Main Menu

The Misadventures of S'kavara and Aiden

Started by furryoldlobster, March 09, 2014, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerokiriyu

S'kavara quietly sets the sack on the ground. The sword he looted from the caravan driver laid a few feet from him. He picks it up and sneaks up behind the assailant and attempts to do a sneak attack.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

S'kavara surreptitiously glides behind the thief.  He's got no idea of his soon to be fate.  S'kavara clicks his teeth, causing his victim to look to his left, and quickly stabs the human on the right of his neck. 

9 damage inflicted on unknown victim

S'kavara's blade slides out of the man's neck as he collapses to the ground.  A clean kill.

S'kavara turns his victim over, and to his surprise, recognizes him.  Its Larp!  This is the fool that suggested the name, "Super Assassins" to begin with. 
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Upon realizing who he was, a look crosses over S'kavara's face almost as if saying, "Great... It's you....""Dumb-ass, the Guild-master gave us the rank of the "Haunted", not you super-assassins bull shit...." He takes the dagger from the hands of Larp and tosses it over to the sack he laid on the ground."If anything, tell me, atleast, this time your gonna be usefull." He starts searching the body, trying to find anything of use.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

S'kavara loots Larp's body, discovering a purse of 5 silver pieces.  No doubt the same pieces he promised to pay S'kavara, but claims he's a little low on coin and he'll cover it next time.  He's pulled the same routine time, and time again.  The large panther also finds a bronze medallion hanging around Larp's neck with the initials S and A.  How long was he planning on calling himself a super assassin anyway?

Aiden sleeps, purring in sublime satisfaction, comforted by the warm fire and morning bacon. 

S'kavara has gained 100 exp.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He looks at the medallion."This might catch a small bit of coin."With out another word he looks at it with disgust and tosses it into the fire. He picks the idiot up and walks into the woods, where he tosses the body. Returning to the camp site he looks at his purring companion and decides it's time to sleep."Night, Cat." He climbs into the tent and lays on the bedroll. He lays there and speaks one last time before falling asleep."What a drag."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The night is uneventful.  After plenty of rest both beasts are awoken by the sunrise. 

S'kavara healed by 1 hp
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Upon waking he crawls out of the tent and looks at the sun rise. He watches the cat get up and stretch but notes that the cat is still half dead. He packs the tent. After snuffing the fire, he picks the cat up and sets him on his shoulder."With the bottles of liquid I found on the caravan, I am gonna head back into the Shaded City."He turns and heads back into town.
Zero-

zerokiriyu

He stops from walking and sets the now three satchels he carries on the ground. Looking through one of them, he pulls the sword and sheath out."I sure probably use this."He ties the sword to his waist, and throws the satchels back over his shoulder.Before continuing their journey he speaks out loud."What a drag."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The duo arrives in Shaded City just a few hours later.  The first building on their left is the general store; the perfect spot to barter.  Next to the store lies an empty plot with a post in front bearing the symbol of the the Protectorates.  To the right of the would-be guild building is the town armorer.  Further west lies the residential district.  Shaded City, unlike most towns prohibits the sale of alcohol, although citizen are allowed to consume it in their own homes, and brew what they want in their own bathtubs.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Ignoring the sign for now, he walks into the store.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

A bell rings as the two felines enters the fairly standard general store.  Lanterns, oil, tents, food, and other basic survival supplies line the walls.  There's surely more valuable supplies hidden behind the counter.  There are a few customers, all human, surveying the various items.  They do their best to ignore the six foot tall panther.

The human shop owner is unsure of his shop's most recent occupant, but greets them, nonetheless.  "Hey....you....two".  The store-owner is clearly lost for words, but is, at least, trying.  "Welcome to the Shaded City general store.  How can I help you?"

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He removes his hood and walks to the bar. He removes the bottles from one of the satchels and sets them on the counter."What are these worth?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

The shop-keep eyes the bounty, and without hesitation offers 120 gold pieces for every last drop of medicine.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

"Only 120 I figured at least 175, but you must not really need them." He looks at the store clerk as if saying, "try again."

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The shop-keep respects the suave negotiator, and counters with 150 gold.  "It's more than a fair price, and you'd be doing our town a blessing.  We were supposed to receive a shipment last night, but it never showed.  We need this medicine", admits the store-owner. 
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Deciding that he probably not going to get a better price, he nods in acceptance."Before that though, I would like to know what you have in shop. We are in need of food and supplies, and also so weapons, if you have them."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara gains 150 gold pieces

The human hands a small jewelry chest filled with gold coins and accepts the medicine in return. 

Its a fairly standard general store.  Lanterns, oil, tents, food, and other basic survival supplies line the walls.  There's surely more valuable supplies hidden behind the counter.

The store-keep shows the panther a backpack with basic explorer supplies: waterskin, 10 ft rope, flint & steel, sleeping pad, hatchet, bush knife, and a slightly used torch. Only 2 gold for such a kit!  The flint & steel means S'kavara wouldn't have to rely on Aiden for fire-starting.

"I'd say, check out the armorer", starts the man.  "But he's an old racist who's been halucinating Elves.  A giant man-panther might upset him."

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Takes two gold from the pouch and hands it to him. He then leans uncomfortably close to the man and speaks."My next question would have to be, What is behind your bar?"The look on S'kavara means he isn't playing around.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Zero-

Blaidrug

Aiden snickers, quietly as to appear to still be a normal cat to the human. He turned his head slightly to whisper to his ally, "I'm going to explore a little bit, see what else I can find in this town."
As nimbly as one would expect from one of his species, the little cat hopped off S'kavara's shoulder and headed out the door. Seeing a small crate against the wall, he quickly climbs and, quick as a shadow, perches himself at the highest point of the building. He begins to survey the area, using his keen feline eyes to see what all he can see. Perhaps a free meal or, best yet, easy pickings for some more treasure.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

furryoldlobster

S'kavara:
CRITICAL FAILURE

The counter-top buckles under S'kavara's weight and the entire bar collapses on itself sending the panther flat on his face.  Righting himself, S'kavara notices several bags that under the mess.  He sneaks a look in one.  Seeds?  Bags of seeds?  This is what he hides behind the counter?!

The store-keep is less than thrilled, and wants S'kavara out.  "Just take the pack and go....", he says accepting the 2 gold and doing his best to send him on his way.

Aiden:
SUCCESS

As passer-by's walk the now bustling street, Aiden easily spots a rat dodging foot-traffic.  Seems like lunchtime...but then *splat*.  Rat meets boot.  Aiden, though at first disappointed, focuses more on the man wearing the boot.  It looks like he's got a silver blade!  Its tough to tell, being sheathed, but just enough pokes out.  Aiden is certain this is a silver broad-knife!

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Stands and takes the pack. Looking at the bags."What are those bags?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

"Capitol's Pride", speaks the owner.  "Capitol City Lilacs, but they won't grow outside her walls."  He tries to clean in between sentences. "Now please, I've got to straighten all this up.  Would you mind stepping aside?"
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He steps back, away from the counter."Sorry for causing the mess."With the kit in hand he turns and starts to walk out of the store. He stops just inside the door and turns back."You said we should visit the armorer. Do you mind pointing me in his direction?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

The shop-keep, feeling ashamed for snapping in frustration.  "Sure. its just west of here", he starts. "Just make a left.  Head past the void that used to be our glorious guild, it'll be the next building after.  Wait here a moment?" He exits to a back room and returns a moment later with a saucer.  "Have some milk?"  Although absolutely clueless on how to treat a six foot tall panther, the owner is sincere in his attempt.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He holds out his hand for the bowl, though he has no want of it, not accepting would be insulting to the man.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

"Now I really don't want to seem rude, but I need to clear this mess", he motions to the broken display.  "If there's anything I could help you with, let me know. I've got to tend to this..."  The shop-keep begins to clear the clutter. 
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He drinks the milk, and sets the bowl on the floor and walks out. He looks up at his companion, then starts heading west.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara walks the short distance to the armorer and enters the shop.  This store-owner doesn't greet the anthro panther.  He stares for what must feel like an eternity for S'kavara, and finally walks up to him, slowly and cautiously.  He inspects the shop's newest occupant with all the precision of a detective. The owner sticks out his index finger, and pokes S'kavara!  Twice!  "Well you're real.", he declares.  "What are you?  Some sort of man panther?  Like a manther?"

The shop is especially sparse.  All that remains are a few cheaply made staffs and a sign next to an empty barrel marked, errowz, with the word 'arrows!' above it.

"What are you doing here?", he brazenly questions.  "I don't have any milk."

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Shows no signs of falling for his racial comments."I am of the Anthro species. I have not come here in search of milk, but instead I would like to see your weapons."

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

The old racist is strangely charmed by S'kavara's direct approach.  "Unfortunately", he begins. "Yesterday, I was ransacked and knocked unconscious by an Elf, and his Gnome and Human companions.  After they left, the rest of my shop got looted!  They even took my table!  I eat dinner on that table!  I've got those there walking sticks", referring to the staffs.  This shop has seen better days.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Remembering the three from yesterday, he makes the connections. He removes Larp's dagger from one of his bags and sets it on the counter."I will let you have this, it's not much but it's more then the sticks, if you tell me where those three were headed."

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

He gracious accepts the dagger.  "The general store-owner told me he sent them to an alchemist.  About a day's walk from here.  If you manage to bring that stolen gear back to me, I'll make it worth your while.  There's a treasure not more than a few days away.  I'll give you a map", he pauses. "and all the milk you can drink.  Just make those three pay."
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Handing the dagger the man he speaks."I am glad to help."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The shop-keep proudly places the blade on a display panel, satisfied with his growing inventory.  "Remember, Manther", he adds.  "Make. Them. Pay."
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He nods and turns to walk out."Call me S'kavara." S'kavara walks out without another word. He starts looking around for his feline friend. Upon finding him, he notices that Aiden is fixed on someone in the crowd. He looks through the passing people, looking for anyone that would catch Aiden's attention. He spots a man cleaning a dead rat from his shoes. At first glance he assumed Aiden was hoping to have that for breakfast, but a closer look reveals the dagger on his waist. S'kavara walks towards the man, and passes him. A few feet past him he watches the man staying a few feet away. Trying to decide the best way to get hold of the dagger.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The mark utterly fails to notice S'kavara and scrapes the rest of the jellied rodent off his boot.  He resumes his journey west, probably to the residential district.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He follows the mark, and hops that he would not notice S'kavara

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

FAILURE

After suspecting that he's being followed, the mark spins around so briskly his hat nearly flies off.  He walks right up to S'kavara without any hesitation or fear, and questions simply, "Why are you following me?"  The mark must have noticed the Anthro Panther at the shop.  "Answer me, or I swear I'll end you!"

Several other bystanders stop in their tracks; one, its a giant panther; two, a human just confronted the beast!
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He shows a look of mock apologies."Sorry, I wasn't actually following you, I was just walking towards the residents sector. I am a traveler and wanted to see the city."

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

S'kavara convinces the mark he's nothing more than a tourist.  Quite believable, considering this is the first time an Anthro Panther has ever stepped foot in Shaded City.  The man apologizes and heads on his way.  It's probably unwise for S'kavara to follow him any further.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Thinks for a second, and decides its probably best not to try for the knife. He heads back into the main part of town where he finds his furry friend. Picking him up he heads in the direction of the alchemist that the armorer spoke of."If I run as fast as I can I might be able to make it there in a few hours."He takes his shirt and hood off, and stuffs them into one of the sacks. Using the rope from the kit he bought, he ties the bags around his waist so that they would not flop around and be thrown off. Once fully out side the city he turns back to make sure no one was watching."I suggest you hold on, Cat."Seeing no one her turns back to the wooded path."What a drag."He goes down to all fours, and takes off in a dead run into the wooded area with great speed. Covering ground at a major rate.
Zero-

Blaidrug

"Oi I was going to get that shiny-- BAHH!" Aiden is interrupted by the panther's sudden speed. He digs his claws into the strap of S'kavara's bag and holds on for dear life. "Get me off this crazy thiiinngggg!!!"
Sparks begin to fly from the little cats fur. With both flying down the road with such speed, to an observing toad it appears to be a gigantic firefly. The toad ribbits with a dull, bored expression on it's face.

"Where the hell are we going, anyway?!?"

zerokiriyu

He doesn't falter from his speed when the cat on his back speaks."To speak to those three that tried to kill you yesterday."He continues his speed full on.
Zero-

Blaidrug

Aiden's expression quickly changes to one of psychotic joy, as his fur began to let off even more sparks and thicker flames "Dibs on the elf"

zerokiriyu

Continues running his hardest."I did not jest in my words, I only wish to speak.... for now."
Zero-

Blaidrug

"Ehhh! Fine. But if they step out of line--" As the fire spewing from his back began to grow larger, a rather large insect met its demise directly center of Aiden's face, extinguishing his flames. He sat there, pondering on life. "How in Pyro's name did I end up here, clinging to a speed demon, with a dead bug on my face-- oh my god it's not dead, I think it moved"

zerokiriyu

"If I even think they are not willing to just speak, you can do as you wish, but leave that midget to me."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

An arrow streaks past S'kavara's nose, and a steel bolt penetrates the ground at Aiden's feet!  Two assailants jump from their camouflaged hide in the trees.  They are two hunters, armed with a crossbow and hunting-bow, only in search pelts and meat.  "Would ya look at these two.", begins one. "all alone", finished the second man.  "The big one's coat might fetch a fair price" he says to the other.  "And the little one might make a good pet for someone."  They ready their weapons, prepared to attack.

Initiative Rolls:
Aiden: 10
S'kavara: 14
Hunter 1 (bow): 8
Hunter 2 (crossbow): 9

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Attempts to stop, but only serves to slide rite by the assailants. He places the cat on the ground and stands up and faces the two.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

The two hunters smirk at this opportunity, and stand ready.

S'kavara may act first.
~ cinema sign.