Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Shop

Started by Crazydad543, March 09, 2016, 09:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazydad543

Could we get a more comprehensive shop?  Their doesn't seem to be that much to buy or sell. 
   I would be willing to help with the build if that would help.
A good shop is a must for players,  because some items are very difficult/impossible to obtain for players who cannot sink in many hours a day.
   I would also be available to help if you wanted to build a more elaborate /spawn. 
Castle builder and hoarder of stuff.

Tslat

Keep in mind the server is designed for mature players, who aren't used to & don't want to adapt to an uneccessarily complex economy system.
The shop is partially-intentionally small for a couple reasons:
1. Easy to maintain
2. Keeps the economy under better control
3. Keeps the focus of the server off the economy
4. Keeps players bartering rather than just mindlessly selling everything to the shop. Player interaction is a big thing.
5. Keeps item rarity where it should be. If I allow players to sell a handful of low-value items to buy a high value item, suddenly the rarity/value of the 'high value' item plummets. Some items are hard to get, that's just how it goes really..

I'm always open to suggestions, but keep in mind I'm very heavily hesitant to expand the shop due to the fact that it's intention is not to provide a cover-all solution, but more to mix things up a bit with the money you earn.
Realistically, the money is practically useless except maybe for /eboost commands, or occasionally buying things.

The spawn itself is also intentionally small.
Just about every server out there you log in and see some huge castle. We aren't just about every server. We are Claytonia.
I get comments all the time on the spawn because it stands out. Not because of the huge amazing builds, but because it is unique.
That makes us recognizeable.

Please make your thoughts known, they are important. Just remember that we aren't like a lot of servers out there, and we don't cater to the usual audience that most big servers do
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

discipline4591

It should atleast sell something useful imo

beds and saddles i mean sure is nice but maybe something useful :P

Tslat

Beds and saddles are both things that were requested by players this week

May not be useful to you at the moment, but it's useful to someone ;)
Like what you see here?

Zito

Honestly I find saddles that you can obtain without a loot chest pretty useful...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Tslat on March 09, 2016, 10:35:24 PM

The spawn itself is also intentionally small.
Just about every server out there you log in and see some huge castle. We aren't just about every server. We are Claytonia.
I get comments all the time on the spawn because it stands out. Not because of the huge amazing builds, but because it is unique.
That makes us recognizeable.

Please make your thoughts known, they are important. Just remember that we aren't like a lot of servers out there, and we don't cater to the usual audience that most big servers do
You had me at "We are Claytonia."

[Nice speech btw.]
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

discipline4591

a location accessed via a portal that takes you to an area where players can create chest based shops in a market area possibly?

discipline4591

Tslat

Not the same, but somewhat similar
Like what you see here?