Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Claytonia Minecraft Builds

Started by Toa Mata Nui 9, May 06, 2015, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toa Mata Nui 9

This thread is for posting photos of the Claytonia Minecraft server(-s) and discussing those posted photos. I will likely make up a majority of the picture posting done here as it is my job to take those photos and post them [here]. Anyone else can post photos on this thread if they wish (just don't do my job for me, 'k?), as well as make ... appropriate comments on them.

If you have any recommendations for photos of builds, or builds to take photos of and where they are, feel free to post those suggestions here and I will post any applicable photos meeting those specifications in this thread. Thus, I highly recommend that you please be as descriptive as possible when you make those requests! I may already have one or more photos meeting your requirements, so please do mention whether or not you want a current photo.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

schuminator85

I think there is already a topic for this, called Builds if I'm not mistaken.
It is what it is

Toa Mata Nui 9

I believe not. There is "Creative Builds!" for when Minecraft is in Creative mode, and there is Pix/Vids for...  (I put what for on the "Creative Builds!" thread if I'm not mistaken, and I do not recall entirely what I had written. You can check my post there if you like).

Also, I asked before I created this thread and Clay personally said yes. You should be able to verify that on the "Creative Builds!" thread as well.

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Clay

Quote from: Toa Mata Nui 9 on May 08, 2015, 05:11:33 PM
I believe not. There is "Creative Builds!" for when Minecraft is in Creative mode, and there is Pix/Vids for...  (I put what for on the "Creative Builds!" thread if I'm not mistaken, and I do not recall entirely what I had written. You can check my post there if you like).

Also, I asked before I created this thread and Clay personally said yes. You should be able to verify that on the "Creative Builds!" thread as well.

This comes off as really harsh and kinda rude.

Maybe I read it wrong....
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Millarz

Quote from: Clay on May 08, 2015, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: Toa Mata Nui 9 on May 08, 2015, 05:11:33 PM

This comes off as really harsh and kinda rude.

Maybe I read it wrong....
It didn't seem very harsh or rude to me, but maybe I read it wrong...er. Wronger. Yes. That is a word. Shh.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Zito

It was unnecessary in my opinion to go that far.

Also, this is in the wrong section. There is a builds board just for ALL of the Claytonia Minecraft Builds.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Zito on May 10, 2015, 11:37:43 PM
It was unnecessary in my opinion to go that far.

Also, this is in the wrong section. There is a builds board just for ALL of the Claytonia Minecraft Builds.
Must've missed it.

Edit:
Yeah, so I just checked it and it is primarily for just anyone to post their pictures of builds. I made this here for the pictures I am asked to take and then post. I have been given a task and I feel obligated to do it, thus another reason this is here. Here, this can always easily be found without having to scroll as I may not be  updating it as quickly as others may post threads in the builds section. Not to mention the fact that here it is less messy overall and neater due to less threads being formed. I feel that that should make it far easier to find this when someone wants to find it.

I also put this thread here because of my last thread being here, since it is related to this one.

Toa Mata Nui 9

yeah, so I put it here for a reason, and I believe it was a decent one, but at the same time I did kind-of miss the builds section.... Sorry 'bout that. If it is necessary and possible to safely do so, one could move this thread to the 'proper' location (whatever or wherever that may be). I just believe it might would be caught up in the rest of the threads there, seeing the Builds section now. Although I suppose this thread could be pinned...?

Sorry for rambling.

Tslat

I'll be honest, I've been ignoring this conversation lol

All seems fine to me
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

sharingjan

I like how this is a topic about pictures of minecraft builds (mainly for advertising) and it's starting off as a topic about where to put it :)
There are no stupid questions except for stupid questions

Zito

'Tis the life of a topic about a separate forum :P

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

Quote from: sharingjan on May 15, 2015, 05:06:32 AM
I like how this is a topic about pictures of minecraft builds (mainly for advertising) and it's starting off as a topic about where to put it :)

advertising needs your help!

reply to this thread

Toa Mata Nui 9

Toa Mata Nui 9

Anyone have any suggestions for pictures? It would really help if I knew what I needed to be snapping photos of! Thx!

Clay

Quote from: Toa Mata Nui 9 on May 22, 2015, 01:46:51 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for pictures? It would really help if I knew what I needed to be snapping photos of! Thx!

turn off the ui when taking pix

Edited by Tslat: Press F1 to toggle the UI

Zito

Quote from: Clay on May 22, 2015, 08:53:08 PM
Quote from: Toa Mata Nui 9 on May 22, 2015, 01:46:51 PM

turn off the ui when taking pix

Edited by Tslat: Press F1 to toggle the UI

This

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

You may be wondering why I haven't posted any pictures lately, and the for said lack of posting photographs is that I have encountered a problem that has been around for about a month now. I don't know how it came to be or why the problem has arisen, but as of about a month ago, I was unable to access my screenshots in my Minecraft folder, as well as beginning to have some trouble with some adware about that time. The adware is gone, and I have tried moving them to another folder, but it still says I don't have permission for the file location. Keep in mind this .minecraft Screenshots folder came from my last computer, and that I had been struggling to rename the user and associated folder on this computer to that of my old computer, much to little avail. One of these may be the problem, but then why do I recall being able to access the screenshots more times than one on this computer at an earlier date???

I am trying to fix this, but I can't seem to figure out how... I will try changing where Minecraft puts its screenshots, but no promises as to it working or not.
Ummm... how do you change where it puts its screenshots? don't you need to use a mod or a different launcher for that??

Technical advice would be greatly appreciated.

Toa Mata Nui 9

I am using Overwolf for screenshots until I can find some other way to take them.
Here is a few photos of "Goatwood" I took just a few moments ago -- scratch that because they didn't go through, have to retake them! photos:

Tslat

Lol, owned.

I use ShareX for all my screenshots
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

Also, Creeper and PigZombie photos provided by our sponsor, asdkjfbqw!
Additional photo provided by Tslat!

Tslat

Someone forgot to take into account pigmen spawning when the hub was built -.-

I clear it from time to time, don't worry
Like what you see here?

sharingjan

I admit that i builded the nether hub, but i builded almost everything out of slabs to prevent zombie pigman and ghast spawning, so i was confused as hell why that happened, maybe i need to take a look at the hub where they spawn exactly and what i can do about it.
There are no stupid questions except for stupid questions

Toa Mata Nui 9

I am not blaming anyone for the nether hub issue, as I find this whole thing absurd to the point of both awe and laughter simultaneously. However, it is still a problem that needs fixing, as it can potentially put great strain on the server and cause lag. If you need any help in the matter, just let me know.

Tslat

The server is actually handling the pigmen quite well -- but it is causing players to lose frames when nearby.
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Tslat on August 03, 2015, 07:13:59 PM
The server is actually handling the pigmen quite well -- but it is causing players to lose frames when nearby.
I can attest to the latter quite well.

Clay

I added some pictures from the server to our site

if u want your build featured please post your pictures here.

Toa Mata Nui 9

Yikes! 'Tis been two or more months -- roughly -- since the last time I posted a pic here. Sorry 'bout that, been busy... I'll try to get back to what it was I made this thread for asap. Shouldn't be too far off in my doing that, either.

Quote from: Toa Mata Nui 9 on March 01, 2016, 01:14:48 PM
-- and I wind up busy, probably didn't even get any pics yet, but idk, will have to check the folder.

Worst part is, I thought I'd done it already.

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

I fail to remember to find the photos, or take them, and I don't remember which at this point.  :P

Zito

You know what I do when that happens IRL? (As I'm a photographer myself) I take new ones to replace the old ones I lost/forgot about :P.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

XD  lol I will look now while I think I have the time... and
  if return=null,
    then run Minecraft=true

Just some random pic`s that caught my attention while looking through some of the screenshot file folders on my computer.
  • Killed by trees?
  • Skeletons don't notice me?
  • Oh wait, now they are black and shoot me when I'm screenshot-taking??
  • So many Spiders! New record maybe?
  • Endermen want to be famous apparently.

Tslat

that code makes almost zero sense
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

Endermen just want to be friends? They just cuddle up next to me for about a min, then warp elsewhere nearby.

My personal collection of evidence that may prove Endermen could be 'evolving'...
(look at the images' titles; look for particles if you can't see the Enderman directly; I have had Endermen tp right next to me and stay there for about 3 minutes before teleporting elsewhere, but was unable to get Overwolf loaded quickly enough to take uploadable screenshots. Here is what I do have, though:)

Zito

Need to be removing the GUI still... no reason to have that in pics...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Zito on May 27, 2016, 08:27:11 PM
Need to be removing the GUI still... no reason to have that in pics...
Some were not originally intended for publishing, but I had decided, "Ya' know what, I'm sure [that by now] I have a lot of screenshots of Endermen just chilling near me, seemingly without a care in the world; I haven't uploaded any screenshots to the forums in a while, so I should probably upload SOMETHING to them; it is probably easier to find `shots of Endermen than of the few other ones I had taken recently, so, I'll upload those and maybe buy myself more time to acquire more better-suited screenshots of places (as apposed to mobs) on the Semi-vanilla server."

And yes, that does means that I've actually have taken screenshots without mobs seeming to be photobombing them--for the most part, anyway--since April 4, 2016; Yes, that does imply that I actually do plan on uploading at least some of them, and that they shouldn't have any GUI obscuring them, but I have to find them all first [to confirm that none have GUI in them, and that I can simply find them to begin with... somehow].

Also, the next 'wave' of images I upload will probably be using the 'FaithfulVenom x32 for 1.9' resourcepack's textures, which I have taken a liking to lately.

Zito

Okay, no need for the sarcastic type. It's definitely not needed and it's very rude in the sense you used it.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins