Main Menu

Minecraft 1.9

Started by Tslat, February 29, 2016, 06:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tslat

So Minecraft 1.9 was release by Mojang yesterday!

This brings a number of changes including:
- Dual Wielding
- Shields
- A Complete Combat System rework (no more spam fighting)
- Big upgrades to the End Dimension
- New Enchantments, New Blocks, New Items
- etc.

I just got a hold of the updated Spigot build (Which is what our server runs on).
It absolutely trashed my codebase for my mcmmo build.

This means that on top of the usual stability testing and updating, mcmmo requires a fair re-write to get it operational again.
To put it lightly:
- No active abilities work
- Alchemy needs to be re-written from the ground up
- Combat skills don't work due to the dual wielding

I've been working on updating everything (including my resourcepack) for the past week or so with some early builds of 1.9, but there's still a fair amount to do.
I will be updating the server as soon as possible, but of course I'll need to ask for your patience while I'm doing so.

You're always able to download the update for yourself and play in a single player world to try the new things though (Which I would recommend you do)

The heavy changes to the combat system means that people will now have to re-learn how to fight effectively. Mobs are sufficiently more dangerous, and combat has moved from a 'spam-click' action, to something a bit more tactical.
I would recommend that you get used to the changes in a single player world before the server updates, so you aren't immediately flustered

Either way, Have fun!
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Blaidrug

Oooo I call a spot on the End exploration party! lol
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Tslat

In an effort to get the server running on 1.9 as early as possible, I have done my best to get a stable build going.

The server is currently running on 1.9, so you will need to update your clients to play.
There are a few bugs, but I'll be able to iron them out over time.

The main thing for now is that Alchemy is temporarily disabled until I re-write it.
Other worlds (Namely creative and any extra worlds) are currently inaccessible due to bugs  in the plugin that handles multiple worlds.

Players who play in the vanilla world will be unable to traverse to the Semi world, and vice-versa until I've got working fixes for them.

otherwise, Enjoy the new update!
Like what you see here?

schuminator85

Sounds good Tslat, thanks for the work you put in!
It is what it is

Zito

When I try to log in I get this:

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007fff41472177, pid=308872, tid=300396
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.25-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ig75icd64.dll+0x12177]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\Zito\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\hs_err_pid308872.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
[0x7FFF7F7AF2A0] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used
[0x7FFF66074450] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used
[0x7FFF660790E0] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Update your graphics drivers Zito
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Tslat on February 29, 2016, 06:14:02 PM
So Minecraft 1.9 was release by Mojang yesterday!

This brings a number of changes including:
- Dual Wielding
- Shields
- A Complete Combat System rework (no more spam fighting)
- Big upgrades to the End Dimension
- New Enchantments, New Blocks, New Items
- etc.

I just got a hold of the updated Spigot build (Which is what our server runs on).
It absolutely trashed my codebase for my mcmmo build.

This means that on top of the usual stability testing and updating, mcmmo requires a fair re-write to get it operational again.
To put it lightly:
- No active abilities work
- Alchemy needs to be re-written from the ground up
- Combat skills don't work due to the dual wielding

I've been working on updating everything (including my resourcepack) for the past week or so with some early builds of 1.9, but there's still a fair amount to do.
I will be updating the server as soon as possible, but of course I'll need to ask for your patience while I'm doing so.

You're always able to download the update for yourself and play in a single player world to try the new things though (Which I would recommend you do)

The heavy changes to the combat system means that people will now have to re-learn how to fight effectively. Mobs are sufficiently more dangerous, and combat has moved from a 'spam-click' action, to something a bit more tactical.
I would recommend that you get used to the changes in a single player world before the server updates, so you aren't immediately flustered

Either way, Have fun!

HA!  Why not tackle it head-on, I'd like a good challenge of the sort, and to start it on a better server than single-player!
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

discipline4591

Toa Mata Nui 9

It really does suck...  ( ... though I am still trying to determine which is worse -- lag or no Optifine yet :( )

Hyped for creative world to open back up, though!

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Tslat

I reopened the creative world yesterday, should be operational now
Like what you see here?

Marshall_Maz

Hi ,

Just a quick question. Is the locking plugin also affected and not available now at all ? ( locking chests etc. )

Tslat

I had to remove the plugin, yes

It was entirely broken
Apologies
Like what you see here?

Marshall_Maz

Quote from: Tslat on March 30, 2016, 06:31:54 AM

It was entirely broken
Apologies

Copy that thanx. I was starting to think I keep putting the wrong command in

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Tslat on March 30, 2016, 06:31:54 AM

It was entirely broken
Apologies
Will it be returning any time in the near/foreseeable future?

Tslat

Given that all actions are undoable anyway, the fact that I had complaints on a regular basis about people getting stuck out of friends' chest and stuff, and how much extra performance we got out of the server by removing it, I'm really hesistant to say yes
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

What about a different approach of if you catch someone taking stuff, they can be blacklisted -- instead of having to whitelist everyone?

Or a 'Read-only' chest for non-whitelisted individuals?

Or keeping only the donation chest and non-inventory-block locking and not using the rest?

Tslat

If I catch someone taking stuff, they're instantly banned. Seems like a pretty good blacklist

Implementing either of those options involves rebuilding basically the entire plugin again anyway
Like what you see here?

Zito

To be honest the plugin is redundant. It is nice yes, but if we're looking at what we can have on the server with our current resources, I don't see any reason to bring it back. Just to be clear, I love LWC, but it isn't really needed.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Well... darn. And I was just starting to learn how to use it with redstone to change types of stone to a specific other type (unchanging set outputs per imput stone type) of stone.

However, it could only change one block at a time, and some could not be switched back, I believe, making it rather impractical for converting Stone into either Andesite or Diorite (don't recall which) for large-scale building, or really building in general—but it did make for an amusing parlor trick nonetheless.

Moving on to what I was really curious about:
When will the other worlds become available again (via multi-world or otherwise), or have they already?

Tslat

To make them available again, I'd have to make a plugin to do it myself and hope it works.
Multiverse is just too bloated for our needs, and so I don't think it'll be viable anymore.

Given the player's lack of interest in the server lately; I'm unlikely to do any work regarding that right now
Like what you see here?