Hexakill is okay, but most SR players don't play it so PBE is dead D:

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Care to explain for us non-LoL people?
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Zito

Wall of Text incoming.

Alright so here's the situation, backstory and all because I like talking about League. Starting on 4/1/2014, Riot Games ( the Company that makes LoL) released a gamemode for league that, as an April Fools joke, was supposed to be the future of the game. Basically, they gave everyone massive movement speed, attack speed, and Cooldown reduction buffs. As in, someone would be moving 15-25% faster than normal, attacking 30% faster, and using abilities 80% more often. In general, this made for action packed, fast paced games that got very chaotic, very fast. After the first day they planned to take it down, and when they did, people were FURIOUS. The community wanted more Ultra Rapid Fire (or URF, the gamemode in question). So, Riot did a bit of work, disabled a few champions, and brought it back. It was on Live for about a month, which is MUCH longer than any other Featured Gamemode had ever been on. Then it was just... gone. For the ENTIRE year after that, all the way until 4/1/2015, the community wanted URF back. Most people wanted it just for a bit, some wanted it permanently. So, on March 32nd 2015(Another joke ofc), Riot brought back URF. This time they had tweaked it a bit from the original joking gamemode to actually be more balanced. Well, as balanced as a game can be when it is on overdrive. Some champions that were previously disabled had been reworked for this gamemode so they would be playable and fair. The community loved it. URf was back! For about two weeks. Then it was gone again. So, the community has been asking for URF since then, and got 0 response until roughly late February 2016. Riot said that URF would NOT be coming back on April 1st 2016. However, they announced another cool thing at the same time. They announced the Rotating Gamemode Queue. This Queue is going to be ( and actually started last weekend) every weekend starting Friday Afternoon (Varying by Server/Region)and going until the lat late hours of Sunday evening. It will feature possibly any Featured Gamemode from the past, but only for the weekend. Now, in my opinion, this is a great idea. The way Featured Gamemodes used to work was basically this: Randomly every few months we'd get a cool gamemode for roughly two weeks, then it'd be gone for a year. As it is now, there is a schedule where one of the Featured Gamemodes will be on every weekend, in a rotating fashion. Last weekend was Ascension, a very good gamemode and possibly the best thought out of all of them. This weekend is Legend of the Poro King, and next weekend is Hexakill Twisted Treeline. Finally the last weekend of the month will have URF. Now, back to our main topic. All of the gamemodes I mentioned above have been testing on the Public Beta Environment during the last few weeks, one at a time. URf was on for longer than the others, probably abut twice as long. Oh, think of the PBE as a final QA check Beta that Riot uses to test things before they hit the Live servers. PBE gets skins, champions, and any changes generally 1-2 weeks earlier than Live. Now, PBE has requirements to get in, so has a MUCH smaller population than normal servers. Where on the North American (NA) Server you might get into a game within a minute or two, on PBE it'll probably take 3-4 times that long, if you're lucky. However, when URF hit, the community was so excited that anyone and everyone with a PBE account logged on, all at once. It was so bad, and I can attest to this as I experienced it, that you had to wait over two hours just to log in to the PBE. The Queue had over 4000 people waiting to log in, trying to get on for URF. The Queue times that first day were only about 15 seconds. So, the PBE was overrun with people during URF testing, and as soon as they pulled URF, it was a ghost town once more.

Sorry for the wall of text, feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins