Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Ender farm.

Started by smith1701, August 11, 2014, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smith1701

I will supply the stone bricks or cobble stone but can we add more chest space there. I am willing to do the work as well.

PrimeZz

Isn't there an ender farm already on vannilla?

smith1701

Add space for more chests it's getting cramped I'm not smart enough to make a ender farm and the one that's there is cool.

And a rail  would rock. I'll solve that myself though.

Tslat

I believe quinn built the enderfarm, since he's not here much anymore, feel free to make your modifications
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

smith1701

Do I need to out water above any building add on in the enderfarm.
Sorry this sounds stupid but I rely don't know

Tslat

If you don't know much about entity spawning mechanisms and controls, you should get involved with someone who does, or do some research.. Its an important part of the farm
Like what you see here?

smith1701

That's fine I'd be happy to but thoes who do are not on much at all or are so much the loner they don't talk and are not willing to give info. I'm willing to learn.

Tslat

Basically Endermen in the End will spawn on any solid, full block, regardless of light level.

They also require 3 air blocks above the solid, full block to consider it a spawn.

The water on top of the end spawner is used to prevent spawning, since they won't spawn in water.
You'll also notice any non-water areas are only half a block tall (by use of slabs), since they require a full block to spawn

So if you plan to extend, make sure ALL parts of your extension are either:

A: Covered in water
B: Only half a block high by use of slabs
C: Covered by a roof leaving a 2 block headroom at maximum.

Failure to do so will ruin the spawner
Like what you see here?

smith1701

Thank you for response. I will not mess with what's there I don't want to mess anything up

schuminator85

I can assist with the enderfarm expansion, I have built a few myself and Im pretty familiar with their mechanics.
It is what it is