Main Menu

The Misadventures of S'kavara and Aiden

Started by furryoldlobster, March 09, 2014, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerokiriyu

He draws his sword and charges the bow hunter.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

CRITICAL FAILURE

S'kavara charges with lethal intent until ...

*snap*

...stopped in his tracks by a staked down bear trap.  They are hunters after all.  S'kavara struggles for a moment trying to open the device, and in an attempt to break free, successfully slices through thick rope that harnessed him to the ground.  He falls back to Aiden, bear trap still attached.

S'kavara has a -3 to dexterity related rolls during this encounter. 

It is Aiden's turn.
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

Aiden smacks his palm against his forehead, with a small burst of flame upon impact. "Alright. Ignoring that mishap..."
He charges up an intense aura of fire, that explodes from his tiny body in all directions

Fire Burst [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

furryoldlobster

HIT

An unavoidable ring of fire surrounds the two Haunted and strikes both hunters. 

5 damage inflicted on hunter 1
1 damage inflicted on hunter 2

Though badly singed, hunter 1 re-readies his bow and aims at S'kavara.  He lets his arrow fly...

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

HIT

S'kavara does his best to avoid the attack, but is significantly slowed by the bear trap.  The pierces his already damaged leg. 

3 damage inflicted on S'kavara

Hunter 2 aims his loaded crossbow at the small mewling and fires.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

HIT

Even with all his deftness, Aiden can't avoid the steel bolt.

4 damage inflicted on Aiden

S'kavara wrangles his leg loose from the trap, but still feels the effects of the cruel device.

S'kavara's turn. 
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Seeing the crossbow hunter distracted with his hit, S'kavara attempts to do a sneak attack on him.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

MISS

The hunter's senses are finely tuned to the sounds of S'kavara's paws against the ground.  He notices the Anthro Panther immediately. 

Suddenly, every combatant stops.  A floating rock?   This can't be.

Out of the dense foliage steps a child and with a flick of his wrist, sends the stone in the direction of the hunters.  "That was just a warning shot"  He stands protecting Aiden and S'kavara.

It is Kirito's turn (who rolled a 13 for initiative).
~ cinema sign.

Blade7737

Kirito tries to charm one of the hunters to be a friend

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Hunter 1 looks at the child as if he were looking at his own.  "I signed up to hunt and kill defenseless animals, not psychic kids.", he declares as he retreats from the battle, and rethinks his life decisions. 

Spell causes 3 strain on Kirito

Aiden, show us some fire cat goodness. 

DM sidebar:
I flipped a coin to decide which hunter to go after.  Let me know if you've a specific target.  Great roll, by the way!!!
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

Aiden begins to smile, a dark fury growing over his face. "My turn, human."
The small cat begins to growl, a large inferno wells up around him, and he shoots it at the remaining hunter.

Fire Blast [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

HIT

The wall of flame approaches Hunter 2, engulfing anything in its path.  He does his darndest to protect his face with one hand, and his crotch with the other.

5 damage inflicted on Hunter 2

The Hunter, left alone by his ally, and barely conscious brings up his weapon for another shot.  He aims at the battles newest combatant, Kirito.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

MISS

With his consciousness wavering, Hunter 2 misses his shot by quite a bit. 

A tree, twenty feet to the right Kirito feels it though.

S'kavara's turn.
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Seeing the hunter dazed and some what confused he attempts yet another sneak attack.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
Zero-

furryoldlobster

HIT

Hunter 2, exhausted from battle has no clue of the stalking Anthro Panther already behind him. 

2 damage inflicted on Hunter 2

S'kavara's blade slices through the human's chest and into his heart.  He's dead before his body hits the ground. 

All players receive 200 exp for defeating these enemies.  Congratulations!
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He walks over to Aiden, and sets one of the sacks next two him. He opens the sack and pulls out some med supplies. He studies his companion and attends to his wounds to the best of his abilities. "Who are you?" His attention unchanged form his cat.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
Zero-

Blade7737

I am Kirito the psion and i love using my brain power (says with a happy child like attitude)

Where are you headed?

zerokiriyu

Ignoring his question, S'kavara asks another. "Why did you help us?"
Zero-

Blade7737

i figured it would be good to help someone getting his ass kicked (as he says in a smirky tone)

but i did ask my question i would like a response

zerokiriyu

He turns and studies the boy. The look on S'kavara's face shows no jest, as if saying now is not the best time for such words. "Congratulations. Now leave."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zero-

Blade7737

Can i at least get some help to the next town please

zerokiriyu

he picks up the bandaged cat and cradles him in his arms. He gathers the unused supplies an replaces them into the bag, then straps the bag around his shoulder."Why? Are you afraid of getting your ass kicked?" He begins walking into the woods, where he searches for a small clearing to rest in. "Come, kid, it's about time for lunch. For saving Aiden, I owe you that much."

Zero-

Blade7737

thank you lunch sounds nice after a battle like that really stresses your head

zerokiriyu

He finds a small clearing and sets the cat in a soft spot in the grass. Sitting next to him, he pulls out some dried venison and a roasted pig. He takes a piece and holds it out towards the boy, as if saying "Alright, come sit down."
Zero-

Blaidrug

Aiden collapses onto the soft earth. Though patched, his wounds are still deep. He looks up at the boy. Those of the magic arts are able to sense and feel the power of others in the art, and this child oozes power. He turns back to lick his wounds "So, what's our next move?"

zerokiriyu

He feeds the cat small pieces of meat."The boy wants help into the next town, isn't that right, Boy?"
Zero-

Blade7737

yes i found its getting more and more dangerous in these woods and i just cant find my way out iv'e been he ever since my family's cabin was attacked

zerokiriyu

His wounds still bleeding, he takes no notice to them."What town are you headed to?"
Zero-

Blade7737

not sure haven't been out of the woods to town with anyone since i was six and my mental power causes me to forget things Farley easily

zerokiriyu

We are not headed for town, but if you wish to travel with us, when we leave were we are headed we will head to town.
Zero-

Blade7737

might as well nothing better for me to do

zerokiriyu

Continues to feed the cat bits of meat.
Zero-

Blade7737

zerokiriyu

Zero-

Blade7737

Kirito tries to charm s'kavara with a friendly charm

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

FAILURE

Kirito's charm doesn't work on the charismatic Anthro Panther, though S'kavara and Aiden fail to recognize the attempt.

Spell causes 3 strain on Kirito

DM sidebar:
Kirito's roll wasn't high enough to charm S'kavara.
Performed wisdom checks on S'kavara and Aiden, who failed their respective saves. 
~ cinema sign.

Blade7737

so why exactly where the hunter's attacking you

zerokiriyu

"Your guess is as good as ours. We should head for the alchemist soon, so hurry up and eat."

Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara, Aiden, and Kirito lick their wounds (literally, in Aiden's case), and enjoy their meal.  The comforting hiatus eases their minds as well.

Aiden and S'kavara healed by 1 hp.
Aiden regenerates 2 SP
Kirito regenerates 3 SP
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Stands and starts packing our left overs.
Zero-

Blade7737

zerokiriyu

He picks the cat up, and the sacks as well, before he heads back out to path."Don't fall behind, kid."S'kavara starts heading in the alchemist's direction.

Zero-

furryoldlobster

Hunger quelled, the Haunted and their new ally, don't take long to pack up and head on their way.

The three travelers don't make it too far before spotting a man running, full stride, towards them.  He's unarmed, unarmored, and makes no attempt to slow down.

S'kavara and Aiden healed by 1 hp
Aiden regenerates 1 SP
Kirito regenerates 2 SP

DM sidebar:
I'm going to be using your wisdom modifiers for sp regen for now

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

S'kavara sees the running man."Well there is something you see almost everyday."
Zero-

Blade7737

zerokiriyu

"Looks to me like he is running."

Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara's astute decision is correct.  The man is running.  He doesn't stop, even after bumping into the larger Anthro Panther.  A sealed letter, unbeknownst to the continuing runner, is knocked from his pocket. 
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

Noticing the letter, S'kavara picks it up without a word. Curious to what it says, he opens it, and begins to read.
Zero-

Blade7737

should i go after the man to let him now about the letter

zerokiriyu

S'kavara only holds up his hand as if saying "Hold on a bit."
Zero-