Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Fantasy League Teams

Started by Tokilin, August 24, 2014, 04:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokilin

I don't really follow the LCS, nor do I know how fantasy sports work. I do happen to have an idea though, and the topic name says it all. For those that know how to run something like this, go ahead and start a-postin'. It would be awesome if you also explained how it worked...  :P
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Millarz

Basically you pick which people you'd want to have on your ideal dream team from any team in the world or something like that. Their performance in the competitions affects their fantasy league scores. Your score is the combined score of all the people and the team you pick. Your score is compared to your friends who are in the same "league" as you, meaning they made a group (league) and invited you to join them in it so your scores will be compared. I don't think it's open to the public yet. From the website, the scoring is like this:

QuoteHOW LCS PLAYERS ARE SCORED

Kills: 2 pts
Deaths: -0.5 pts
Assists: 1.5 pts
CS: 0.01 pts
Triple Kill: 2 bonus pts
Quadra Kill: 5 bonus pts
Penta Kill: 10 bonus pts
10+ Kills / Assists: 2 bonus pts
HOW LCS TEAMS ARE SCORED

First Blood: 2 pts
Dragons taken: 1 pt
Barons taken: 2 pts
Towers destroyed: 1 pt
Victory: 2 pts
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

JudgeCrane

I saw some professional leauge players do this and there was like a rotation to do this like they each take turns picking players and they cant pick a player already picked. Usually after all the top players were picked they just picked themselves lol.
Could be wrong about this but it would prevent people from taking all the top players or people picking identical teams, there would be more randomness.

Would we be doing only NA I wouldn't want to research international teams lol.

Edit: Doing this over TS or Skype would be fun if we are all on sometime.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

Zito

I think it'd be pretty fun, I'd probably just pick C9 XD.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

So are we still down for doing this? I'am looking into a couple websites so we can do it with at least 4 people. If you find or have found a good place to start drafts please share. Remember worlds start on the 18th!
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

JudgeCrane

http://pickem.na.lolesports.com/en-US#welcome
http://fantasy.eslgaming.com/

Found these so far, let me know if you found anything better or you want to try one of these or both?

Tokilin

http://pickem.na.lolesports.com/en-US#welcome

Was just about to recommend this one. It's from the league launcher, so I figure it's probably an official thing. Shadow beat me to it, though.

JudgeCrane

I asked the league reddit for any fantasy sites and pickem looked pretty good. Sad you cant make a fantasy team but will do better than nothing.

Zito

The Pickem one is just for who you think will win at worlds. Here's my picks
http://pickem.lolesports.com/#series/1/user/236669/my-picks

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

Sorta but you get points if you pick correctly and in the right order. This is what I believe is going down.
http://pickem.lolesports.com/#series/1/user/86946/my-picks

JudgeCrane

Man you got to put starhorn royal club higher they came 2nd in worlds last year and SK only came 2nd in their region this year lol.

Millarz

JudgeCrane

Like how everyone just knows samsung white is going to come out on top in group A lol.

Millarz

Daw I thought royal club would beat TSM but I didn't want them to D:

JudgeCrane

The TSM vs TPA was surprising but I thought they were pretty even.

JudgeCrane

SSW picked a katarina vs a TF also against a team with high cc. Prepared to watch a godly katarina or samsungs first loss. AHQ vs SSW game.

JudgeCrane

Gotta show some love for the shoutcasters keeping the games constantly entertaining every skirmish.

http://youtu.be/9ZfUILVQm-0

Millarz

That's really cool. I wonder how they got those jobs. I wonder how they do it too.

JudgeCrane

I know some use to be commentators for older games like warcraft 3, starcraft. They have definitely came a long way but have lots of experience being in esports for awhile now.

Millarz

JudgeCrane

Millarz

JudgeCrane

Happy to see a midlane jayce in these first games but a singed O.O

Millarz

Why is everyone so surprised by that singed? I mean I know he's not a top tier champ but still it doesn't mean he's urgot.

JudgeCrane

Worlds is in 2 hours not sure if I will stay up to watch it live. Who's your favorite, who do you want to win?
Really want Royal Club to win but its going to be hard. I rooted for SSW and SHC group stages because they played fantastic but overall I want china to win a championship this year.
Next year NA is winning!

Millarz

Samsung White because 1) Imp is a beast and plays twitch a lot 2) His support is awesome 3) They beat TSM even though that's much less of a factor especially since I really only started liking TSM because WildTurtle played twitch and 4) IMP PLAYS TWITCH

PS I'm really sick of playing league at the moment. You'll probably not find me online for a tad :p

JudgeCrane

Well hopefully they will make twitch a ssw skin.

Zito

I think they will. That was one of his best champs throughout the tournament.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

They most likely will when asked the team said they want singed top, rengar jungle, talon mid, thresh support and twitch adc.

Zito

Sweet I can't wait for those skins. I recently started playing Rengar, and if the others are good I might get the whole bundle. Too bad it'll be probably until like May until they come out.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

Harrowing hit today get ready to spend rp on legacy skins lol

Zito

Oh yeah. Got the lb skin, wu skin, and some good ones from back in the day.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

I find it funny how many topics are laced into our other topics XD

JudgeCrane

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/11/1119-pbe-update.html
Elise, Orianna skins, Poro Skins??!?! Rito take my money I don't even care if the server is down.