Main Menu

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

"Tell me something.  Explosives like this are rare", Grot says as he stands up, walks over to a cabinet and carefully pulls out a small, shiny, metal ball.  Only a small hole upsets the smooth design.  Its probably for a fuse.  "Only a handful of alchemists are capable of making something like this.  I'm the only one within hundreds of miles.  The next closest is an alchemist who used to work out of the Capitol.  And I don't know if she made it out in time."  Grot pauses for a moment, clearly a little lost for thoughts, "Do you think they're related, the attacks I mean?"

Grot places the explosive in the drawer and nearly closes it, before reopening it.  "Maybe you should keep it."  Grot offers the bomb to Zeeto and company.  "Who knows, might come handy."
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto accepts the bomb with the an air of cautiousness. "How volatile is this thing, anyways?" Zeeto asks Grot.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

"Perfectly stable", starts Grot.  "Until you activate it using flame or a spark.  That little hole on top?  Use fabric as a wick, light it, and toss it."  Grot adds, "be sure to stand back too."
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"Thank you" Zeeto says as he pockets the stable explosive. "So, I've been meaning to ask you. How did you heal your foot so quickly? I've never seen magic like that before."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Grot smirks.  "You noticed that, huh?", Grot questions, jokingly.  "Colfar here is a very talented half-ling.  With enough concentration, he can manipulate the molecules around him at an atomic level."  Grot's getting carried away with the technical babble, and starts again. "His magic allows him to create objects out of nothing, and heal wounds that might be deemed untreatable. "
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"Is that so Colfar?" Zeeto begins. "You know, we could use someone with your talents. Would you like to join us on our journey?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Lanor escapes the chatter of the others and looks around, he soon finds himself in the corner of the room that Elle is in and asks he if she could quickly show him how to make the bees into poison, this would surely help the tips of his arrows be more dangerous.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

furryoldlobster

Elle looks up at the Gnome, "Wish I could help, but I lack the skills for potion brewing.  Grot said he will come up with something for you.  I was hired to garden.", speaks the half-ling who's just about done with her work.  "Grot!", Elle yells. "Explain it, so I don't have to!"

Grot, interrupted by the screaming half-ling, stops eating and responds to the inquiry. "I'll extract the venom, concentrate it, and brew until its viscous enough to stick to a blade or arrow-tip."  Grot refuses to reveal more information.  Its a family recipe after all.

Colfar, meanwhile, needs to sleep on the decision of possibly leaving.  He could do a lot of good, for a lot of people outside of this little alchemist hut. 

Grot suggests everyone stay the night, although sleeping arrangements are limited inside.  Outside, there is plenty of space for the Protectorates' rest.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto thanks Grot for the offer, and graciously take him up on it. He then walks outside and lays out his things for the night. Soon after he is out like a light.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Lanor too walks out of the hut and sets up a place to sleep, he clears the ground and lays his bow next to him on the ground, his quiver next to it, he then draws his dagger and lays it close to his right hand in case of an ambush, he tells his companions that he will keep first watch and hopes that one of them will take his place when woken.

He then digs in and prepares for the night ahead of him.

Millarz

Was it dinner time already? Arya could swear it wasn't half past noon. That battle with the kitties must have been much longer than the ranger girl thought. This venison is freaking delicious, thinks Arya. One would think the gamy meat to be tough and rather tasteless, but this venison melts in the human's mouth like savory butter. She wonders if perhaps it was just the hunger making this soup taste like it was right out of the spirit world, pure and perfect. Then again, Grot is an alchemist and alchemists do have to work well with ingredients. Arya is so wrapped up in her dinner that she is all but deaf to Grot's inquisition at the explosion of the guild. Thankfully Zeeto answers Grot instead.

Arya's attention perked up when she heard the mention of a bomb. So a man came to Grot to buy explosives. From the wreckage outside, the girl deduced that the type of bombs were one in the same with the explosion that wreaked Grot's shop as well as the guild. In the wake of both explosion, there were signature pockets in the rubble: the epicenters of the explosion where the devastation from the bombs blew the structure into so many pieces the rubble would be unidentifiable if it weren't for the destruction surrounding it. The pockets had the same radius for both events.

The discussion between Zeeto and Grot starts the cogs turning in Arya's brain.
How strange. A man buys bombs and attempts to kill the maker, perhaps to hush up the alchemist from tattling, Arya reasons in her head. But this explosion is proof enough that someone was here with bombs. It's not a very clean kill, if the perpetrator succeeded (and thank goodness he didn't). Half an exploded shop is quite apparent, even if it's outside of town. Whatever could this man be hoping to gain? Is he working with someone?

But something unsettles the spirit walker even more than the correlation between the two explosions.
He knew. He knew the three of us would be on guard that day and it was only our first day. I'd bet my dagger he did. Wait... my dagger! Arya scrambles  to check her sheath where her gifted stiletto should have been. Empty. She had forgotten to pick it up after the kitties ran away. Dumb butt. She chuckles nervously, embarrassed and annoyed at herself for forgetting such a useful weapon. Not wanting to alert anyone to her folly, she slowly reaches her hand down to Mayar, who is silently sitting on the ground by Arya's feet.

She is gone only a moment to the people in the room, and no one notices. Not like it would matter much if they did notice. To Arya, though, she has walked about a half a mile to and from the cottage in the spirit world and temporarily feels a bit drowsy. Her soul had started to peel off her fingers as she was making her way back to the cottage and it appeared as if a white glow was poorly superimposed onto her numbing fingers. It would be a few minutes until her soul completely bonded back into her body. She recalls Mayar into the necklaces she wears to speed up the process. The necklace is no gem; it is a tooth from Mayar's body before his soul melded with Arya's. Half her soul was now closer to her heart. The girl's eyes, normally a dark brown, turn almost white with the closer presence of Mayar.

After a moment of rest, Arya calls Mayar back out so to not alarm Grot about her eye color change. She wishes to talk to him more about the man and walks through the tiny darkening halls of the hut (who knew a hut had halls?) searching for the alchemist hafling. She passes by a few doors, one Zeeto has claimed and is now sleeping in, what appears to be a miniature bathroom, and a door marked "DANGER! DO NOT ENTER!" The door next to it is ajar and Arya can see Grot in it pouring over the bees with a magnifying glass and tweezers. She taps on the door almost as if she is tapping Grot on the shoulder and asks, "Grot? I hope I'm not disturbing you. May I talk to you?"
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

furryoldlobster

Grot's new-found deafness limits his hearing, but Arya's reflection in his magnifying glass is impossible to miss.  Positive she said something, Grot makes a request.  "You've got to speak a little louder than that, Arya."  He turns around to face her.  "Having trouble sleeping?  I could brew up a fast-acting sleeping potion."

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya had forgotten the explosion had deafened his ears. She makes a note to herself to speak up despite her concern for waking up the two other halfling residents. "Oh it's not that sir," she begins, "or rather, not directly that. I've been thinking over the explosion ever since dinner." She tells Grot about her concerns over the similarities of the two explosions and the "coincidence" the explosion happened on their first day on the job guarding. "I just don't get what this person, or these people, are aiming at. I mean, why would they explode your house rather than something a little more practical?" Arya suddenly realizes she's talking about ways to kill her acquaintance and jumps to clarify herself. "Oh no! I didn't mean it that way, she says, waving her hands back and forth frantically. "I'm very happy you survived and that they were impractical. I'm simply attempting to think from their point of view on why they did. I was wondering if yo had any thoughts on the strangeness of the incidents as well. Also, if you don't mind me asking, could you describe the man who bought the bombs from you?"

(Do I have to roll for this? I'm not really attempting to do anything other than have a decent conversation.)

furryoldlobster

Nope.  Not unless you're trying to flirt, negotiate/barter, or lie. 
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

"I don't think his intention was to destroy the house", Grot replies.  "In one shot, he could test out the incendiary, and get rid of me.  Maybe it was just fun.  Colfar, and his magic, is the only reason I'm alive.  Brought me back from...", Grot trails off.  Grot goes on to describe the man.  He's indistinct in every way but one.  "His eyes.  They aren't the eyes of a human.  No life in them.  Just darkness."
~ cinema sign.

Farquad94

*Emerging from his dark room*

"Eh excuse me did I interrupt anything? I am not the one to converse very well but I put some more thought in going with you on your 'adventure'..."
Fancy signature

furryoldlobster

Grot, noticeably disappointing with Colfar's decision, is understanding.  Grot owes Colfar his life after all.
~ cinema sign.

Woodsy1995

Lanor stands from his position and decides to go and search around the hut, he searches bushes, trees and the ground to find what ever he can find, hopefully something will be useful.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Zito

Zeeto wakes from his slumber four hours after falling asleep. He decides to find Lanor and take over watch for the rest of the night.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Arya, although not fully convinced  the man was "just having fun," decides to leave Colfar and Grot to discuss things. She is glad another member is being added to her party, especially one so skilled at healing and molecular magic. She still cannot sleep though; the events of the day and her discoveries still weigh heavily in her mind. She is also more down about her lack of accuracy at shooting that day than she indicated to the others. Temporarily recalling Mayar to stop his illuminating glow, Arya slips out into the forest for a bit of secret target practice. She doesn't wish to wake her party members (who are actually awake as well unbeknownst to her). If she gets into a bit of trouble, surely she could spirit walk back?

After walking very slowly a bit of a ways into the forest, she brings Mayar back out so the likelihood of her tripping over a rogue root or being ambushed reduces. She draws her bow and shoots at a tree a few feet in front of her. The moment she does, she hears the tentative crunch of a footstep behind her. Instantly, she whips around and draws another arrow. Her squinting into the darkness is met by a pair of low yellow eyes reflecting Mayar's light. Arya nearly shoots, but then she realizes she's seen these eyes before. They're Mayar's eyes, or they were before his body died. Arya strains her eyes as Mayar moves closer to the creature. His light barely reveals a small wolf with deep grey fur the color of smudged charcoal.

Arya and Mayar haven't seen a wolf like Mayar since Mayar "died." The shock of seeing a wolf such as the one she was staring at makes her unconsciously lower her bow more. Arya wants to see if Mayar can communicate with this wolf. But Mayar cannot speak. Perhaps... perhaps Mayar could talk to this wolf's spirit? For the first time in her life, Arya lets Mayar go to the spirit world without her. She sees Mayar seem to dive into a point in the ground, getting sucked up into it in only half a second. He reappears almost instantly, but Arya doesn't see him reappear. As soon as Mayar leaves this world, Arya only had half a soul for a moment. For that moment, her heart stopped beating, her breath froze, and her eyes saw nothing. She collapses on the ground, weak from partially dying. She is at the mercy of Mayar's diplomacy. She hopes very much that Mayar has captured the good side of this wolf, or if that's even possible to do from the spirit world.   

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Lanor:
SUCCESS

During Lanor's perimeter search he finds something near a broken window, most likely destroyed due to the explosion.  Bread crumbs?  Some animal must have snuck in and foraged while everyone else was sleeping!

Lanor follows the trail to a nearby tree where he finds, not some simple beast, but instead a human!  She's fast asleep, no doubt due to a satisfied stomach. 

Zeeto:

Zeeto wakes to no guard watching over his slumber.  Where on earth did Lanor go?  A quick survey of his surroundings leads Zeeto to Lanor, who's just found a sleeping bandit!

Arya:

SUCCESS

The beast simply stares at Arya, and she stares back.  Mayar, through some other-worldliness, managed to coax this canine into a somber submission.  Perhaps he's a distant relative?

Arya may walk away from wolf without fear of attack. 

DM sidebar:
I rolled a sound check for Aila who scored a 20.

Back to Lanor and Zeeto:

Aila stirs and awakens to the sounds of approaching footsteps of Zeeto.

~ cinema sign.

Farquad94

*Events in Colfar's room*

"I cannot decide on this! I am going mad!" *He kicks a small glass jar of substance that spilled on the floor*

"Ah maybe my Think Candle will help me out!"

*He walks over to a candle and lights the wick*
"Now in a few moments my mind will be as clear as a whistle!"
*Few moments later*

"Hmm well I think I-"
*He looks over to the candle he lit named AWARENESS*
"Oh dear"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
Fancy signature

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 8                                            Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                           Com: +3   Luk: 15

It was the loud explosion that caught her attention, three people charged out of the afflicted building and were faced with a challenge. Three goblins stood in their path... and they were defeated with ease, much to Aila's hopes. These three were exactly what she liked. Abnormal.

Shortly after the fight, the town sheriff walked over and began talking to them, she hid of course. One to many run-ins with that man. After the talk the three split up, the mage began following the sheriff and the other two took off towards the shops. She knew what the sheriff was going to with the goblin, and although she would like to see the mages reaction to the sheriff, she figured the other two would be more eventful to follow. She watched as the Gnome and Human split directions, the gnome heading towards to racist equipment shop. This ought to be good.

She sat near the door of the shop, looking as mindful as she possibly could, a complete bystander. It paid off when the human girl and eleven mage walked right past her. She listened in as the babbling of shop and trade commenced, the human girl using her charm and the other two using their... force? In the end a loud thud caught her attention as she assumed someone had hit the floor. A few seconds later the three walked out of the shop, their pockets a little heavier.

Aila proceeded into the shop, it smelled horrid. Looking over the counter, she could see why. The shop keeper had passed out, and had more than soiled his pants. That would explain the small. Looking around the shop, not much was missing, but the sign above the arrows was fixed and there was a box big enough to hold a dagger open on the table. It was a nice looking box, perhaps whatever was in it was just as nice... She proceeded to have a little fun in the shop, moving equipment around, moving the arrow sign over the swords, drawing some things on the owners face (She's never really liked him anyway), and various other little pranks before deciding to continue after her new found observation subjects. She thought back to the fight with the goblins and took a second look back into the shop. Taking some leather armour off of the wall, she donned what would fit her. These people were interesting, but dangerous. Protection wouldn't hurt. She left the shop and proceeded after them.

It upset her sorely, she had missed something. A fight it seemed. The gnome was hurt and they were eating honey to sooth their pride. It seemed a draw, and they were on the losing side. The three stood up and continued on their way. Aila was close behind, but far enough away to stay hidden, passing the battlefield. It sucked that she missed the fight, but at least she wasn't dragged into it by accident.

She caught up to them as an arrow was being loosed from the Gnomes bow, the resounded "Yeeeow!" that came from the bush almost made her giggle, blowing her cover. She stifled it though and watched the girl hit the gnome on the shoulder accusingly because of the shot. She knew the Halfling was from the alchemical house nearby, she'd been around this town for the past couple of months and had explored the various things from the couple of speak-easies to the alchemical house outside of the town. Shortly afterwards she found them all walking into the house.

Naturally, she was uninvited. She walked around the edge of the house, looking through the various holes in the wall from some sort of explosion. To describe the house in her words, it would be cluttered, messy, and smelled like sulfur. Amidst the sulfur though, there was pleasant smells. She moved towards the kitchen looking into the window, seeing two Halflings, one sitting on the table, the other toying with the table sitters foot. There was a faint light, and the one sitting on the tables foot suddenly ceased to have a hole in their foot. Albeit, the one who caused the light to emanate seemed to be fatigued from the effort. "what a curious power..." she thought to herself, eyes trained on the Halflings hands. The Halflings hopped to their feet and left the room. Her attention turned towards the original reason for being near the kitchen. It was on the stove, and it smelled brilliantly. Easily enough, while everyone was in the main room, Aila snuck into the kitchen and grabbed herself a bowl and some bread, sneaking away to enjoy her take from the kitchen.

With darkness falling, Aila began to feel the fatigue of her days events. Judging from the looks of things, her targets weren't going to be going anywhere anytime soon. It was probably safe to take a quick nap, not within easy eye range though. Aila proceeded to walk a ways from the building and pulled out her blanket and sleeping pad, leaning the pad against a tree root for a pillow and sandwiching herself between the blanket and pad. It was only a few seconds before she fell into a deep slumber.

Her eyes fluttered open, the sound of some approaching footsteps in the distance had awoken her. Jumping quickly, she scurried to pack up and stuff her equipment into her bag until she froze- she felt another presence, almost right beside her. How she missed it, she wasn't sure, but turning her head slightly she could see the gnome standing there. Looking at her, bread crumbs from the kitchen in his hand. "Uh- Hi there." she stammered slightly. "I'm on a journey to Netherton and I figured staying near a house full of people would keep the wild animals and people away. It's dangerous for someone like to me make a trip that far south...". She was lying through her teeth, but hopefully she could convince this gnome of that before his friend with the loud footsteps showed up. She had a lot of faith in her charm.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9
+2 to diplomacy checks (Half-Elf)
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Millarz

Arya lays on the ground, dazed and dizzy. She doesn't know how long she'd been there, though she knew it was less than ten minutes. What had just happened again? The girl props herself up on her elbows and jumps when she sees the yellow eyes again. Oh that's right. She sent Mayar to the spirit world without her. Arya mentally added "sending Mayar to the spirit world without her" on her list of stupid things to never try again, right up there with the time she stole one of her past or present party member's clothes out of the changing room while he was showering (and she'll not say which one). Not to worry. She didn't see anything she wasn't supposed to see. Unless you count seeing stars when she got punched in the face. That was not one of Arya's shining moments to say the least.

And neither is this one. The ranger girl is sprawled out on the forest floor with dead leaves so tangled into her hair one would think those leaves were hanging on for dear life. She had taken her hair out of a pony tail for the night, which is also not an intelligent thing to do when walking into a forest in the dark. My, my, Arya has been quite a bright one today.

Arya sits up, having recovered from sudden death. The wolf stares at her. Perhaps Mayar can talk to wolf spirits after all! She considers reaching her hand out to touch the wolf, but then decides against it. Mayar may be a wolf, but wolves aren't always friendly to wolves. She'd better not risk it. Although Arya wants to get to know this wolf better, she knows she should probably go get some sleep, so instead, the ruffled up human trips her way back to the hut, looking for a moving target to practice on (and possibly lunch on) as she walked.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Aila:
SUCCESS

Lanor takes a better look at the girl.  She's no human!  She's a half-elf.  Perhaps this puts the Gnome at ease.  Zeeto, a little embarassed he alerted the sleeping 'bandit' so easily, approaches the two. 
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

FAILURE

Arya searches about for possible game, but no animals scurry.  That wolf must have scared any game off.  Then, at the corner of her eye, BUTTERFLY ...wait that makes no sense.  NIGHT BUTTERFLY ...I mean MOTH .  This small insect dances in the moonlight, distracting Arya from the sights and sounds that surround her. 
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Colfar:
SUCCESS

Colfar feels the effects of the awareness candle.  He's not sleeping tonight, but will experience a +3 to dexterity related rolls for the next few hours.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto, slightly suspicious of the half-elf's story, inquires further. "Where did you come from?" He asks. "What is your name?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Gold: 3                                                                 Wis: +0    Cha: +2

"My name is Aila, I'm coming from a remote village in the north, travelling to the trading town of Netherton. I need to pick up supplies for the town. I pass by here often, I'm sure the Halflings would recognize me if they saw me. Like I said, safer to sleep here than in the midst of the woods where who knows what could come out and get me..." Aila responded, her head slightly cocked in an attempt to make herself seem a tad bit more innocent. "Where are you guys headed? Perhaps I could travel with you as far south as you're going? Stopping at Netherton of course, I'd need to go no further. As stated before, it's dangerous to travel alone, much less me being a girl...". She switched sides, posing questions to keep them off guard and ponder more on the thought of another companion as opposed to where she had come from originally. Hopefully this elf can be as easily swayed as the gnome. Of course, she'd never be completely "free" of the lie, constantly having to back it up with something, but at very least, it'll lower suspicion enough that she wouldn't have to admit the stalking.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

FAILURE

Aila does her best to explain, but Zeeto isn't fully content with her story.
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Zeeto may not believe Aila's story, but he's no dummy.  She could be useful.  He must discuss this possible party member with the Protectorates.

Although its only a few hours until light, most of the gang are ready to depart.  Zeeto, Arya, and Aila got plenty of rest.  Lanor, on the other hand, chose to stand guard for several shifts.  He's so exhausted that he passes out!  What to do with a sleeping Gnome?  Elle makes a suggestion that is quickly rejoiced, especially by Grot.  Just drag him.  He'll wake up eventually, right?  

Colfar, still feeling the exhilarating effects of the awareness candle, has been ready, for what must seem like, days.  Grot and Elle are saddened by the departure of their companion, but knowing all he'll accomplish with these heroes, say their goodbyes as the Protectorates chart their next destination and decide if Aila can join them.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

After discussing they're possible new companion with the other protectorates (and Colfar); Zeeto gives Aila the verdict. "You seem competent enough. You may accompany us."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Aila was slightly lost. It went from questioning her about her lie, to them suddenly wanting her to join them. She wasn't quite sure if this was a goal, or if it was going to be a hassle; travelling with them had just been something cooked up to get herself out of the hot water. In the end, she was out of trouble and her true intentions were hidden. If things went south, she could vanish. Not the first time she would have had to flee from something. "Very well. I'd like to know more about yourselves as well, you seem like some pretty interesting people". She motioned towards the insignia on Zeetos' clothing. "Is that a guild insignia? What guild are you from? I hear the one close to here was recently destroyed in an explosion. Know anything?". Aila packed her gear and loaded her backpack onto her back. "It's almost daylight, grab your gnome and let's hit the road? We can talk while we walk". Aila gave her best con smile. Hopefully she could solidify the lie before they really question more about her origins.

furryoldlobster

Just as the Protectorates and their allies are about to leave, Arya collapses!  Grot and Elle come to her aid, pull her inside, and tend to her.  Grot calls Colfar for further assistance.  They send everyone else out of the hut, and confer for a few minutes. 

The two half-lings return to the Protectorates with a somber look on their faces. 

"it looks like severe bacon deficiency",  Grot explains. "Its the worst I've ever seen.  Only time and bacon can save her now."

The Protectorates must travel without their human companion for just a bit, and depart without her.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"So, where to?" Zeeto asks his companions.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Aila looked at the elf with a complete dumbfounded expression on her face. Not only is he asking the recent additions to his party where his final destination is going, he makes no comment on the condition on the female member of his party. It was obvious he wasn't the real leader of the gang of three, and he made for a really crappy substitute. "You're just going to leave your companion? I know continuing on your way must be important, but surely you have some idea of where you're going... if you take of randomly, how will she catch up? If you're that eager to make headway, there is a town nearby I'm sure you can stay in. Shaded City if I recall... perhaps you can stay there and look for better information towards your goal? Whatever that is? I've already explained my destination...". Aila sighed as she began losing interest in this elf. She had at least figured that if he could cast spells, he would have knowledge to back it up...

"At the very least let the Halflings know where you're going so they can let her know, and if one member of your crew is here, why not let the Gnome sleep in peace as opposed on to on the road?". She wasn't looking forward to traveling with this elf, even if it was only to Netherton to work her lie. Hopefully Colfar, the Halfling, the would provide better conversation. "Honestly... he didn't even answer my questions..." she muttered to herself.

Woodsy1995

Name: Lanor               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 7/7                                            Dex: +2     Int: +1
Gold: 5                                                                 Wis: +1    Cha: +0
Armour Class: 13                                           Com: -1   Luk: 11

"I suggest we go and procure the equipment from the general store that we were promised and then try to follow the trail to the south, or maybe even go after the treasure the armourer mentioned."

Lanor pronounces loudly to his group, and bids farewell to the halflings, thanking them for the poisons made from the bees and for all of the information they provided.

Zito

"Lanor, as Arya is suffering from SBD currently, I suggest you stay here and look after her until she is able to travel. Aila, you're right. I do not know what was wrong with me earlier. We need to head back to Shaded City and procure our promised equipment from the general store. Aila, to answer your earlier question, we are, or were, the protectorates of the Shaded City Guild. After we obtain our equipment, we need to investigate the bombings further. We must find this man with the black eyes." Done with his speech, and confident in his ability as a leader, Zeeto calmly walks away from the group and sits under a nearby oak. 

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Name: Lanor Frangel               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 7/7                                            Dex: +2     Int: +1
Gold: 5                                                                Wis: +1    Cha: +0
Silver: 0
Armour Class: 13                                           Com: -1   Luk: 11
[hr]

Lanor is completely torn on the decision however decides to leave with Zeeto as soon as he can, he grabs Aryas backpack fully intending on returning it upon her awakening and follows Zeeto to tell him what's going on, on the way he spots A moving figure off to the right but thinks nothing of it, at second glance it just appears to be the trees moving...

When arriving at the Oak tree Lanor explains to Zeeto the situation and when finished begins to throw rocks up at the branches hoping to loosen some acorns, they make great material for armor padding if you have enough and with 4 and a piece of leather it is very easy to make a pair of knuckle dusters.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Aila watched the two companions take walk off towards the oak distance. She could tell they were talking about the plans of travel though. As they were walking away, she noticed the Gnome, Lanor as she was introduced, glace of towards some trees. Looking the same direction, she took a closer look, walking towards it a bit to get a better glimpse. All the while listening to the dull thuds of rocks hitting the tree branches above the two under the tree.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

CRITICAL SUCCESS

Lanor tosses a few rocks, missing completely, before nailing the intended branch.  An assortment of acorns fall, followed by a birds nest with several small eggs!  These will make a good lunch.  Before anyone goes forward, Colfar attempts to heal any lingering damage Lanor might have.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Aila:
SUCCESS

Beyond the sound of sedimentary projectiles, Aila spots something 20 m away.  Its crouched, hiding in the brush.  Aila can't quite make out the image, but she's sure something is there. The bush is large enough to hide a horse. 

Colfar:
SUCCESS

Colfar closes his eyes, and concentrates on Lanor's health.  Within moments, the wound closes.

Lanor healed by 1 hp
Spell causes 3 strain on Colfar
~ cinema sign.

Woodsy1995

Name: Lanor                                          Stats: STR [12]  (+1) DEX [16]  (+2)
Health Points: 7/7                                                          CON [14]  (+1) INT [14]  (+1)
Gold Pieces: 5                                                                 WIS [14]  (+1) CHA [11]  (0)
Silver Pieces: 0                                                                COM [8]  (-1)  LUCK [11]
Armor Class: 13

Lanor picks up an assortment of acorns cracking open a few of them, together she collects 18 acorns and manages to crack the tops of 6 of them, with the tops of the cracked ones he makes three egg holders with these and some little twigs he manages to find, he also makes a note of the design hes just created for future reference and puts the three eggs in their holders and puts them with the rest of the acorns into the back pack

Tokilin

It could have been anything, a bush that size, but something was there for certain. Aila crouched into a somewhat ready position and reached down to pick up a pebble, acorn, or anything to toss at the bush. She lightly tossed the object towards the bush, hopefully it'd be enough to just startle and make whatever it was reveal itself, not hurt and make it angry. She spied a tree nearby that she would run and get behind in the event something flew back at her or, god forbid, charge her. Her eyes lit up in anticipation for whatever it could be. She recalled a saying as the object flew towards the bush. "You don't have to be faster than the bear, just the people you're running with".

Millarz

Oh boy did Arya feel woozy. She had never heard of SBD and never wanted it again. She feels like a sack of meat on a tilt-a-whirl, whatever that is. "Does this mean I finally get my bacon?" she asks Grot weakly. Everyone had already went on without her and all they left were her weapons. How nice. At least she could go get two more backpacks from the shopkeeper now that she's given the package to Grot, but the human really didn't look forward to lugging two backpacks while catching up to her party. What an awful predicament over stolen pork. She just hoped that Grot had some bacon around his house.

furryoldlobster

CRITICAL FAILURE

Aila tosses a few random items at the bush.  She waits a moment...no response.  Just when she thinks it could have been her imagination and drops her guard, a silver blur jumps from the foliage, knocking Aila on her back.  She looks up to see a giant wolf with illuminated yellow eyes staring down at her.  There's no running for Aila now.

The beast doesn't escape the attention of the others.  Seeing their ground-stricken ally, the Protectorates leap into action.  Lanor attempts to tackle the wolf away from Aila, but runs into an unforeseen branch and is knocked unconscious.

Init Rolls:
Zeeto 13
Colfar 11
Wolf 8
Aila critically last
Lanor 12 (but unconscious for now)

Zeeto is up first.
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Grot explains the situation to Arya, and points her in the right direction with an entire satchel of crisp wild boar bacon.  Its for medicinal use only!
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. BACON. Glorious bacon. "Thank you thank you thank you!" Arya squeals as she run to the glorious greasy goodness the second the scent hit her nose and tore into one like a wild wolf. Stupid SBD making her act all funny for bacon. Perhaps that's why she's been obsessed over bacon the past day. Hah! Medical excuse.

The perfectly salted pork rejuvenates Arya like a splash of cold water and she is off like a race horse running to the general store to pick up the backpacks. She doesn't forget to grab her stiletto with her bow and arrows this time and may have also slipped her hand into the "medical bacon" for a few extra dosages for the walk. Hey! Medical condition here. She needs to have bacon.

She was prancing her way back, bacon at hand, when she hears the familiar act of throwing something into a bush blindly. The human girl looks in the direction of the noise to see none other than the party who deserted her. Aila had thrown a rock into a bush. At least it wasn't an arrow.

Something peeked out of the bush. It's fur a familiar dark grey. It couldn't be...

The creature, apparently displeased at having a rock thrown at it (who knew things get agitated at rocks thrown at them?), lunges out at Aila. One look at the beast and Arya knows. It IS what she thought.

"Stop! Don't hurt the wolf!" Arya screams at her party. She instantly rushed into the spirit wolf to try to cajole the wolf into calming down. Arya could only hope her party wouldn't attack the wolf if she succeeded.
/i]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Arya arrives at the potential battle scene begging Zeeto for the snarling wolf's life.

Zeeto, you choose to strike this beast, or to listen to Arya's plea.  If a battle ensues, Arya's init is 11 and will go after Zeeto. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Seeing his new companion about to get her face mauled by this new foe, Zeeto tries to distract it. Hopefully he can create a sound to get it away from Aila long enough for her to get to safety.

Zeeto attempts to create a sound off nehind the wolf of other wolves growling and barking.

Ghost Sound[/b]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins