Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

I have a Suggestion.

Started by DietBandit, September 18, 2014, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DietBandit

I would like to suggest that humans get brewing as well as the elves. My reasoning is simple enchanting is not that hard so to speak, because you can craft items that give you low level enchants. (They are easy to make) They can be combined with other items of that type to make them better. (A.K.A Now high level enchants) The items and enchants you can make are: Sharpening kit and it makes efficiency or sharpness, Reinforcements and it makes unbreaking, Counterweight and it makes knock back, Armor spike and it make thorns, laminated padding and it makes protection, quilted cover and it makes projectile protection, firedamp and it makes fire protection, elastic layering and it makes blast protection, scuba tank and it makes respiration, dive kit and it makes aqua affinity, and elastic soles for feather falling which are useless since we have the magical cloud boots. Also there is two more that I was told previously (I think by vat) that I would need an elf to make because humans can't make upgraded bow stuff and those are, reinforced limbs which provide punch and plaited string which makes power. I mean there are other enchants like silk touch useless since you can use tinkers to easily make that. Other than infinity the rest of the enchants are useless for the most part. Also dwarfs would not even use a bow and elves can enchant so lets assume infinity is not worth much as well.

So what I am suggesting or my idea is that human get brewing as well.
I mean I have never been asked for an enchant in a couple weeks since people started discovering those items. Also I have had more dwarfs offer to help get unbreaking and protection on my stuff than ever.

Thanks for reading.

Diet

DietBandit

Or the other suggestion would be is "which will now make many people mad at me" would be to have only the humans be able to make those items and the elves craft the bow stuff. So we can have trade go thought the races again. Other than only the elves buying from humans and elves selling potions to both races.

Tslat

I'm open to ideas, but the problem would still remain that elves would have nothing to trade, and barely any reason to play as.
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

DietBandit

What if you made it so the elves as is can be the only ones to do brewing. Then made it so the elves and humans only or just humans only can craft the items to enchant?

DietBandit

Also the elves have all those resources and twighlight forest stuff with the special trees and other items only found there including all the dungeon stuff. But yeah to trade to human they really have nothing

Tslat

Quote from: DietBandit on September 18, 2014, 03:24:48 PM
What if you made it so the elves as is can be the only ones to do brewing.

Isnt that what you just said not to do?
Like what you see here?

DietBandit

I would like brewing yes, but i am more worried about the craft able enchanting items in that extent. However some one did mention that we should get a mod for more bows so the elves can use them.

DietBandit

I mean I could add a few suggestions and ideas to the rules but it would require re writing some of the current rules. I also could come up with suggestions to fix some of the questionable items. I also personally think that the tinkers bow the parts should be made by dwarfs but the only ones who can assemble the parts into a bow should be the elves. Just saying on that one.

Tslat

To be completely honest, I actually thought those enchant items were not craftable, and I was happy to have them like that. They were intended to be used for drops from the battletowers, and bosses and such.

I'm tempted to just make them uncraftable like the original intention...
Like what you see here?

Tslat

And throwing more mods on isn't a solution, as much as it seems awesome to do.

The server, and the clients can only handle so much before it starts to struggle..
Like what you see here?

DietBandit

I see. To bad for the bow mod. lol Would have been cool. maybe even got people to be elf.

Tslat

Agreed, we're still working on a balance.
Like what you see here?

DietBandit

I know you said adding a mod is not the solution. but would you look at it and see? Please

Tslat

We've looked at it many times previously, we're aware of what's out there.. but it still doesn't fix it lol
Like what you see here?

DietBandit

DietBandit

i mean there is no other way for me to argue for brewing back and with the craft able enchants. Humans have nothing to trade other than magic to elves but nothing to dwarfs.

P.S. Any chance you have changed your mind and will tell me how to craft the staff you have made craftable I still can't figure out how to make them.

Tslat

Which staff did I make craftable? I don't remember doing that

And at this point no, brewing for the elves is the best found solution
At this point I'm gonna say I'll probably make those things uncraftable, unless I see a good reason why I shouldn't
Like what you see here?

DietBandit

You could always make it so the upgrades for the bows only the elves can craft and the humans can craft the others and dwarfs not craft them then leave the brewing to the elves.    ;D

DietBandit

The custom npc staff the use the carpenter tables like the glaives and shields.

Tslat

I never put recipes in for them.. But you're right i will add a couple

But just like all the other recipes, I'm not going to say how theyre made
Like what you see here?

DietBandit

uhhh lol well at least i know why i can't figure them out lol

Tslat

I put the list of things i added on a thread for it lol..

Like what you see here?

DietBandit

Any chance we can keep the craftable enchanting items for the races that can enchant

Tslat

Like what you see here?

DietBandit

DietBandit

because some of the vanilla enchants are very hard to get on books and even on armor at all levels like unbreaking comes to mind since it is the hardest to get.

Tslat

I'll consider it..It's an interesting thing to balance
Like what you see here?

Blaidrug

I'd be good with that.
I'd still probably work on enchanting books, just because I find it fun and love a filled bookcase.
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...