Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Seawell and the Great Light House

Started by Tokilin, March 23, 2014, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zito

Name: Zen Komanu               Bonuses:           Str: -2     Con: +2
Health Points: 14/14                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4
Strain Points: 17/18                                                                 Wis: +3    Cha: +0
Armour Class: 12                                              Luk: 16

"Looks like it worked. Let's Get in to the forest and get some distance between us and them, then we'll figure out where to go from here. After a nice nap of course." Zen then begins to wander off in to the forest.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Thankfully the path to the forest was out of the pirate guards line of sight. While Zen made it easily into the forest, Leila seemed to have difficulties walking on sand. After about 7 or 8 tastes of sand from falling, Leila made it into the forest. The two of them were away from the camp, although thy really didn't have a clue as to where they were. A good distance away from the Pirates Den, Zito curls up under a log and proceeds to pass out.

Itzal rejoins Leila and indicates the direction towards town. It seems as though they were quite the good distance off from it.
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Millarz

"Ahem. You didn't see that," Leila muttered as she dusted the sand off her clothes. She looked up and saw she was talking to a snoozing mage. Fine by her. She peered around at her surroundings. Forrest were always more her sister's thing, but she could make this work. With the help of her trusted companion Itzal, she glanced around for food or even a makeshift weapon.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Tokilin

Leila doesn't find much in the woods to make an improvised weapon out of. At best, she's found a stick that is of decent length and sturdiness to bludgeon some poor creature with.

As the sun set, the two characters slept away their worries. Zito taking the extended nap option gained a total of 6 strain point back. Leila managed to gather 4 more points in her sleep. By the time the two awoke, it was morning and a thick fog covered the forest. Thankfully, Itzal could manage through the fog and was still able to indicate directions.

Millarz

Leila opted to keep the stick. It was better than nothing after all. She followed Itzal to the village, always keeping a look out for danger.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Walking through the forest towards the town, the two eventually reach an impasse. A large swap seems to be in between them and their goal. Between the boggy smells and various insects flying in the air, the sight of a few lizard men wandering through the swamp almost escaped them. Ducking down just out of sight, the two spied the large reptilians as they trudged around. If one had to describe it, they were on patrol. They hadn't noticed the two heroes yet, and whether or not they did was up to the heroes themselves.

Millarz

"Hm... Hey Itzal, do you think you could distract the guards enough to let us pass em?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Itzal flew around the lizard men, while they looked at the bird for a few seconds, they didn't really show interest. It seemed as though birds were common sight in a swamp. Short from attacking the folk, it didn't seem as though there was much our feathered friend could do to distract the patrol.

Millarz

Sigh... Leila was too tired to do this, but she was sure going to try anyways... She attempted to cast disguise self on herself to make her appear as a lizard men. If it worked, perhaps she could trick the guards into attacking the pirates who captured them- and get some tasty information on why all the ships kept disappearing.

Disguise Self
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Perfect casting! (4 strain points consumed)

Zen almost let out a shriek as he turned to the side and saw Leila, or what used to be Leila. A large Lizard now stood where she did. She was now ready to approach the lizard folk and get information out of them.

Millarz

Leila, exhausted, dragged herself over to the passing guards. "Thank goodness I found you guys!" she exclaimed, milking her fatigue. "The crew from one of the shipment arrivals is mutinying! They say your village doesn't need anymore loot and plan to take it for themselves. I even heard a rumor some of them are being bought out by some private owners in Seawell. I ran here as fast as I could," she panted. Hopefully the lizard men reveal something in their concern.

Lie her tail off.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Tokilin

While Leila had the perfect disguise, she really couldn't pull off the lying Lizardman face. "Calm downsssss. You're forgetting to speak properly. I canssss barely undersssstandsss you" one of the Lizardfolk said. "Ssshe'ssssss probably from the country ssssside, I don't have a clue what ssshe meanssss by sssshipment arrivalsssss though" the secnd Lizardman said. "Clearly you're lossssst. Head to the centre of the swamp and talk to one of the higher upsssss. The humansssss are flanking usssss. They sssstarted thisssss war and usssss Lizardfolk won't be losing". Afterwards, the lizard pointed in a direction of the swamp for Leila to head. The other lizard was handing her a large beetle. "Eat thisssss. Clearly you're sssssstarved and losssst. I won't letssss a pretty lizard girl such assss yourself go without eating to ssssave her strength.

Leila you have 4 strain points left in the event you lost count somewhere along the line.

Zito

Health Points: 14/14                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4
Strain Points: 17/18                                                                 Wis: +3    Cha: +0

Meanwhile Zen seems to be left alone with no way past the Lizardmen.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Despite her epic failure in the lying department, she did manage to gather some information about the situation. The Lizardmen think the humans antagonized them first? Was this true? In that case, could this whole situation be solved diplomatically? These lizardmen didn't seem like such bad folk after all. He did present her with a gift after all. She was hungry enough to not protest to the nature of the gift. Before she thought about it too much, a bite of beetle was already in her mouth! She tried not to gag as the squishy innards of the bug filled her mouth. Hey, it wasn't as bad as she expected at least. "Thankssss for the meal. I'm ssssssorry I lossssst my head theressss for a ssssecond. You're sssso kind, ssssirssss," she hissed. She would take this moment to her grave... so long as Zen didn't see. Hopefully he didn't see. "I'm afraidsss I'm sssstill a little flusssstered. I've been wandering the sssswamp too long. Why are the humansssss flanking ussss?" Having heard their mannerisms of speaking, she hoped this time she would come across understandable. Maybe she could yet get information out of these two... lovely lizardmen.

Ssssso charming

Tokilin

While Leila made a pretty Lizard, she wasn't exactly a charming Lizard. Despite the attempt to smile and flatter her way into the minds of the Lizards, it didn't seem as though they were about to freely give up any information... or they possibly couldn't understand her obviously forced Lizard accent. "Flanking meansss they're on either ssside of usss. The onesss to the north have calmed down..." He pointed back the way that the two heroes had come "...and the onesss to the sssouth have ssstarted their asssault" afterwards he point in the direction that Itzal said Seawell was in. "You ssseem really cluelesss, what Lounge are you from?" After asking his question, the Lizard began to bob his head up and down, seemingly eyeing Leila. "Sssurely any Lizardfolk is knowledgeable about our sssituation... we've even sssent word out to further coloniesss..."

Sso sssatisssfying to ssspeak Lizard ssslang.

furryoldlobster

Jayne lifts his head from the cobblestone pavement.  He does his best to recover any thoughts before he found himself in this inopportune position.  The events remain foggy, but at the gates he recalls speaking with Ashen, then headed deeper into town from there.

Then.....nothing...

DID THE MUTE CAST SOME MEMORY ALTERING SPELL??

WAS IT A HALF-ORC STRIPPER??

IS MUTEY A HALF-ORC STRIPPER TEMPTRESS??

Jayne's already clouded half-orc mind is exceptionally hazy given waking up after potentially hours...or even days.  The fighter rights himself, dusts the gravel off his clothes, and gazes at his surroundings...

Where...and when am I?
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

After Jayne had finished speaking to Ashen, it seems as though his memory blanked out. It appeared as though Half-Orcs suffer greatly from SBD, and the side effects hit their memory much worse. When he'd come to, Jayne was sitting at a table in the inn where they'd seen the edgy man who'd been beheaded in the alley. Sitting accross from him was Ray. It appeared as though Ray was patiently waiting for the Half-Orc to regain consciousness... and had been sitting there for the whole 72 hours straight. What a patient guy!

Ray stood up with a smile. He was glad to see Jayne back in the realm of the awake. He gave Jayne a large plate of bacon and began to orchestrate the events of the town with his actions. To the normal eye, Ray's actions wouldn't make any sense... but Jayne and Ray seemed to have made a connection in the 72 hours of silence and the Orc understood all of the actions of the cleric.

After Jayne had left Ashen, the troops had grouped. After about 2 days of waiting for an assault by the Lizards that never came, the people of the town became impatient. A town meeting was held and a vote was passed to make an assault on the Lizards. The town mustered their supplies together and prepared their soldiers to trudge off to the swamp to eradicate the Lizards, or at the very least push them to the point they'll have to forget attacking people to focus on survival. Ray stressed how serious the matter was because if this attacked failed, the town gaurd would be wiped out and there'd be no supplies left for the townspeople. Jayne had luckly woken up only a couple hours after the troops had left. With quick feet, the two heroes had the option of catching up to the battalian and helping should they choose.

I was wondering when I'd see that ottery face here! It's good to see you back! I'm not positive on whether or not you actually tampered with your roll, but considering that you really didn't give a hard action and goal with your roll... I'll use it as a way to time warp you forward to about the same time Leila and Zen are currently in (I think it was about 2-3 days  given the boat ride, capture time, and camping in the woods?). I hope it all makes sense... I'm a little blurry on the setting as well.

Dropping these fancy headers here as it'll take a while to get back into the usage of them.

[b]Name:[/b] Ray Milx               [b]Bonuses:[/b]           [b]Str:[/b] +0     [b]Con:[/b] -1
[b]Health Points:[/b] 12/12                                           [b]Dex:[/b] +1     [b]Int:[/b] +3
[b]Strain Points:[/b] 16/16                                                                 [b]Wis:[/b] +1    [b]Cha:[/b] -1
[b]Armour Class:[/b] 13                                           [b]Luk:[/b] 10
[hr]

[b]Name:[/b] Jayne of Cobb               [b]Bonuses:[/b]      [b]Str:[/b] +3     [b]Con:[/b] +1
[b]Health Points:[/b] 20/20                                                [b]Dex:[/b] +3     [b]Int:[/b] +0
[b]Strain Points:[/b] 11                                                   [b]Wis:[/b] +0    [b]Cha:[/b] +0
[b]Armour Class:[/b] 15                                                 [b]Luk:[/b] 11
[hr]

Millarz

Crap. Apparently human charm didn't equate to lizard charm. Who knew. Maybe she could talk herself out of this yet. She wasn't keen on killing these two without any gear. "Appologiessss. My parentsss were sssea faring folk who didn't wissssh to join a colony. I never learned to talk properly out in the sssssea. We sssimply were given instructionsss to obtain food for the brave ssssoldiers sssuch asss yourssselves but our crew mutinied. I'll continue my way to find help, ssssirsssss. Thanksss." Hopefully that was enough to placate their suspicions. She turned to walk towards the village, hoping the lizardfolk didn't stop her for antagonistic reasons.

Sssstill lying
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

Tokilin

The lie worked, but it was probably because they believed it they watched her closely. "That could be why we you have weird accent... but to not be apart of a lounge... there are none of usss like that from around here. Watch out for the humansss. The ruthless bastards ssstarted thisss war. They'll ssskin you alive and ssslice off your head. If you see one, yell for help. I'll sssurely come your aid." The Lizard proceeded to bob his head while looking at Leila.

The Lizards looked at each other and continued their patrol, but it seemed as though their course was altered. It seemed as though they were walking towards the area Leila had showed up from. Something seemed off.

Millarz

Waiting until they were gone, Leila walked back to where Zen was. She hoped her illusion would last a while longer. She might need it on their journey to... wherever. "Off to the village now, or do you have any ideas?" she asked Zen.

Zito

"Hide from them" Zen says and points at the Lizardmen walking towards them. Zen attempts tocast a spell of Darkness around the Lizardmen, hoping to confuse them long enough to get away.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Success!

Although the shadow didn't have a 20ft radius, it was enough to stop the lizards in their tracks. With darkness enveloping their vision they swiftly went back to back drawing their weapons to be ready for whatever was to come. The two only had a few seconds to act. It was fight or flight.

With 'Darkness' being a level 2 evocation spell, Zen loses 9 strain points leaving him with a total of 0 and losing 3 health points.

Millarz

Weapons! Leila wondered if she could use the cover of darkness to swipe the lizardmen's weapons and flee. She felt hopelessly unprotected without something sharp in her hand. She turned her thoughts into actions and lunged at the weapons, hoping to roll out of her lunge and run once she had some weapons in her grasp.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Unfortunately Leila in her lizard girl shape was unable to use her usual dexterity to steal the weapon. Tripping over her feet, she face plants in front of the lizards.

Millarz

Hey at least these lizardmen didn't see her doing anything antagonistic. She could try lying again. I mean, it went so well last time...

Getting up, Leila hissed, "We're under attack. Run you foolssssss." She attempted to run in the direction of the forest. She hoped they'd lose her in the smoke and she could circle back to Zen. If they stuck around, she'd wait in the forest to make sure that lump of human in the forest wasn't doomed.

Run!

Tokilin

Leila found her feet firmly glued the spot from either fear or about a foot of mud. Either way, she wasn't going anywhere just yet.

Millarz

Curse this stupid lizard body. Weren't they supposed to be good for walking through swamps? Leila tried to wriggle free and continue with her plan of fake running away.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Jayne gourged himself with all the bacon.  The inn had a bacon bacon deficiency of its own by the time Jayne was finally finished.  A monstrous belch roars from deep in his gullet, travels to his mouth, and disturbs even the neighbors next door.  The half-orc's satisfied grin shows every patron his utmost pleasure with himself. 

Speaking of plessure, Jayne was so very happy to hear about the attack on the lizard people.  Enough investigating.  Enough sneaking around.  Most of all...enough boats on stupid water. 

Jayne wants to fight. 

haha...I think posting on my phone might cause rolling issues...but we'll see.  It is good to be back into D&D
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zen decided to stay where he was until he figured out what LizardGirl was up to running back AT the enemy.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

"Under attack?!" one of the lizards screamed out "Where are the ssscale-lesss bassstardsss! I'll rend their flesssh from their bonesss!" "Ssstay here, damsssel, we'll protect you!" the second one said in succession, both moving to stay close to Leila who was busy trying to escape. Leila had managed to wrench her feet from the mud and took off in a mad dash making it into the forest just out of the two Lizard's sight. Then it seemed as though her luck run out*. Looking down at her hands, she could see the pale flesh that she was all to familiar with. Coupled with the fact the two Lizard's were following her, Leila was certainly in a bad position. The only good thing was that the Lizards were moving away from the still well hidden Zen.

Jayne and Ray successfully caught up to the merry band of lizard slayers. The remaining militia from the hard times at Seawell seemed to have congregated at a small encampment just outside of what seemed to be a swamp. Militia and makeshift barriers lined the no-mans land lying between the encampment and the swamp. Looking into the trees of the swamp you couldn't see far past the trees. Upon closer inspection one could see the gleaming eyes of murderous intent through the darkness the trees created.
   As Jayne approached the camp, a watchman seemed to call out to someone in the base. Ashen emerged from between the few tents they had set up. "Boy am I ever glad to see you! Having someone with your qualities will not only strengthen the men's resolve, but help us on the battlefield. The Lizards seem hesitant to make the first move, which only puts us at a disadvantage. For us to strike first would put us onto enemy territory. Many of people have gotten their feet stuck in the mud approaching lizard people only to be struck down in the moment. I'm afraid without a way to win this first battle, the lizard folk will only win the wait. I'm open to any suggestions you might think of."

*Sorry Millars. Made a special roll towards luck and you drew the short stick... twice. Also, try not to make re-rolls for similar stuff in succession. It kills the point in rolling to see the result if you're just going to re-roll till it becomes advantageous.

No worries Furry, I trust you on your rolls. Not to mention the post in question with the tampered roll doesn't even have a "last edited" stamp.

Millarz

Curse whatever sick being gave her this rotten luck. Why were those fools running towards her anyways? She said there was an attack from the other side! She'd make them pay for that mistake... hopefully. Using the last bit of her strength, Leila attempted to cast ventriloquism to throw her voice in a way that would lead the lizards perpendicularly away from both her and Zen. Hopefully she could circle back to Zen after the other lizards had left. "Over there! I see the lizard scum with their backs to us! Archers, fire at will," she "commanded".

Ventriloquism
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

Tokilin

The level one Illusion spell succeeds leaving Leila with a total of 0 strain points.

"Archers?! Get into the trees! You'll be harder to hit!" exclaimed one of the Lizards, jumping into the closest tree lines (which happened to be the ones Leila fled into because they we're following to protect her) to avoid the "incoming" onslaught of arrows. With their backs to some trees border lining the swampy area, their focus was on the direction the orders came from. It seems that in their haste of avoiding arrows, they lost interest in protecting the damsel who'd fled into the woods. On the darker side of things Leila was only a few more trees into the woods near the lizard folks, just barely out of their sight.

Ventriloquism isn't a singe use spell, it lasts a minute per level. Just thought I'd give you that reminder.

furryoldlobster

A look of orcish pride sails over Jaynes face.  This is where he belongs; not solving a mystery, but rather, on the battlefield solving a different sort of mystery: how many lizards can he slay in a single battle. However, this predicament of muddy feet would indeed be a problem....

Then, a thought dawns on the green-hued fighter:

If we can't get to the lizards, maybe we can force them into moving first

Jayne inspects his militia, hoping to find a few archers amongst the troops.
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

"I've lost sight of the lizards. They climbed up into the trees. We'll wait them out," Leila "commands" again. Hoping the lizards were too preoccupied with climbing, Leila rolled around in the mud for camouflage and tried creeping around the lizards just out of view to get back to Zen.

Command
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Camo
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Tokilin

The command succeeded, it didn't take much to speak with an already cast spell. With the added commend, the lizards looked at each other and nodded. Slowly and quietly they moved through the tree stealthily headed towards the origin of the voice. It seemed as though the two Lizards intended to flank the voice by circling back. Perhaps it was because of their concentration that Leila was able to sneak back to Zen completely covered in mud from head to toe, it somehow got into her clothes as well. They had a few moments of reprieve before the Lizards reached the voice and found out they had been had.

Jayne spots a few archers, their quality was a little questionable though. It might take a better plan then just shooting at them to get the lizards to move with all the trees in the way.

furryoldlobster

Years ago, during the goblin wars, Jayne was first to volunteer himself for battle.  The little beasts had a terrible habit of hiding themselves in caves to bottleneck any attackers.   Jayne's captain had the brilliant idea to drive them out with fire.  Like ants forced out of their hill because of fresh rain, the gnarly creatures fled their den right into fray.

Perhaps the archers could ignite their arrows, fire into the swamped canopy, and press the lizards out first. 

"do you have any sort of liquid that would easy catch fire?  I might have an idea"
, he asks the ranged units.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ashen heard Jayne's suggestion. "That's a brilliant idea! I don't know why we didn't think of it before. Ever since we arrived here about 2 days ago, it's like time itself had frozen". Ashen motioned and a barrel of oil for the lamps that they used at night appeared in front of them."The only thing that worries me with this plan is the fact that it's a forest fire, it could potentially affect the area..."

furryoldlobster

Jayne thought long and hard of his response...
"Forest Schmorest", exclaims the fighter.  "Let's cook us some lizards"

~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ashen looked a little worried. Shaking his head a few times to clear the doubt in his mind he raised his hand. The few archers in the camp wrapped cloths around the tips of their arrows and dipped them into the oil barrel. Drawing their bows back one man lit a torch from a nearby camp fire and lit the weapons ablaze. Ashen pointed his hand at the swamp edge in front of him, dropping his hand a few seconds later he issued the order. "FIRE"

*A couple of archers missed completely and actually stuck their arrows in the makeshift wooden barricade in front of them. The other four were successful in lodging their arrows in the trees, two flying high into the crowns of the trees out of lizard man reach and the other 2 lodged themselves into the trees. **one of the Lizards was able to snatch an arrow from the tree, but when they tried to snag the second arrow a few more arrows followed suit killing them before they could remove it.

Waiting a bit, smoke began to rise out of the trees that'd had a few arrows shot into the crowns and the arrow lodged in the tree had begun to char the bark around itself. Surely that was about to ignite soon. The eyes between the trees seemed to lessen as time pressed on, eventually it was Ashen who spoke up. "We can't be sure they're all gone, but if we wait to long we might find ourselves at an impassable wall of flames. Any thoughts? I've got a few ideas myself, but they could be considered a little risky". It was obvious who he was talking to.

*6 D20 rolls later on my end. (14, 1, 18, 15, 1, 17)
   **Two more rolls. (1, 16)

I must be using some unlucky dice... look at all those ones...