Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Worried...

Started by xChronoz, November 23, 2013, 07:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xChronoz

Recently I have noticed some major changes in the gameplay of the server. In my opionion and prior knowledge of minecraft is that people are not wary of the stress they are putting on the server.  Automatic machines may be great but, im worried that the more people remain to be selfish, the server will almost be unplayable.  Im not trying to be prude or mean, im honestly worried about the core of the server.  For some, they may not even notice this issue because they have a high end machine and a great internet connection. Some like me, have been having major block lag, i cant even ride a horse anymore without my screen going crazy.  I feel bad posting this, but all i want to say is when building something think about the server. Do you really need a automatic chicken farm so that you have a double chest of chicken. in my opinion, a server like gameplay is about building for others and making stuff appealing. Not for your own sake.
           |m posting this because I want other opinion on what I have said. Saying so I love playing with all you guys and gals and I hope it remains this way. I dont like DRAMA xP

Thanks, xChronoz
PS: I wrote this up super quick

Tslat

Is this for a specific server?

Also, I completely agree. That is the exact reason I don't build auto farms. If you are going to play, play. Don't just sit there and wait for your farm to do it for you.
It is especially noticeable when it gets to the point where there's several people online, but no-one is even playing because they're all afk at some farm.

I have not and will never support these cheap and lazy mechanisms, but people seem to like building them.
I can only implore that people be less lazy and put effort into things instead of getting a farm to do it for you, but alas, I have less than 0 hope that people will listen to that plight.
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

furryoldlobster

I'm with ya, in terms of anybody who logs in just to sit around.  How big of a auto farm before it causes major lag for everyone?

...I ask because i do have a silly small auto farm (it doesn't even harvest a stack of seeds at a time, but it looks like something you'd pick up at home depot) and one that harvests 8 pumpkins (again, for the whimsy of inventing a small harvesting machine).  Let me know if this causes problems, because i really understand (....satellite internet), and i'd hate to lag anyone other than me
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tslat

Depends on the server, and people around you.

All auto farms should be turned off at all times unless you're specifically using it to be honest.
That's only if you have to have one too.. I still don't condone auto farms
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

furryoldlobster

I think i may have taken auto farm too seriously.  Mine just harvests....when i tell it to.

You mean those giant monstrosities like a auto pigzombie killing thing? Those are the worst.
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Obi42

I also agree... On semi, while we are thinking of unbanning hoppers, if we do we'll cap them to 3 or so per player. A little automation can be nice, but giant afk farms are kinda silly, to me at least.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."