Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Novel

Started by Kathryn, January 27, 2014, 11:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn

So yup. Not sure if this is the right place but whatever.

I've been saying I intend to work on a novel based loosely around the rp server and all it's wonderful awesomeness for a while, so here it is. I've started. Shoot off fireworks and sound the alarms. It probably won't be done in like... ever. Or maybe just forever, who knows. But then when it's done there's an excruciating editing process and blah-blah-blah. I need to know now if you really, really don't want your character as a part of it; the idea I'm kinda rolling with won't make it too much of a problem, because I'm only a) loosely taking characters/setting/personas and b) only need a small number of characters until later, because I know all my books well enough to know my characters are going to be on the bloody take-over by chapter two and all the plans I have now will go kaput because, with my luck? The dwarf's gonna decide, suddenly, he wants a horse and the one he has isn't good enough, and he's going to lead them all on a crazy escapade to gods know where then it's going to be a fight about which one he keeps then yadda yadda yadda. It always happens. EVERY TIME.
I swear, it's like they know I'll probably kill one/all of them off by the end of the book...

Ahem, ANYWAYS. Any and all support is lovely, especially if your version of support involves throwing me into a brick wall then running me over with a flying shovel of death to a) eat, b) sleep, c) go to classes, d) write, e) stop writing (sometimes I start and don't stop for like... hours — my record is ten and a half hours of consecutive writing with no breaks at all, which left me very stiff) and/or f) all of the above.

So yup. Yes, no, give up now? Post your thoughts, whether or not you [are cool with / really (want/don't want) your character involved in] it, and any plot/setting/whatever ideas you may have. I love criticism and ideas and such — it saves me the work of having to do it m'self.

Oh, and another thing. I've published a book that's accessible to the public before. Just a warning, as much as I love it (it's my baby) it might suck. In fact, it probably does. I've been told otherwise, but I'm just a really lazy editor... for a less-biased opinion you should talk to Obi, who bought it, or Toki who got the first .PDF file before I edited. They can tell you how much it sucks, or doesn't suck. Or you can just buy it, tell for yourself. Would be nice, because then they'd finally send me my stupid check...
No comments on your lack of book, Allpone! Blame Ottawa post! I warned you this would happen!
Oh right, link. It's only available on Amazon.com — enjoy, or don't. Really, it's up to you.
yay pretty blue button

Millarz

Oh wow that would be awesome if you wrote a book on the rpg server! I'd be honored if Millarz was roughly in the book. Not that you are obligated to put her in at all. Do what you will. It's awesome that you've had a book published before! It's one of my dreams to become a published author. So far what's holding me back currently is my own lazy butt :/ I can hardly muster enough patience to fill a minecraft book, let alone a real life novel. The closest I've gotten is 40 pages for NaNoWriMo and that was tough. And I've realized the plot for that story was so crazy complicated that I ditched it. I have so many book ideas that just die because I don't start or keep going with them. How did you get yourself motivated to finish a book?
As for this new book, I'd be happy to edit it for you, part or all of it. Ideas? Hm... You could have the story centered around all the deities and how they came to be the way they are (but I'm sort of doing that for Arbor in a story that I've been too lazy to finish. I WILL finish it... eventually! @_@). Hold on this list I wrote is long. I'll bullet the ideas.
Ideas:
-a dwarf and an elf (or any other races) switching bodies and how they deal with that, but that's a little typical
-what happens if the alfar darkness takes over
-make Note some sort of Voldemort-type leader and go all ham on an alfar army
-what happens if the Tree of Life is sick or burned or something and the elves are displaced
-some disease starts affecting all trees and Arbor weakens
-turn the mini-games into a gladiator sort of game where the winners are granted deity wishes and the losers are... dead. Or turned into orcs! Now that would be interesting. And then some losers could be resistant to whatever they do to turn them into orcs and be turned into golems instead. That's not very cannon though.
-and other ideas I might post later if I think of them :p
Like any of them or are they not your style?
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.