Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

JudgeCrane's PC Problems

Started by JudgeCrane, May 18, 2014, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeCrane

Been having some problems with my desktop past couple days. After an hour on it either gaming or on the internet the video, sound and keyboard and mouse all go down and doesn't seem to comeback forcing me to restart the computer. The computer is still on but my monitor is disconnected from my PC. Not sure what is the cause but any suggestions of what is the issue or fixes are appreciated. I believe it may be the drivers sense the computer is still on I just cannot access it when the devices are down. I have ran a windows update and gotten some failed updates working but still have gotten the same problems.
I'm also going to look into the wiring see if something is loose or if it can be a problem with the power. In any case if you have any solutions or ideas would be great to leave me a reply. :)
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

Zito

Could you have a Virus? Not sure if  virus could manage all that, but it might, right?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

Yeah I have had driver problems and they disconnect and reconnect my mouse sometimes and by plugging a usb causes the pc to shutdown it could be a virus. I have ran my usual scan and it looks like its fine. Also noticed my hard drives were hot to the touch not sure if that is highly unusual for my pc, it has poor circulation. I think it may be a power problem like when my usb reconnects it is sending a shock that short circuits my external drives somehow?
Also I have a very annoying hum or beep when I plug my mouse into the front and back of my computer so I have to use a usb hub(like a cord for more usbs), its most likely caused by a damaged usb port or cord. Sad I know I want to upgrade to a new PC and give the old one to my dad.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

smith1701

Have you beat the crap out of the machine. It solves problems.
1 your not angry
2 your computer needs to be replaced.
PROBLEM SOLVED.  I am THE problem solver
( I understand you probbly can't afford another computer I am joking)

JudgeCrane

Well installed a new fan cleaned up some dust bunnies and so far today no unexpected faliure of devices. It happened every hour on the hour yesterday could have been just dust or a virus?

Zito

Well, only time will tell at this point.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins