Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Server Redesign Ideas

Started by Poult, April 07, 2015, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poult

Hey everyone, so far we've made a fair enough start on the new server "spawn", but we aren't online with each other often enough to really plan properly and signs are going to be too much hassle for a whole long list of reasons so this should be the place to compile all our ideas together. So far my ideas are as follows:

- One of the worlds can be a kind of "adventure" world, basically a massive RPG map with command blocks to create a storyline etc. I understand this would be a MASSIVE project to be any decent but I'd be happy to do it alone if everyone else would rather work on their other aspects of the new design.
- For the world we are currently building I think we should have a kind of medieval/fantasy theme, although I don't really have a super-fixed idea of the exact-exact style.
- Also for the current world, I think spawn should be basically a little village, maybe with some basic starter shops and purely aesthetic structures, features etc. Other than that it will be purely survival for the players to roam and build as they wish.

So far those are just two general ideas, but we can get more in-depth as we go along, please add any ideas (small or big), or suggest a replacement for any existing idea (just remember, criticise ideas, not people!)

schuminator85

I like the fantasy/ medieval look, and I think that these builds we are doing should be very detailed and proper looking. If we rush it then new players will do the same. I would like for players to be intrigued with the spawn area and want to play more.
It is what it is

Tslat

The world you are currently building will be the vanilla world

The other worlds may or may not happen yet, I'm waiting to see how the build goes

If the server can't keep interest long enough to build something in CREATIVE, then there really isn't much hope for it

I have yet to decide what, and how the other worlds may be set up..

Long story short, the potential future of the other worlds depends on how this current world goes
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Poult

Ok that sounds fair enough Tslat.

Another thing I'd like to add is that maybe we should have a builder order? I'm not actually sure how many people are currently helping build but if everyone is just making their own decisions we'll get nowhere fast so maybe we should have a group of "senior designers"? Although I doubt that'll need to be, as far as I know there's only three builders, but just a future suggestion if need be.

Tslat

If we start heirarchy, then no-one will be willing to build, or people will be waiting on other people to build.

your best bet is just to place signs stating your intentions, or get people in teamspeak and talk it over.
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Poult

Ok well first I think we should see who's actually helping build so far because I think it may just be me and schu

schuminator85

Let me know what time you would be on, ( I play between 3:30pm - 11:00ish pm Pacific Time zone.)
It is what it is

Toa Mata Nui 9

I'm on the server between 12:30 and 4:30 on avg., Central Time zone.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Clay

http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Toa Mata Nui 9

Whoops! :P I kind-of meant to include that part the first time around!

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Poult on April 07, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
Ok well first I think we should see who's actually helping build so far because I think it may just be me and schu
hey, I'm helping [a very miniscule amount] too!