Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

What is?

Started by Tslat, March 26, 2015, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tslat

Is there, or can there be a thread somewhere that goes over how Dungeons and Dragons on the forum actually works?

Doesn't need to be detailed, use individual threads for that, but a brief overview of lot, from creating a character (with stats? idk), to joining an adventure, to levelling up (is there levels?)

People like myself have absolutely no idea how this stuff works, and personally it feels like a large entry barrier.

Is this doable?
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Tokilin

It should be. The overall concept is pretty simple tough. Once you start getting down into the details it gets a little tough. I might ask for a "Getting Started" Board to be added so it's easy to see where to start. In there I'd just make threads Labelled simply like "1. What is Dungeons and Dragons" and "2. Where to start", proceeding into a step by step list of boards that users can read in an easily stated numerical order have them well on their way to playing this wonderfully amazing game :)
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Tslat

Good idea, because at the moment all I see is character creation, but it seems very complicated and overwhelming. There really needs to be a simplified version, at least for people to get their head around.
Like what you see here?

Tokilin

I can simplify it. If you could make a board right above D&D General Information, I'll get started either today or tomorrow. "Get Started Here!" plus or minus the exclamation mark for the board title. Then I'll start making threads. It should sort itself numerically because of the numbers starting at the beginning of the threads.

Tslat

Like what you see here?

Tokilin

Errrugh. I've got notepad documents all over my pc with the information to write the threadsm but I've been lazy x.x (It's not an excuse, Laziness never is).

They should start showing up soon.