Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

REQUEST: More use of the Economy.

Started by Tigurius, July 31, 2013, 12:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigurius

I Joined the Semi Vanilla server yesterday and the Pure Vanilla the day before. I'm starting to get hooked on the Semi Vanilla and have been toying around with the Economy, making farms and what not. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the items I've been gathering and farming don't actually have a function with the economy.

If requested ill start updating this thread with a list of items that are not yet placed into the economy, Will take some time, but would be worth it.

It would be really great to have a more fluent economy take part on this server, Its really ideal for my new play style!

Things that are unable to sell so far: (The list will grow as i encounter more items)

Rotten Flesh
Oak Wood Slab
Flint
Soul Sand
Nether Wart
Emerald
Melon Seed
Ender Pearl
Glowstone (Dust is sellable)
Spider Eye

Away from items that have not been added into the economy, Ive noticed a item so far that is greatly underpriced for sell, I may find more so i will begin a list:

Lapis Lazuli, I sold a few and they were only 1$ Each! They are harder to find then iron and almost as hard as gold, Price should be higher then that.

Thanks,

Dajacob (Joe)

Zito

I have noticed some that you can't sell as well. I don't think you should be able to sell Rotten Flesh though, as it is completely worthless...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

Economy......
I would love to run an economy server that has jobs and a powerful economy with loans,banks, and the works.
I think a small bit of the history of claytonia will help before i explain.
I started claytonia as a vanilla server and took requests for mods. I installed every mod requested as long as it didnt change the server into a new type of server example: faction ,rpg, economy.
I did install essentials which has a lack luster economy as part of its suit. I had it disabled for a long time until a few requests were made for economy. Once it was enable I had to deal with a new type of player who exploited the economy. they would find out how to make money by selling and buying items. They would sit in the store for hours buying something cheap (lapis $1) then crafting it (lapis block $50) and selling it. This made millionaires over night and completely threw off the economy. The essentials economy plugin is VERY limited. I tried to add in most of the items u mentioned and it crashed the entire essentials plugin. Its just not meant to do more then it does. I thought about installing new plugins to fix this but i dont wanna lose the vanilla feel and turn into an econ server.

After many months of trial and error with the different plugins the semi server has evolved into a self run server. A problem still pops up every-once in a while but overall it runs well. that being said if i get a few more request i will seriously consider a new econ plugin as long as we have the ram to support it.
I hope this long ass post explains why our econ sucks and will help you understand why.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Zito

Clay, you are doing an amazing job with what you have. I think the economy is surprisingly good for essentials. have you looked at any other economy plugins?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

Yea I have researched many econ plugins. The main reason is not wanting the server to turn into an economy server. I like the vanilla feel.

Zito

Yeah, I do too. Maybe if enough donations come in, another server might be possible?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

I LOVE making new servers and as long as the minecraft community as a whole is interested in the type of server I would love to get a new server. As of now though the donations are a few dollars short of paying for all the servers as it is and I'm happy to personally put in the extra cash. That's how I get to meet all the cool people of Claytonia!

zerokiriyu

I can't do much right now, clay, but if you want to up the Paypal amounts ill pick a better one. Ill do whatever I can to help you and the server out. And personally I would like a sever I could find a job and work for a bit when I'm bored.
Zero-