Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Amplified

Started by smith1701, October 21, 2014, 03:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smith1701

Is anyone playing the amplified server? I accdently deleted the server what is the address to log in.

Clay

http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Tslat

Vanilla just doesn't keep people playing :/
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

smith1701

Wat kind of minecraft do peolple play. I don't like  modded at all.  My laptop can't handle modded well.

JudgeCrane

I just been playing single player just figuring out how stuff works in 1.8. Amplified is cool but needs to be toned down to be playable.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

schuminator85

I think that vanilla is one of the more rewarding play modes, being that it's difficult to achieve certain things.  Modded servers are great but they tend to be for people who are more lazy than others. 
It is what it is

Blaidrug

I disagree, Schu.
Vanilla is great, it's got it's own appeal, but modded MC has nothing to do with laziness.
I personally love it because it shows everything that could be done in MC, it's like seeing the world in a new way, or even visiting completely NEW worlds!
Kinda sates my exploratory needs in a way that vanilla did at first, but just kind of wore off
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Tslat

Quote from: schuminator85 on October 22, 2014, 11:26:27 AM
I think that vanilla is one of the more rewarding play modes, being that it's difficult to achieve certain things.  Modded servers are great but they tend to be for people who are more lazy than others. 

That's because people are doing it wrong

Check out our rp server
Like what you see here?

schuminator85

Thats just it, everyone hypes up this RP server and leaves Vanilla in its wake.  Thats why no one is playing vanilla and no one will for a prolonged period of time due to the fact that there is a lot of emphasis on the other servers.  If you don't want to play on vanilla then how do you expect other people to want to play?  I have to say that I enjoy modded servers as much as the next guy but there will always be a place for vanilla in my heart!
It is what it is

Tslat

The people playing rp never played vanilla in the first place

These are people who come to play modded or special servers, not vanilla
Like what you see here?

Blaidrug

T's right.
I was on the old vanilla, but I never got onto it once the server reset.

But that's no reason to call people who play modded lazy XD

schuminator85

It was nothing personal Blaid just a generalization :) i dont mean to sound rash or rude but the fact remains, not many people are gonna play Vanilla with modded servers out there, which is disappointing. I love minecraft regardless though so there that!
It is what it is

Tslat

People will stop playing vanilla regardless of modded servers.. It just doesn't have enough longterm content to keep people interested

That doesn't mean its doomed, it just means there needs to be a constant flow of new players, which no-one seems to be willing to step up and help with
Like what you see here?

Blaidrug

Oh, ok. It just sounded accusatory, my bad!!

But yea, that's why there are mods in the first place, because people wanted to find things to add to make MC more interesting.

The modded servers don't really take away from Vanilla, it just pulls in those who were leaving anyway.

Clay

Claytonia servers should never compete. Each server has the potential to bring different type of MC players into the community.* Just BC Claytonians migrate servers here and there doesn't mean one is better than the other. Instead Claytonia has enabled them to try different types of servers they might not have tried in the 1st place.

*Each server have potential to bring in new players, but only if the community helps let people know we are here. PLEASE bump our Minecraftforums posts to help each server come to its full potential.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video