if I remember. The series and the movies are 2 different animals though... the movie is cannon for the series, but not the other way around. If there had been sequels to the original it was going to head in a waaay different direction.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

furryoldlobster

There he is!  He looks absolutely the same 20 years later. 

It's totally great, by the way, I'm probably going to watch the subsequent shows.

Also, it seems there's a stargate reboot coming our way in the form of a cinematic trilogy. 
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

Oh, that'll be fun. I hope it's not gonna be like that god awful Stargate Universe

Zito

Universe had its problems, but I still liked it...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Blaidrug

To each their own.
I feel they turned it into a kind of drama that the series wasn't meant to be, while still trying to keep the same light humor that the others had.

Woodsy1995

Quote from: Blaidrug on March 06, 2014, 02:24:17 PM
To each their own.
I feel they turned it into a kind of drama that the series wasn't meant to be, while still trying to keep the same light humor that the others had.

The saying is Each to their own just so you know

Also i totally agree with you, alot of films do that aswell
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Zito

It did have more of a Soap Opera feel to it at times, but I looked around that and at the story line, which was amazing.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Same problem with Walking dead i find, Series 3 i hated because it was like a soap opera and some of their decisions were shit, but at the same time i loved some of the stuff they did and the show is a good show
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Obi42

SGU was definitely Stargate's soap, but still had enough of the old school exploration to keep it from being just that... and the overall plot for it was awesome indeed. Darker though, not going to be for everybody.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."