Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Advertising

Started by Tslat, July 25, 2014, 08:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tslat

As I'm sure most people should know, advertising is about the second biggest part of running a server/group/community/whatever. (The biggest being actual content).

Now, while the Adventure server is coming along nicely in terms of content, I haven't heard anything from anyone in the way of advertising. It doesn't have to be done right away, and it's completely up to you how, and when you do it.
However, it does need to be done if the server is to run for long periods of time.

If you're waiting for something (my mod maybe?) then so be it, but post that here so we are all on the same page. There needs to be a plan in place to bring new players in, and to keep them around.

As I've tried with Vanilla, advertising in a spot and waiting for fish to bite is not a viable sustainable method of advertisement. I'm not particularly good at advertising myself, I just know the importance of it.

Let's at least get everyone on the same track here
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Clay

I can help with promoting the server. Whoever is going to take on the responsibility let me know and I can give you some insight on what has worked for me in the past.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

VTA

I have been waiting for proper protection to prevent griefing.
Tslat has been working on it and should be done soon.
Then i would appreciate any help people wish to provide
with advertising.

Tslat

I should point out that this board is only visible to staff of Hexxit and High-End Claytonia staff.

Just in case you didn't know lol
Like what you see here?

Clay

im going to start pushing the community to start helping out more with the advertising of minecraft servers.
IF the server is ready this would be a good time to get a post on MCF for the community to bump.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Tslat

Wait for VTA's response, but I'm fine to go.

Like what you see here?

VTA

I think the pack is stable enough to start lets do this.