Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

I dont get it...

Started by Clay, February 14, 2016, 10:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

A large percent of people who use our teamspeak do not use our forums so I thought this would be a great opportunity to use Diet's generosity to try and generate some much need forum traffic. I made a few announcements in teamspeak and created an obnoxious channel letting everyone who uses TS know about the chance to win a free game.   (attached image shows the TS channel i created)
It failed and i have no idea how/why it didn't work. We offered people FREE stuff, all they had to do was read a channel description, make a post and poof a chance to win a free AAA game.
I can get people playing on a game server and I have managed to keep TS with an average of 20+ simultaneous users (50+ daily connections)  but I have tried for 3 years, without any success to get people on the forums.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on generating forum traffic and why no new forum accounts have been registered during this give away period?
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Blazed_N_Stoned

some people just aren't interested in using a forum

Zito

You'd think that somebody, even one person would notice the announcement and follow the link...I honestly can't think of any good reason not to. I'm stumped as well Clay

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Seriously though, I think people come here for the community, and the people in it.

That said, either what was being offered was thought...

• a scam, not sincere/fake,

•  
  • not actually free/to have some kind of stings attached,

•  
  • unlikely to actually be received [if they won the giveaway],

•  
  • waste of time/too much trouble --- "I don't want to go through the trouble to make an account on 'the forums' just for a single giveaway,"

•  
  • to require you to first provide personal information before you could participate in the giveaway,

•  
  • useless --- "The giveaway is probably already over, or I'd have showed up too late to enter it anyway,"

•  
  • useless --- "My computer can barely handle Minecraft -- or, if their computer is a bit better: (ordered roughly from least to most performance-intensive), Unturned/modded Minecraft- FTB Infinity (or similar)/Ace of Spades/modded Minecraft- The Crack Pack (or similar)/modded Minecraft- FTB Unlimited/Garry's Mod/etc. -- let alone some FPS game with almost seamless models and high-end graphics,"
  • to be an outdated offer --- "Its probably been there for a while, the giveaway was likely over with long ago, and they just haven't taken it down yet,"
       (etc.)

... or, they simply ignored it. (Perhaps, per chance, could it be because they are the kind of people who don't like being given free stuff or taking handouts? I don't know for certain, but I can hope, can I not?) Maybe they just weren't interested in that particular game, or something of that sort? We may never truly know.

Anyways, I would think that if they came here for the community, then community events might appeal to them -- and, if done properly, get more people on the forums to discuss said community events and what they would like the next one to be, as well as to potentially assist in getting more people into the community.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)