The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 7/10                                      Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points:   0/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9

Hearing all of the commotion, Zeeto rises from his comfortable spot beneath the Oak. "If you aren't here for a fight, why have you come here?" Zeeto asks the Manther.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

Now in a few feet from the group, he stops and lays on of the sacks on the ground. After rummaging through it, he pulls an arrow out. He turns to Lanor andd shows the arrow.."I asked you before if you wanted it back, but never got an answer, so I brought it to you."
Zero-

Zito

"You can't be serious" Zeeto says in disbelief. "You followed us all this way to give Lanor his arrow back? An arrow he shot you with?" Zeeto's hand gestures got progressively more wild during the course of his short speech.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Colfar doesn't recognize the two felines, and does his best to ignore them for now. "I may be able to heal one of you", Colfar suggests to his allies.  "Lanor, your injuries seem the most severe."  Colfar, without consulting the gnome, begins concentrating on the wounds.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Before Lanor can even push the half-ling away, he feels remarkably better. 

Lanor healed by 3 hp
Spell causes 3 strain on Colfar
~ cinema sign.

Blade7737

"whoa whoa whoa whatever happened between you two i don't want to be caught in the middle of ill answer any questions needed to be answered."

Millarz

Arya puts her head in her palm. "Zeeto..." She wasn't even going to finish that sentence. Obviously the arrow was just a petty excuse to disarm their caution. And sadly, it seemed to be working. "Cute, kitty. Now what is your true purpose? Could you tell us something, Kirito?" she says with her arms crossed, still mentally eyeing her dagger.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Blade7737

"I found these guys fighting hunters decided to help them and asked if i could get help to the next town but then this happened."

Kirito also quietly said to arya "These guys are starting to become scary. They're kind of mean."

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 8                                            Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                           Com: +3   Luk: 15

She watched as the wolf deflated, it was the most unique thing she had ever seen. She could take her eyes from it as the dark vapours ventilated from the giant wolf's mouth. It was so mesmerizing to her that she didn't even hear Arya ask who she was as she walked closer to the wolf, desperate for a better look. Then the atmosphere took a tense turn. The young boy who had miraculously made a rock move with what seemed like his mind said something that set of three of the original members of the group back into attack mode. Aila watched as the young boy, Kirito she heard, was suddenly at arrow point by two of the three members. She really did love to watch these people.

Just as she was about to start listening to the conversation going on, she was completely flabbergasted and distracted all over again. Emerging from the bushes in the distance, presumably where Kirito had come from, came a huge, bipedal panther man-like creature... and an adorable little kitten. The stars were in her eyes again. She began listening to the conversation between to two groups. Her mouth opened slightly as the man-panther creature began to talk. Arrow? It clicked in her head. The hostility and the arrow. These were the two that the party had fought before in the clearing! She had questions, and she wanted them answered... time for a little charm. She slowly walked towards the two, ready to back off if the large panther began swinging at her for some odd reason. She tried to look at cute as possible, looking up into the eyes of the large panther to hopefully sway it slightly. "You two are certainly interesting... and arrow? Were you the ones fighting these three in the clearing earlier? Could you tell me your names?". She gave her biggest smile, an honest attempt to charm him. But then again, he was a giant panther. His definition of cute could be completely different.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

FAILURE

The intended coyness of the question comes off as contrived.

~ cinema sign.

Blade7737

"you can stop pointing your weapons at me I'm only 13 what can i do to you please your making me nervous me being nervous is bad and dangerous things will start flying that i can't control."

furryoldlobster

The dirt beneath the psion suddenly begins to stir.  Is this purposeful, or out of anxiety?  The Protectorates must handle themselves carefully with this young human.   
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"Woah now, kid. There's no need for any more rock throwing" Zeeto says to the boy, trying to calm him down. "Panther, what is the real reason you followed us here?" Zeeto directs another question at the Man-Panther. "If you aren't looking for a fight, neither are we" Zeeto motions for his allies to lower their weapons, sincerely hoping the two felines really are just there to talk.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

He studies the young girl that fails to be cute. No longer interested in the conversation as it is turning into yet another fight, he places the arrow and the ground and turns away from the group before walking away. After a few steps he turns back and speaks. "Oh, I almost forggt to tell you. I know what happened to your guild."After speaking he returns to walking away. A few steps later he stops and speaks again. "Sorry, my words did not explain enough. I know of the destruction of your guild, but what I meant was I know who did it."He continues to walking away.
Zero-

Blade7737

"Kirito imidietly falls to the ground after the ground stops stirring imidietly grabs his head "AHHHHH it Hurts."

furryoldlobster

Colfar suggests someone should probably help the boy, and proceeds to take a nap. 

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Colfar couldn't care less on a sleeping spot, and just lies down mid-conversation.

~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto yells after the Manther "You never answered my question. I just want to talk. There is no reason for this hostility. We were quick to attack in our last encounter. We will not make that mistake again. Just talk to us, and maybe we can figure all this out. Now, you said you know who destroyed our guild. Who?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

He stops and turns back towards the elf."It is your job to figure it out, isn't it? For me to just tell you, you wouldn't really have done your job."
Zero-

Zito

"Is that really how you're going to play this Manther?" Zeeto asks. "You really are that cold hearted that you would rather the people who died in that explosion wait longer for justice?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

"Not interested." Returns to walking away from the clearing.
Zero-

Zito

"You coward. You are too much of a scared cat to face what might happen of you tell is. That is assuming you actually do know. You could just be yanking our proverbial chains."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

He stops and looks up at the sky, as he answers."What would you do if I did tell you? There is only one thing that may ever scare me, and you would never be able to do such a thing. Before you allow your anger to cause you to speak so stupidly, why don't you try getting to know me?"
Zero-

Zito

"How can I get to know you I'd you just walk away whenever I attempt to speak with you?" Zeeto counters.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

He turns back to the elf. "I will tell you what. If you will catch some fish and cook it for my cat and I, I will sit and enjoy it, while answering any questions you may have. Now I must tell you, if that is the only question that you try to ask I will just walk away. How does that sound?"
Zero-

Zito

"Fine. We will get you some fish. Are you sure you want it cooked?" Zeeto turns to ask Colfar where the nearest creek is, bit it seems the Cleric has fallen asleep.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

He begins to walk back towards the group." Yes, I would like it to be cooked."
Zero-

Zito

"Ok then. Anyone know of any good fishing spots around here?" Zeeto asks the group in general.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Lanor lowers his bow and approaches the boy, some honey will soothe his distaste.

Sweet things for children always make them, happy.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

furryoldlobster

Colfar stirs at the sounds of Zeeto's question.  "Fish?", Colfar questions the question.  "There's only lake around here, and its home to the Fexiwe.  Its a very dangerous fish.  It'll strip all the flesh off bone within minutes.  Its a few days walk, but I could guide you there."  Colfar eyes his improvised spear, deep in the saggy wolf skin-flop. "I could use a proper weapon though.  If I'm too exhausted to spellcast, at least I could be useful armed."
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya was distracted by the little boy's pains. Her maternal instincts made her want to protect this child more than she would another stranger. "Shh. Shh. It's ok Kirito. No one is pointing weapons at you. You're safe here." She opens her arms to hold the boy in a protective hug. As she helps Kirito, Arya tunes into Zeeto's and Big Kitty's... conversation.

"Hey! Zeeto. You ought to be acquainted with a little something called diplomacy," she says in a pointed yet hushed tone since Kirito was by her. "He has information we want. Screaming at him to give it won't do anything productive." She turns to the giant panther. Arya doesn't doubt that he was quite entertained by her reprimanding the elf. Fine. Perhaps it would soften the kitty up.

"So, fish. That lake is quite far. The panthers would have to accompany us there. Does that suite you?" Arya asks the cats.

furryoldlobster

~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

He looks at the mother like figure."If it aids in the collection of fish, I guess I must."
Zero-

furryoldlobster

"Fish collecting?", asks Colfar.  "Is that really a thing?"
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"Of course it is. Fish taste very good. Especially to our feline friends here." Zeeto explains. "We'll, it's settled then. Colfar, lead the way to this lake.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Arya looks at Colfar as if his skin suddenly turned blue. "How do you not know people "collect" fish? Did you not grow up in a city?" she asks, entirely perplexed. The human girl had grown up by a port, so someone not knowing about fishing was like not knowing you needed wood for a bonfire to her. "Personally, I love fish myself," she adds. "Maybe we can catch enough for all of us. Oh wait! But shouldn't we get supplies from the general store owner first?"

furryoldlobster

"oh! Fish-ing!", Colfar exclaims.  "From the sound of it, I thought you were going to collect the fish and leave them in a room."  Colfar looks at the group, and then Zeeto specifically.  "Can you honestly say you weren't thinking the same thing?"
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

"Ooooh you meant collecting fish like for displaying." Alright. Maybe Colfar wasn't so far out there after all. "Actually, people do that too. My great uncle was a fish taxonomist. People would bring in the biggest fish they could catch and he would preserve them for shelving or hanging them on a wall. Now shall we go get those supplies?" Arya asks again.

furryoldlobster

Colfar concurs, and waits by a nearby tree. "Let me know when you're set to leave."
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Aila's "cute" face immediately turned sour upon realizing she couldn't sway the cats with her looks. She stood and watched the bickering between the characters, slightly un-amused. This panther wasn't very interesting, personality-wise. He seemed uncaring and acted like he had no interest in the party. Aila wasn't convinced though. From the sounds of the conversation, this panther had travelled all the way out to this remote location 'just to give an arrow back' and say he knew something about the explosion. There had to be something else, he wanted something, and if Zeeto played his cards right, it could probably be revealed.

About a minute later she had her answer. Fish. Really? How stereotypical. Still, it was something. She proceeded to listen to the rest of the conversation. The lake Colfar described, it was on the other side of Shaded City, she had seen it from her times of being in the area... but she never really explored much about it. Man eating fish aren't generally something you'd want to play with. Of course, the conversation was coming to an end, and if Aila didn't do something, she was going to be left behind. Of the group here, Lanor and Zeeto were the only two who knew of her lie. Although the Elf wasn't as bought as the Gnome was, her reason for being in the area was still there. She recalled Arya asking who she was, and believed it was time to introduce herself. She approached the Woman hold the child, Kirito. "Hi, sorry for ignoring you earlier... it's not everyday you get to see the events that I've seen here... I was a little over whelmed... My name is Aila, it's nice to meet you. As well as you, Kirito." She gave a genuine smile for once since her discovery, she really was happy to meet the psionic boy. "Zeeto and Lanor have decided to help me reach my destination of Netherton, but from the looks of things, a fishing trip seems to be brewing. Would you mind my accompaniment on that part as well? There are few lakes were I come from and fishing would be an interesting thing to try."

She wasn't lying, where she came from before Shaded City really did have few lakes, and fishing was never something she was entitled to do in her youth. She then turned to Kirito. "So you're headed to the next town? Shaded City would be the closest town to this spot, and it looks like the group plans on stopping in for a supply pick-up. Perhaps you'll ask to join them? Things seemed to have calmed down from before, I'm not sure what the misunderstanding was, but it looks like it was between the Cat group and these three. Surely they would have no reason to turn you down." She wasn't sure if she could join the group or not, but at the very least she could probably get them all into one group for the time being. Even if it was just to the town or lake. In the worst case scenario, she would be turned away and would have to end up following them again. She was alright with that though. It seems being in contact with the group causes misfortune to meet someone. After all, how often does a giant wolf leap out of a bush? Surely the presence of these people was a factor.

Millarz

Arya reflected Aila's smile back at the half-elf. She didn't seem like a bad ally to have and her looks could disarm potential threats. "Welcome to the party," the human says. "It will be nice to have another intelligent female on the team. It's a nice break from these bozo's here," she jests with a smirk. "Although, pretty please no more throwing rocks blindly into bushes. I've had enough possessed wolves for one day."

With that, Arya stands up and starts walking back to her city, hoping the others would follow her. Enough lollygagging by that scrap pile of wolf flesh. It reminded her too much of Mayar.

Zito

Zeeto, already ready to leave before the wolf incident, walks over to Colfar. "I believe we are ready. I think we should stop by the general store though of we pass through shaded city first."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

zerokiriyu

Now that the groups attention was no longer on him, he looks back to the flesh of dead wolf. He knew something was wrong with the whole thing. He begins to look around the area to see if he could notice anything.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
Zero-

Tokilin

Aila smiled, she liked Arya already. She grabbed her belongings and watched the people around her do the same. Everybody seemed to be gathering their stuff and hoisting it on their back, expect for the Panther, he was looking around the area, from the wolf to the bushes she had looked at earlier herself. She was behind a tree last time she looked at it, and it certainly looked different now... Aila walked over to the mound of flesh that used to be the wolf. Walking around it she attempted to see if there was anything odd. Wolves don't get to be this big from rabbits. She also examined the quality of the fur, perhaps it would fetch a fair price if someone where to work with it a bit. Surely whole wolf pelts this large are a rarity.

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

Millarz

Arya is tempted to just run ahead and get the supplies, but then she remembers the spirit that possessed the wolf is still out there. She can't take it down by herself. Speaking of the spirit, she hadn't told her party what had happened in the spirit world either. Because of this, she walks back, calls the attention of the party, and begins to describe the awful events that ensued out of this world.

(Eh too lazy to write something grand at the moment. You can go back and find my original posts on the spirit world :p)

furryoldlobster

S'kavara's spot check:
FAILURE

S'kavara learns nothing new of the wolf skin-flop, but does notice the smell.  Its as if the flesh had been rotting for days, not minutes.

Aila's spot check:
SUCCESS

Aila, carefully examines the wolf's remnants.  She appraises at the fur, but already covered oozing pus and bile, the pelt is useless.  But no flesh should decay this fast...

The group is nearly ready to depart when Kirito, entirely exhausted from the events that transpired, faints!  He can't even hold Arya's hand as he collapses to the ground.

~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Colfar questions, "Are we going to try and drag him too?"
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

In seeing nothing he decides to take a better look at the wolf immediate surroundings
Zero-

Millarz

Looking back at the panther, who seemed to be inspecting the area with a fine tooth comb, Arya calls back, "You know, sometimes there isn't anything significant on the ground." She glares at Colfar at the suggestion of dragging the boy, especially one whose mental powers were slightly uncontrolled. "No," she huffs,"I'll find some way to bring him." She'd never tried summoning an animal before, but she's heard that many rangers are able to. With this in mind, Arya tries calling a wolf over to her so she may charm it into carrying Kirito for her.

Arya uses Summon Nature's Ally I

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Both Spot check and spell:
FAILURE

Out of the bushes jumps a fairly average sized, three legged squirrel.  The tiny creature lands on S'kavara's face, and vaults off to plant itself in front of its summoner, to simply stare at Arya with the eyes of a wax statue. 

Spell causes 7 strain on Arya

After many hours of failed, sometimes gassy spells, the gang creates a rudimentary gurney for Kirito.  They leave the area, and head towards Shaded City, taking shifts carrying the unconscious psion.  Everyone shares useful medical knowledge along the way.  By the time they've arrived, its already dark. A quick glace shows the general store, along with the old, incontinent, racist armorer's shop, is still open. 

Everyone completely healed hp
All strain regenerated from the long journey
~ cinema sign.