Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Proposed hierarchy change

Started by VTA, December 08, 2014, 07:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTA

Proposed hierarchy change
Due to many factors Such as people being away for long periods of time, I have decided that its time to take another look at the hierarchy system for each race I feel that all the races are laching leadership and direction so I would like to start a discussion about each race and some changes to their specific system.
One idea I had was a monarch + council system that would work as followed:

There would be one ruler for each race the monarch and three council members.
1 war Councillor: in charge of the military.
1 Town Councillor: in charge of the well being and building of the town.
1 player Councillor: in charge of looking after players and insuring their towns rules are followed also in charge of punishment.
So each Councillor would look after their individual sections
And between the king and that specific Councillor decisions on that section
Would be made
But in the absence of the ruler or a Councillor decisions could be made by the remaining three people this could include replacing someone in a role.
This way even if we have a player go missing for a while the race won't grind to a halt.
There are many ways to work this out so let's have a good open discussion about what people think.
Just remember the idea of this is to enable people to make decisions and keep a race moving and active, even when someone is not on. This is the problem we are having now.

Boromin

that is actually not a bad idea Vta i would like to see that implemented as i have seen the dwarf race grind to a halt many times plus then it maybe might increase rping on the server

Blaidrug

I agree. Especially recently, and for a while, I know I won't really be able to get onto the server.
Honestly, if someone wanted to take my crown, I'd be fine with that as well. Bein' king requires a little more time than I'm able to give.
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Nagajolokia

Steal Blaids crown? interesting, can faction leaders also be race leaders/councle members? or would that end up conflicting to much?

VTA

no they can conflict is interesting it would make for interesting rp if a race leader was also a cult member or faction leader.

Nagajolokia

I asked CJ if he wanted the crown and he said no. I'll take the crown of human then, this should be interesting. Blaid I'm going to leave your castle alone except for RP purposes if that is alright with you.

Tslat

If blaid built it for personal use, then it's his build and can't be touched without his permission

If he built it as a community build then it's fine
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

VTA

OK so a couple more ideas for systems that might work are

king: main ruler
prince: secondary ruler takes command if king is absent
steward: third in line takes control if both king and prince are absent
pros: with this system is its very simple
cons: it can cause conflict if prince or steward make decisions the king dos not like.

council:
a race selects three or more councilors that make decisions for the race and majority rules
Pros: simple
cons: can take time to make some decisions can cause conflict among councilors

Tslat

I have the solution!!!!

All decisions will be made by way of 12-sided dice
Like what you see here?

Nagajolokia

Those are both valid ideas, maybe leave it up to the races themselves to if they prefer the king > prince > steward or if they prefer the council idea. I personal prefer the council. now for Tslat to roll the 12 sided dice to decide.

Tslat

Like what you see here?

Nagajolokia

Tslat! refer to the holly book of adminness. what does 8 mean?

Do we use the magic 8 ball now to decide?

Blaidrug

What should we do, oh magic conch shell?!

THE SHELL HAS SPOKEN

VTA

lol i plan on making a poll for each race after i have a few more ideas so please post any ideas you have and discuss the current ones.

Death

Apologies, tslat is unavailable at the current time

According to my manual, 8 means that all shall perish

Blaidrug