Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Art is dead.

Started by zerokiriyu, January 25, 2014, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerokiriyu

So, It's been three plus years since I've picked up a pencil and sketch pad. The other day I was cleaning my closet, and I came across my old "Arts" box. I looked through all my old drawings and thought, "Wonder if I can still draw." So I gave it a shot. For a while I couldn't think of anything to draw then I figured I would give a shot at drawing character portraits. I do not mind constructive criticism, but keep in mind that it's been a while since I have drawn, so keep the shitty comments to a minimum, Alright?

Now I searched my mind for someone to draw, and unfortunately for Saya, she was the first to come to mind.

Here it is, enjoy!

Zero-

Kathryn

Psh, draw me the golems so I have references to work with XD

Blaidrug

That's pretty good :3
I actually really like the face.
My only criticism is that the neck is too large; maybe try making it thinner, almost frail? Might be me, but I always imagine Elves (especially a lot of the noble women) as smaller, almost dainty.

Work on proportions, add some shading, and this would be perfect :)
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Millarz

Cool picture! As for constructive criticism, there are two things that jump out at me. First of is that the eyes are not aligned. If you imagine that the picture person is staring straight on at you, the left eye (from the POV of looking at her) is much higher than the right and they are both tilted to the right. Guidelines might help you visualize this better. Here, I found this picture online http://www.pxleyes.com/images/tutorials/submissionsteps/fullsize/2276_step4_4cebfd4bdee53.jpg That, and the bridge of the nose should probably stop around where the eyes are and not go to her forehead. Other than that, nice job! I haven't drawn much recently either and I can tell my drawing has gotten worse x_x And it's only been a few months :p
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Tslat

The bridge of the nose thing doesn't really apply since it's not Human
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Millarz

Elves essentially have human faces, no?

Tslat

I don't know, I've never personally seen an Elf
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Zito

Quote from: Tslat on March 07, 2014, 11:56:40 PM
I don't know, I've never personally seen an Elf

Clever answer there XD

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Well I have and they're basically tall people with pointy ears. Or short people if you're up by the North Pole.

Zito

Wait, so they're either  tall or short? That's descriptive :P

~Zito #corrupt4dmins