Main Menu

Alfar

Started by Allpone, April 25, 2014, 12:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the alfar be taken away from the world?

Take them out!
8 (36.4%)
Revamp there skills and abilitys for balance.
2 (9.1%)
Leave them as they are.
11 (50%)
Who cares!
1 (4.5%)
Im a troll! No really I am.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: April 28, 2014, 01:31:19 AM

Allpone

This race has been the top discussion and division of the server. If you have opinions please share them but also give a fix to the issue so that we may have ideas on how to fix it.

Yellow Goat

When the Alfar are out hunting for blood and have been defeated in combat, I feel it's a little unfair to everyone when they teleport right back to where they were and start attacking again with their overpowered bows. Because then what's even the point of fighting them if they don't back off or lose their weapons? As others have mentioned too I think it would be a good idea to list what their rules are so it's clear to everyone what they can do before fingers are pointed and accusations of cheating are hurled.

Edit: Sorry, I should clarify I meant teleport as in with enderpearls that they can throw rapidly to travel quickly.

Tslat

Well they certainly can't teleport back to their death spot and start again.. they have to travel just like any other player would
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Kathryn

I suppose my opinion's a little biased, but I personally believe that the race is fine as it is. While there are definitely benefits to this race there are a lot of cons to it, which makes things really even out in the long run as far as I'm concerned.

Zito

My vote is this:

Option A: Take them out. Completely. No story or anything needs to be there, just get rid of them.

Option B: No admins ever play as Alfar, and admins just play as deities and admins. Players may apply for Alfar, and get the same exact commands as any other race, with a fully detailed ( and public) rules thread for the Alfar.

Personally, I think Option B is the best bet, as it is the most fair for everyone. I would much prefer Option A, however. If either of these options happen, I will definitely start playing the RP server again.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

Vote closes soon get your vote in now or forever hold your peace.
Once this vote is passed this topic should not be brought up again.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Zito

Quote from: Tokilin on April 25, 2014, 01:32:43 PM
   I find them over-powered, and yes, I'm aware they're a "story race". With some recent updates to the server, they've become harder to see with their swirls being reduced by some ratio to time invisible thing. I don't play to often when they're a problem, and even then I'm far enough out of the way to escape their bloodlust.

I find them over powered because they have invisibility as well as teleportation. They also have the ability to place redstone in other race's areas. Something I thought was unique to Golems. I still don't know everything about them, ability-wise (I haven't exactly played as an Alfar and it's not like you guys will answer if I ask you "what are the limitations on your powers"). I hear tales of ways to rid the world of the Alfar, but even then I don't know how well that idea would work. It hasn't been done yet, and with everyone seeming to dislike them, it's a wonder more effort into eradicating them hasn't taken place. I'm still not sure if there isn't a possibility of them coming back due to divine intervention or something... Lutum seems to like her children.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Toki, a long time player on the RP server, posted his opinion on the ridiculous and overpowered race. You know, the one that ruins the game for everyone :D

Quote from: Allpone on April 25, 2014, 10:59:23 AM
I do not beleave the alfar are a good race for the RP server i think they are over powered .... this is how i think i would balance them out ....what do you guys think.....

Hey look, the Owner of the RP server, who created the Alfar, doesn't even want them. Imagine that.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

As far as I'm aware toki doesn't really play the RP server either.., he logs in on somewhat rare occasions
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Zito

He logs in quite often actually. He doesn't play when others are on because he doesn't want to get killed by (Insert Name Here)'s random rolls for TNT, or by the Alfar.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

replies to other people's post are great and all but they are getting rude and we all want this to be a friendly place.
please tell us why you want the alfar to be reformed or stay the same.

would anyone else like to say how the feel about the alfar?

Thank you everyone for your opinions!
I love the fact that everyone is so passionate about this!
Bottom line is the vote...VOTE NOW

http://claytonia.net/forums/index.php?topic=2532.0

Zito

Everyone vote! Make your voice heard!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Obi42

Quote from: Zito on April 26, 2014, 01:21:29 AM
Quote from: Allpone on April 25, 2014, 10:59:23 AM
I do not beleave the alfar are a good race for the RP server i think they are over powered .... this is how i think i would balance them out ....what do you guys think.....

Hey look, the Owner of the RP server, who created the Alfar, doesn't even want them. Imagine that.

Don't cherry pick a quote man. The part before that is him saying that what you quoted is how another post could have been better worded. What you quoted was not his opinion at all.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

Clay

The results are in!
The vote, and the discussion about the Alfar, is now over.
The Alfar are to stay how they have always been!
Thank you everyone who has voted!