Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Started by Toa Mata Nui 9, February 23, 2016, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toa Mata Nui 9

... The supposed "Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything."

Well, I may not know what the answer to life is, but I may have recently gained some insight into the answer to a few related, similar questions.

What if I told you I knew the purpose of life?

Or,
what if I told you...  that I knew the meaning of life?

You would probably react to it in the same way you might react -- having just finished your meal at a Chinese-American restaurant and received your 'desert' -- to the the 'fortune' off of your fortune cookie's little paper ribbon, but that is a different matter entirely.
You may believe what I am going to say will undoubtedly have something to do with religion, and you may be right. However, I will try to keep it as universal as I can.

Here is where I might tell you that "the 'meaning' and purpose of life have something in common, or are somehow connected," but I would rather show you.

So, as you may have read earlier, I recently had some insight into the purpose of life, and that it is somehow connected to life's meaning -- and if you did, then here is your explanation: in its simplest form, it all comes back to "What am I doing here," and more importantly, "What am I suppose-to be doing?"
The answers to those two may seem ever-elusive, but in all reality, have been staring you in the face the whole time. You see, by trying to find the answers to these two (and especially the latter) you seek out, learn, and acquire (hopefully) knowledge, yet the questions -- seemingly unanswered --return again to haunt you at a later date, and you repeat this process again and again until you realize the truth -- the answer was not just found at the end of the process, but also in the process itself, as the former answers were incomplete until the answer found in the process -- itself -- was known.

I realize that was not very specific, so I will start explaining it further by saying this:
Those two questions mostly sum up the question of the purpose of life -- to learn... and to grow [in                   ] from that which you learned.

"Now," you may ask, "What about the meaning of life, and how are the two related?"
Well, that is the slightly more difficult question of the two to answer, but it is still a fairly simple one.

The meaning of life is the answer you find easily, whether it seems to 'click' for you or not is for you to determine.

The purpose of life is the more solid, unchanging answer, subject only to translation.

To truly know the 'Answer to Life', you must know both of these, something which no computer or A.I. can do for you, nor have they been able to answer it -- nor will they ever be able to answer it -- because they cannot, due to their nature, answer that question.

I had a better explanation than that, but forgot it over the course of a few weeks following when it came to me, and was later only able to scavenge together this sorry excuse for a -- whatever it is.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Clay

I would give you a listen and discuss why I thought you were wrong.

I'm also a huge fan of HHGTTG (I carry a towel on the corresponding day) so if you wanna discuss the series I would be down for that too.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Tslat

You only carry a towel on the corresponding day?

But your towel is the single most useful piece of equipment you could have!
Carry it on you at all times!

Great books
Movie was ok, i do wish theyd done the rest of em though
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Clay on February 23, 2016, 09:37:01 PM
I would give you a listen and discuss why I thought you were wrong with you.

I'm also a huge fan of HHGTTG (I carry a towel on the corresponding day) so if you wanna discuss the series I would be down for that too.
What are you trying to say by "I would give you a listen and discuss why I thought you were wrong with you"? I mean, seriously. Read it through a couple times, and you'll see what I mean.

What does "HHGTTG" stand for?
What do you mean by "I carry a towel on the corresponding day"?
What "series"?

Why did people comment assuming I knew of these not-so universal things, or had time to look them up?
Or why comment such, knowing I had put "WIP" and "TBC" at the bottom? Was I so foolish as to assume those terms to be nearly-universal, when they were actually far from as universal of terms as I had previously imagined they were, and that I'd underestimated how difficult to look up they would be -- or are you two simply toying with me? ("WIP" = "Work In Progress"; "TBC" = [something I often see used exclusively to mean] "To Be Continued".)
BTW, "Humanist 777" preforms amazingly at almost all font sizes (as far as readability is concerned)!

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

zerokiriyu

Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. The answer a super computer came up with after (what was it 4000 years) after being asked "What is the meanimg to life?" She simply replied with the answer, "42."
Zero-

Toa Mata Nui 9

lol knew it was something another like that, it's been a while tho'.

The computer's name was "Deep Thought", I believe.

Only knew of the movie, not familiar with the books.