Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Death Messages

Started by Tslat, June 28, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tslat

So since the plugin that manages this server's RP is a Forge re-write of my own RPG plugin, it also comes with a redo of the death message system.

Those of you who have played the other RP server probably know all about this, and the humor it can bring to the game.

I need your help though.
I'm very familliar with Minecraft, but as much with the Hexxit modpack. This means that there are a lot of death messages I don't even know exist, and even if I do; I have no hope of writing messages for them all myself!

What would be really appreciated, is if you guys could post here any death messages you  see in-game that my mod hasn't covered yet (and what caused the death), and/or some death messages of your own that you think would be cool to add to the server.

I've got over 1000 unique messages in there so far, but I'm always looking to add more.
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

furryoldlobster

Death by fall:
"Yep.  Gravity still works.  "
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

"The odds were /not/ in their favor"
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

furryoldlobster

"Don't quit your day job..."
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

"[Player] just took an arrow to the knee. And the head, and the arm, and the chest"

Tslat

I'm still looking for more community-created messages! Give this link to people in-game that may not usually check the forums, the more people we can get in on this, the better.

I think my coding for the implementation is just about done, I just have to port over the messages, and add new ones for all the new Hexxit Deaths.
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Millarz

"I don't think they can walk that one off..."
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

smith1701

Blaidrug

"[Player] became a shish kebab"

"[Player] became a pancake"

"[Player] was turned into bacon!"

... I'm hungry.