Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Vanilla Server Playerlist

Started by Poult, April 04, 2015, 04:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poult

I feel as though we should keep a rough count of how many active and semi-active players we have on the server just to measure how well we are actually growing it as we should be pushing to.

If you are still playing on the vanilla server please just post that you are and I'll add it to a list of active players, if you go on holiday/leave temporarily I'll move you to the temporarily inactive list and if you unfortunately stop playing for some reason please tell me as well and I'll remove you from the active/temporarily inactive list.

Active List:
Poulty12
shuminator85
Sharingjan
Mercuryboarder
ToaMataNui9
Drakonar (Pending)

Temporarily Inactive List:
-

Tslat

I should point out that a lot of the Vanilla players tend to ignore the forums too -.-
Might be worth looking out for people ingame too and adding their name if they haven't themselves
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Poult

Ok :/ at this rate I haven't seen a single player, whether that's because of time differences or because there really are no players I'm not sure yet but I guess I'll see...also could you give a look over my post on http://claytonia.net/forums/index.php?topic=3157.0 and see if you think any of those ideas would be worthwhile? Thanks Tslat

Tslat

All seem like great ideas to me.

The main problem we're having with Vanilla at the moment is getting new people in.
If you want to try advertise, that'd be your best bet to find new people and populate the server.
Like what you see here?

Poult

True, but we need something to advertise in the first place. Also are there supposed to be admins/mods on the server?

*Also do you and Clay play on the vanilla server or mainly other games?

Tslat

I used to be a heavy Vanilla player, as did Clay.

The whole idea of the 18+ is that it's meant to be self-sufficient and doesn't need admins. I'm able to come on whenever to fix problems, and I spy on players occasionally.

That leads me back to my original point, it's incredibly hard to get people playing Vanilla anymore.. everyone has played Minecraft. A lot. Most people who still play it, play it with mods.

I'm more than happy to help out with minigames and such if there were people on, but it's tough getting people onto a Vanilla server
Like what you see here?

Poult

True, but if that's the reality of the situation why not change it into a bukkit server?

Tslat

Well it is a Bukkit server, really. We just don't have any gameplay-altering mods, because it's.. Vanilla. lol

I was considering making a completely seperate world on the server with mcmmo and stuff, but I'm waiting to see what Clay does with his stuff first
Like what you see here?

Poult

Fair enough, just out of interest why was spawn not made in creative? I understand you want to reduce the amount of "unnatural" items brought into the world but surely that can be looked over in terms of server-structures?

Tslat

It was something that was community-requested. Players wanted to be able to make it their own, and so we decided to allow that. They did a pretty good job, but the most active players mostly stopped playing before it got too big
Like what you see here?

Poult

Oh okay I see, it's a shame that even the most active players eventually leave

Tslat

Like what you see here?

Poult

But why are you and Clay not as active on it anymore as well? Just fallen out of it or busy with other things?

Tslat

I won't speak for Clay, he can do that himself..

But me; I still play Minecraft just about every day. I still love it, and have no plans on stopping.
I play on a modded server (that some Claytonians discovered) with some other Claytonia members.

Vanilla is of course limited in some ways. You have to understand that the server has been out for a long time. More than enough time for me to consider that I've done everything I've really wanted to do on Vanilla, at least for the time being.

Maybe one day I'll play it again, but I can't be sure atm.
Like what you see here?

Poult

This seems to kind of go back to the whole part about players not wanting vanilla anymore and the "Why not just make it bukkit" or something bit that we brought up earlier...

Tslat

Pretty much.. It's an interesting topic.

Vanilla has been our staple for quite some time. It's almost iconic, really.
The main benefit to it for us is that it's lightweight (as much as it can be for a Minecraft server), and therefore doesn't cost us too much to run.

That being said, is it really worth hanging onto if not many people are on it? It'll come down to costing issues, and a few other things..

Maybe you could come on TS sometime and we can talk about it.. it's not quite as simple as it sounds..
Like what you see here?

Poult

Yeah I understand the main reasoning but I agree actually speaking will be easier, I'll quickly set up TS and we can hopefully talk it over when you're next online.

Tslat

Like what you see here?

Poult

schuminator85

I would love to still be part of this server.  Any news on what is next for Vanilla?  If we could get together and talk about things (build wise) I would love to be part of it.  Tslat can vouch for me I can hold my own when it comes to building.
It is what it is

Tslat

Still planning it out, but I want to add a bit more content to the server, and open some areas up to under 18 and the wider community aswell
Like what you see here?

Zito

Quote from: Tslat on April 04, 2015, 07:32:14 AM
I was considering making a completely seperate world on the server with mcmmo and stuff

Just wanted to say that I really like this idea. I'm obsessed with mcmmo and I'd come play on it a lot if you did this.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Yeah.

It's gonna depend on RAM intensity, but my complete idea is 3 worlds;
1 Creative world for Donators only
1 Vanilla world for 18+
1 Semi-Vanilla world with mcmmo and 1/2 other small plugins
Like what you see here?

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

The vanilla server is open and in creative if you wanna help out building the spawn

No personal builds of course, just the spawn area
Like what you see here?

smith1701

I hope to be playing soon. My crap has blown up. I miss playing.

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Tslat on April 04, 2015, 07:14:11 AM
I used to be a heavy Vanilla player, as did Clay.

The whole idea of the 18+ is that it's meant to be self-sufficient and doesn't need admins. I'm able to come on whenever to fix problems, and I spy on players occasionally.

That leads me back to my original point, it's incredibly hard to get people playing Vanilla anymore.. everyone has played Minecraft. A lot. Most people who still play it, play it with mods.

I'm more than happy to help out with minigames and such if there were people on, but it's tough getting people onto a Vanilla server
So, about the whole "mini-game" thing: why don't we get the active players on while it's still creative and make some, eh? It'd be an event, and it'd be build-related, and it can get people playing on the server if it is advertized enough. Win-Win-Win?
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Poult

Yeah that sounds like a plan, maybe we can make the minigames area on the road that leads (or from now on used to lead) towards the little circle with the "sign post" in the middle? (The very first road)

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Poult on April 13, 2015, 12:40:34 PM
Yeah that sounds like a plan, maybe we can make the minigames area on the road that leads (or from now on used to lead) towards the little circle with the "sign post" in the middle? (The very first road)
Going in-game. talk about it more there?

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Toa Mata Nui 9

Hotel -- ermmm Spawn Inn -- has been improved.
I'm also working on a Tree Parkour next to it.

Toa Mata Nui 9

OK. Drakonar got on and left while I was AFK, so he's pretty active if you ask me. I've also seen a build w/ his name on it, so that's another reason.