I have no feelings either way
3 (17.6%)
I would dislike a Claytonia FTB server
1 (5.9%)
I would hate a Claytonia FTB server
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

NomFRENCHTOAST

Pretty simple guys! I've been thinking of this for a while, and FTB would be a lot of fun if we could get the community active on it! It could also bring in a bunch of new people. I'd suggest we make it like the vanilla server by way of the age restriction, simply because FTB has some seriously powerful stuff that can do serious damage if not used carefully, but if we're all sensible we could see some crazy builds!

Tell me what you think. I'd happily admin on the server if it was to go through! Sadly, I don't have any cash to send claytonia to support this idea, so I understand if it simply can't be done because of money. Discussion in comments?

NomFRENCHTOAST

It's decided, a Claytonia FTB there shall be!

JudgeCrane

Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

NomFRENCHTOAST

Whatever we decided, if it went through. It's more important there'd be any interest

JudgeCrane

Yeah definitely, there needs to be interest would be no fun if there were just a few people on tinkering on with the mods. Any preference on a modpack like technological or magic?
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

JudgeCrane

We could try a pvp type thing. I know mindcrack has started up a pvp server and even released its own modpack. Could be a fun idea to get people to join in on this, level 1 starting a fresh world and already wars happening could be fun. :) We of course could make our own ruleset for it.

PrimeZz

Hey there guy's. Nom I would be down to help with the FTB server if we can get one up and running. I love FTB and know a little about most of it. So if you or we can get it up and running I'm here to help. I'll actually get in TS lol. I play on the Vanilla but don't really do the TS anymore.. But that would change for this. Cuz I love it so much........

zerokiriyu

I would be happy to help as well.

~Zero
Zero-

PrimeZz

Clay

lets discuses $ and advertising.
anyone willing to donate?
anyone willing to post at least once a day on MC forums?
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

joe21221

Id be willing to throw at least $5 dollars towards it if other people also donated. Ive kinda disappeared lately with other random minecrafters throughout the mine craft forums to try out the mods, but they always disappear after a day or two. So if this actually happens id be so thrilled to get to play with my fellow Claytonians =D

zerokiriyu

I will try to donate each month but, I can't promise every month.

~Zero
Zero-

NomFRENCHTOAST

I can't donate to the idea, as I said, but what I can do is a bit of advertising for the server. I've also done some research and thinking about this thing.

1) Cost
I'm unsure of who our server host, but the server would need to be moderately beefy, primarily because FTB is a very resource intensive mod pack, especially if people are not careful with their builds. To help counteract this, we'd need people to advertise it (See 3) and donate in order to keep it running.

2) Moderation
This server would have to have very active admins because of the issues within FTB. As I've said, I could very easily help with this as I have a lot of spare hours and am in a different timezone completely so can deal with issues when people aren't online. Of course, we'd need a few more and that would be at Clay's discretion, it being his server and all. We'd also need players to be reasonable, because FTB has some hugely damaging items if they're used incorrectly, so I'd suggest an age limit.

3) Advertising and activity
A few of you may have been around for the Economy server we had. It was fun, everyone who was on it enjoyed it as far as I was aware, and it was shut down today. Why? 2 reasons, lack of activity and lack of donations. I've talked about the latter, and the former can be attributed to 2 things: A lack of advertising and a lack of community interaction. I'm not saying, spam the forums, just talk about it a bit. Community is also really important for a server, so we'd need to promote that.

zerokiriyu

Me and prime can help admin and most likely donate, I'll advertise as well.

~Zero
Zero-

PrimeZz

I'm signing up right now for the $10 donation a month for this server, I have talked with Clay. I am off to work right now but will be around after 2pm Central time. Then I will talk with him more and get everything started.

danny4rest

I have gotten attached to FTB and this community, I would be willing to drop $5 in it (All I have at the moment) and to play, this is a cool idea.

Farquad94

im down for 10 cents a month.

=You friendly neighborhood Farquad
Fancy signature

PrimeZz

Alright so here is the new's

I have made my donation for us to get this server up and running(will be a monthly donation). But do not stop if you would still like to donate to it. The more donations the longer it will be up.

I would like to put out what I would expect from this server and the people who are going to play on it.

First I would like to say that I would like to be the one to "run" the server. Not as the only admin or mod, but the main person behind it. I know others have started the topic and the conversation about this. But I have been talking with Clay for some time about making a "Claytonia FTB".

I would like this to be whitelisted and an age limit put on it. For many reason's, but mainly because like NomFRENCHTOAST said, there are some really dangerous. Minus the player's from Claytonia of course.

I would like to pick 3 maybe 4 admin/mods for the server, some people that are well knowledged in the FTB. So if you would like to just send me a PM on here.

I for sure would like to see a few of us (including myself) advertise for this daily. I want this to grow and not die out fast. I think with the right wording and the right amount of people "bumping" the thread's, we should have great success with this.

As for the main builds i.e spawn and nether hub. I think we should do a really simple but yet good looking spawn. Nothing that doesn't go together. No random shops that are built from different mats. Everything should match and flow well with each other. Would be nice to get some of our good builders on to help with that.
On to the nether hub. I don't personally feel we should have one. I think if we can just incorporate some random TP signs into it we should. And everyone to be able to set home. I feel like the nether hub gives to many chances to untrustworthy people the opportunity to grief people.

Again I want everyone's input on this. I don't wanna be the only one making the decisions. I want this to be a player ran server with help from everyone.

Please give me some good feed back.

Happy mining

PrimeZz

joe21221

I can agree with everything that Prime said. I Like the idea of setting home and back during the tekkit days, i loved being able to TP to each other with just the tp accept stuff. Ill throw some money in by next week to help keep it goin.

JudgeCrane

Love primes ideas and would be happy to help admin or at least to help in general. Also thought I should ask if we could advertise of the FTB fourm page aswell, there seems to be alot more mature people on there than mcf and I tend to see people reply on there rather quickly, plus it is more ad space. I do have an account so I can do that for you but I have no power whitelisting.

NomFRENCHTOAST

I'm fine with what Prime says, I would happily mod/admin. If this gets going, I think It'd be cool to have like an industrial spawn (Communal Machines and some farms) and a shop type area near it.

PrimeZz

Hey everyone! thanks for all the feed back. I will get with you all in TS soon, or in PM for those who do not use TS. I was thinking we still need to get the mod pack that we would want. If Nom could put up a poll of different popular mods? Or everyone can suggest witch one?????

JudgeCrane

I could recommend some modpacks on the launcher and give some background to some of them. But the poll is a great idea too.

sharingjan

I also agree that we don't need a nether hub for a ftb server, a great way would be to add
EnhancedPortals 2 or 3 to the modpack (depends on version) with the dial device you can go to every portal if you know
the unique code, so you can only give people you trust your code.
There are no stupid questions except for stupid questions

JudgeCrane

I know of MFFS also can control who can visit a area and with what items. Sort of like a whitelist to your base.

PrimeZz

We are doing the FTB Unleashed...... I need some spawn builders.... I wont give out the IP till the spawn is built. Let me know who wants to help

JudgeCrane

Id be down :) Ill be on some random TS channel so just add me whenever.

NomFRENCHTOAST

Quote from: PrimeZz on May 25, 2014, 01:06:02 AM
We are doing the FTB Unleashed...... I need some spawn builders.... I wont give out the IP till the spawn is built. Let me know who wants to help

I don't really agree with Unleashed. It's several versions behind and filled with bugs. Why could we not use a much more frequently updated pack like direwolf20 or monster? I only ask because I don't want to be stuck 3 versions behind in a month on an inactive pack.

Woodsy1995

I really want to do this but my computer is shite, as soon as i get one that can actually run FTB i will be on all the time
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

PrimeZz

Alright, I wanted to say sorry that we just jumped into the most popular FTB. We are going to be switching to the Direwolf pack tonight. Then we will be doing the spawn area. I already have Judge helping with the build. I would like 1 maybe 2 more to help him out. I will do what I can also. I would like someone to start working on the main page for the advertisement page that we will need.

JudgeCrane

Happy we are getting the Direpack, it has PneumaticCraft which is a mod I been looking to try out. Also seen dire's video of him using bloodmagic and botanica so might get some magic updates in the future!

zerokiriyu

I can hop on and help if you'd like prime.

~Zero
Zero-

JudgeCrane

While waiting for the conversion to the direpack does anyone have any ideas for spawns style and look. We already have ideas for community machines and farms in the works for spawn, a specific building style to keep in mind would help us greatly. Please share any ideas. :)

joe21221

Just stopping by to say, Im very very very excited for this. I have off all week and really hope that its up sometime very soon!!! If i need to help build spawn i will. Just lemme know.

JudgeCrane

When the server is up and we all start out fresh I could use some help to understand some of the mods I don't have any experience in. If someone wants to look for someone to base or group up with im your man.  8)

PrimeZz

Judge I'll team up with you. Then I can learn some of ur building ways and we can help each other with the mods we don't know. I'm hoping clay will change the server soon so we can get this going :-D

EDIT: I talked to Clay, he is getting everything updated and ready, adding a few extra plugins. Then the spawn will start being built. I'm wanting "Plenty-o-Biomes" so if he can get that, then I was thinking of putting the spawn either in the ocean or on one of the huge hills that PoB has in it.

JudgeCrane

Yeah was gonna ask about biomes o plenty was thinking some people wanted some of thouse biomes in the world.

PrimeZz

Alright everyone. Im sorry to say that Unleashed is the pack we are using. All other packs throw a lot of error codes. Clay did some research on the most popular and bug free and it is Unleashed. I think we can get a pretty good base off of this. I think many people will come, seeing how its a new server. So Judge if you would like to get started on a spawn. And let me know who else you would like to help. Just let me know here. And again I am sorry we can not get the pack everyone wanted. Atleast we have a FTB server finally. I hope the best to all and the server and I need someone to come up with a good advertisement.

Zito

Just so everyone knows, (Mainly the admins of this new server) The Dimensional doors and all that caused a lot of problems for us on Tekkit, so I would recommend disabling them if Unleashed has them. I would also recommend disabling the add on to ComputerCraft that allows you to put up additional things on your HUD. That caused numerous problems on Tekkit as well.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

I believe ComputerCraft also has a high memory usage too
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

danny4rest

Dimension doors does not seem to be on unleashed.

JudgeCrane

Quarrys, twilight forest, other dimensions and pipes also can cause some lag if over used.

Landicon

Im up for contributing on the spawn and other buildings if you want. Im free tonight and tomorrow.

sharingjan

And don't forget overly used chunks, if you connect machines over several chunks a lot of chunks get loaded at the same time.
and in those mods there are always ways to make an chunk loader, what probably will be number 1 problem if a lot of people use them.
so my advice: try to build an setup in 1 chunk, so no overlap to other chunks and second NEVER use chunk loaders on a server.(disable recipes if possible)

JudgeCrane

We should discuss some items that should be disabled or used in moderation. There is a f button that can show chunks so people can build in a single chunk. Chunk loaders I would love to use, but you sometimes cant trust people to not shut them down when they go offline. Also there are machines that can load chunks by themselves I believe the quarry can but I am unsure if unleashed is in that version of buildcraft.
Also wondering if people would like hats enabled, in unleashed it is disabled by default so if people would like hats let us know. Vote for derpy hats as well as hatstands!

sharingjan

Landicon

Couldn't we allow World Anchors? If I'm correct don't they just load chucks while the player is online.

PrimeZz

Im going to have to go through and make a list of items that we will mostlikely disable due to lag. I dont want to have to do that to tomany things tho.

Also I have started on the spawn, but slowing running out of ideas lol. Ill be on most of the morning/afternoon. I have to work tonight then I will be on again.

Landicon

Ill be around if you need me. I might have some ideas

PrimeZz

This is what I have been doing. Im not sure how you all feel about it. I can always start over. But I have more ideas for the spawn.