Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Seawell and the Great Light House

Started by Tokilin, March 23, 2014, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokilin

Ray shook his head. Just like Jayne, Ray was new to the parts. Although, Ray did think that if Jayne was seeking information, a guild master might know something... but how could a mute possibly charade something like that? Like this. Ray spun in circle, his fingers pointing towards the sky. afterwards, he did 13 and a half push ups followed by two jumping jacks. One cart wheel later, Ray did a summer sault and kneeled towards the town.

The sailor looked at Leila's hand. She now had seventeen, was she to hit or stay?
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Millarz

Leila catches the sailor's eye. "Are you looking at my cards? That is cheating!" she exclaims. She looks at her sorry hand. Seventeen is the worst hand to get. It's the first number before the odds turn against the holder and therefore the lowest as well. "At any rate, I am staying," she adds. "Continue."

PS I'll be gone for a few days, Toki.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Tokilin

The sailor looked taken aback. They were playing blackjack. The dealer needed to know the persons hand to see whether or not they busted, but either way, Leila had decided to stay. The dealer flipped his second card.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Tokilin

The sailor looked at his hand, a 15. He decided to hit again.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

Tokilin

The sailor sighed, he had lost. Twice. To some random girl who had almost forced herself onto his ship.

Millarz

Leila looks at the sailor's confused face. "I suppose we play different variations of the game then," she thinks out loud. "I usually expose the cards after everyone has taken their turn so other players' cards do not affect another's decisions. At any rate, good game. Might I have my fishing pole now?"

furryoldlobster

Jayne responds with a charade, of sorts, to Ray.  He lifts the mute up on his half-orc shoulders, and starts in the direction of town. 

Carry Mute
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ray was picked up with some ease, not only was the half-orc larger, Ray could not offer words of refusal. In a few hours, the mule "Jayne" and Ray end up at the city gates. Nothing seemed to have changed except there were a few more men at the gate than before. They must be preparing the lizard folk attack the Heroes had mentioned before. Ashen was surprised when he walked out of the gate building and saw Jayne. "I thought you were on the ship that left this morning?" was the simple question he asked.

Back on the ship, the sailor had a somewhat depressed face. "Unfortunately Ma'am, we've no supplies of that sort on the ship currently. All we have is enough supplies to make it to the next town and the coin to purchase supplies to make it back. The township still has an inkling that this ship will go down on this journey, so they didn't want to lose any extra supplies possible." The sailor seemed sorry that he couldn't solve Leila's request.

furryoldlobster

"Oh that ship", Jayne does his best to ad-lib an answer that doesn't involve hydrophobia.  "They had....a limit....on".  The half-orc's face contorts as his brain cooks up an answer.  "Half-orcs.  Turns out they already had one on deck, and there was no need for two".  Jayne is satisfied with his response, even if no one believes him.  "Mutey and I investigated a shipwreck instead.  Good thing too, because it might give us some answers about that feeble-weak-coward-noodle armed man who, earlier, lost his head.  There was an entire storage deck full of corpses, all of whom, it seems, shared a similar fate. What sort of supplies and cargo would it have been carrying?  Whats so valuable that might cause the demise of every crew member?"

Jayne pauses a moment.  "And any activity or anything out of the norm at the gate?"
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Sensing the sailor's sincerity, Leila drops her pompous demeanor. The reminder that this ship is expected to disappear is a sobering prospect indeed. "Well, why don't we go to the deck and act as look outs so nothing takes us by surprise? Let's prove the township wrong!" she exclaims with steely determination. The sorceress walks back up the stairs, glancing back to see if the sailor is following her. The fresh wave of sea air rejuvenates the woman and a little smile slips onto her face. Itzal resumes his post on Leila's shoulders, facing backwards to cover Leila's blind spot as they both scan the horizon.

Spot Check on the horizon
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Jayne's question brought slight confusion to Ashen's face. "No, and it's quite puzzling. You'd think the lizard people who've been plotting this for a while would have showed up by now given the time span of our notice. Still... not a single one has shown up. You're positive your party over heard what they did?" Ashen wasn't doubting the orc, but with a notice like the one he'd received and the amount of troops he'd had to re-order, Ashen was hoping to see some sort of event. "Perhaps we ought to wait for the others to return from the ocean before we send out troops to scour the sea-side? We'll stand on guard here, so you're free to wander about."

Leila looked out over the sea from the deck. Not much was in sight, say a faint outline in the far distance... outline? shortly after the recognition, the man up in the nest started shouting, "Land ho!". The crew cheered in response, they had actually made it to the town. The captain smiled and looked at the two heroes Perhaps you do make the difference on the trips. Still, why haven't we heard anything from the others we've sent to this town... ah well, no need to dawdle on the past. Get ready to dock!" The last part of his statement was directed to the crew. Within an hour and a half, the crew was docked and the captain had taken off to order supplies. Leila and Zen were left on the ship to do as they please.

Millarz

What a relief! They are alive and docked on a whole different town to boot. Not knowing the contents of this town, she scans the town buildings to see the possible places she could visit and if the town is in the same financial state as the town they departed from. She also keeps an eye out for a ship coming at them in the water or if there is any suspicious activity afoot. Those other "sunken" ships might not have sunken at all. They could have just been taken over when they docked. Itzal, being her trusty little bird, gazes on her shoulder along side her.
Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Nothing seems astray in the market, in fact it seemed as though it was doing very well. Plenty of people were walking around, cargo was being unloaded, hearty laughs as deals were made.  The smell of food and fish was over whelming in the air. It really did seem like a prosperous port, perhaps Seawell was just as successful once upon a time. The only person they recognized was the captain shaking hands with a gentleman and handing over coin. Afterwards he pointed at a large amount of cargo and pointed towards the ship. His men immediately started work, loading the ship they'd arrived on.

Millarz

Leila, at a loss for what to do, scans the area for a place to buy a fishing pole.

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Psst what equipment/money do I have?

furryoldlobster

Jayne doesn't immediately leave.  "What if...", the half-orc clearly began this sentence without thinking it through, but alas attempts to finish it.  "...its not lizards?".  Jayne surprised himself with the quandary and delves further into thought.  Could the lizards be a decoy or distraction for the real danger?  All these troops incoming troops wouldn't be arriving without the threat of attack.  As far as he could tell, the only power strong enough to take out an entire crew would be the area's own military.  They would also be able to move covertly throughout the city.  The new question is...who would possibly be in charge of such an effort.

"One more question before I leave...", Jayne starts.  "Who's in charge of the incoming military brigade?"
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Leila looked, and looked. She had found one finally, who'd have though that it'd be so hard to find a stall to purchase a fishing rod at a harbor? Unfortunately, by the time she had found the stall, the ship was ready to leave. Much to her distaste, she'd have to forgo the fishing rod for now. Perhaps once they finished this quest, she'd be able to talk the town of Seawell into giving her a fishing rod as a reward. Boarding the ship reluctantly, it shoved off. It was dusk, and things were going smoothly but the heroes on the ship couldn't help but shake off the feeling that something was about to happen.

Ashen looked at Jayne with a confused look. "Incoming military brigade? The only military we've been relying on for the past couple of days are the members of the guild. I give orders directly to them. As to your lizards comment, they're the only things have been attack people outside the city. We haven't even had problems with bandits recently, although I think the lizard folk are the reason for that. Who would mess with thousands of lizard people? Normally they're not bad, so we leave them be. As I said, it's only been recent that we've been having problems with them attacking. We've no choice but to defend ourselves."

I apologize, I almost forgot I had responses here. I'll do my best to stay on my toes on this campaign while I'm stationary.

Millarz

Seriously. How hard is it to find a fishing pole in a SEA PORT? Leila's mood steadily turns from luke warm to sizzling the harder she looks for the pole to steaming mad when the captain's call forced her back on the boat when she finally did find one. Out on the sea, she focuses her attention to the soothing rocking of the boat to keep herself from freezing the captain in revenge. Her inner rage is short lived, though. Out on the sea, thoughts of lizard men find ways to sliver into her mind and cool her temper to a cautious, restrained fright. The mage becomes more ridged as time passes. Itzal, sensing the tenseness of his companion, ruffles his feathers and squawks to himself. Leila roots herself in place and pans the horizon for any signs of movement with Itzal gazing in her rear view. These lizard men aren't sneaking up on them!

Spot Check

Tokilin

Night had fallen, and Leila looked out over the waters. Off in the distance she could see the flickering light of the lighthouse, but that was about all she could see. Unluckily, it turned out that tonight the moon was but a simple sliver so her vision was rather dark. Even Itzal flew back to her unable to discern anything about their surroundings. Looking over her shoulder, she could see Zen sitting against the railing of the ship sleeping to the rocking waves of the ship.

She looked up at the captain, a smile on his face as his ship seemed to have made it through whatever was causing grief to the previous voyages. Confirming his bearings with the light of the lighthouse, he turned his wheel. A few minutes later the ship hurled, a loud grinding sound was heard as the people on the ship felt the boards of the hull being pulled back against a large rock. The ship then hurled a different direction, hitting a second rock just below the surface of the water. The captain screamed, his voice barely heard over the groaning of the ship. "Jump ship! Swim to the shore!" His orders came a second to late though, as the ship hit another rock it tilted the ship, throwing the 2 heroes into the water. Leila washed up on shore, her consciousness was fading after using all of her energy to get to the shore. "Oy! Another strange one's washed up!" "Just tie her up like the other one. I'm sure the captain'll want to take hers especially. As for the rest, take their heads. You know what to do, bodies on the ship. Just like the last ones." She could feel her hands being bound as she lost her last bit on consciousness.

Leila awoke first. Looking at her surroundings, she was in a hole about 10 feet deep with a diameter of about 8 feet. A lashed "fence" seemed to be blockading  the top. Through the gaps in the fence she could see Itzal flying high on the sky, her loyal bird hadn't left her. With her hands bound, she pushed herself to her feet on the dirt wall. Zen seemed to still be unconscious laying in a rather unpleasant looking form on the other side of the hole. It was obvious that she and the Zen had been captured.

And no, this didn't happen because of your one. A 20 probably would have changed the ending of that crash though.

Millarz

Trapped in a hole. Oh what luck. At least Itzal stayed with her. Leila looks around at what she has to work with, as she did not want to stay in said hole for any longer. I mean, who would? Seeing Zen lying there as dead weight gives Leila a plan involving a ray of frost and a frozen Zen ladder, but quickly dismisses the notion of a zencicle after five minutes of serious consideration. He could be useful later on. And it's probably in bad taste to freeze your own party member. Probably. At any rate, he could have something useful in his clothing, so Leila checks both his clothing (she doesn't undress him you dirty minded reader) and her own to see what their captors have neglected to remove. She also scratches the wall. If it's made of dirt or something of the like, perhaps she can convince part of the wall to collapse and open a way to walk up and out of this hole? As she attempts to figure out a way to escape, her mind also wanders to what possibilities she may encounter if- I mean when she does get out. The mage pushes these thoughts away though. One thing at a time: escape first.

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Zito

Name: Zen Komanu               Bonuses:           Str: -2     Con: +2
Health Points: 7/9                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4
Strain Points: 17/18                                                                 Wis: +3    Cha: +0
Armour Class: 12                                              Luk: 16

After being unconscious for so long, Zen awakes, to a very, very bright light. It turns out it was just the sun, but to him it was blinding. "Wha? Wassat? It's realleh bright, tur it offff." A bit delirious for lack of nutrition after being asleep for so long, Zen shakes the cobwebs out of his mind and starts to take in his surroundings. What he says is quite surprising, considering the last thing he remembers is being on the deck of a ship. He's in a hole. A deep one at that. Leila is still there at least, so maybe they can formulate a plan to get out of here. "Leila? How'd we end up here? And Where is 'here' anyways?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

It seems the would-be zencicle ladder is awake. Pity. She hadn't fully dismissed the ray of frost idea. "We're in a hole. I don't know where 'here' is. The ship was captured. I lost consciousness. I can't turn off the sun," she supplies rather curtly. "Now that you're up to date, why don't you help me figure out a way to get out of here?" she suggests, although her tone makes it appear more of a command than a suggestion. She continues to look around at what she has to work with and monitors Itzal to make sure nothing strange is going on outside.

Monitor Itzal
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

(Still spot checking from last time)

Tokilin

Leila looked at her surroundings, there was a lot of dirt. Aside from the thin layer of sand on the bottom of the pit, the hole seemed to be made entirely out of dirt. The dirt on the walls seemed o have hardened from prolonged exposure to the air. This hole has been here a while. Around the edges of the mouth she could see grass. Looking past that, Itzal fly high in the sky out of the reach of a bow in the event there was anyone outside of the hole feeling a little peck-ish. She couldn't see through Itzal's eye unfortunately, it probably would have given a much bigger insight.

Millarz

"Zen, give me a boost," Leila says, as she walks towards him and puts her foot up for him to grasp. She'll not wasting any time. "We need to see what we're dealing with here."

Zito

Health Points: 7/9                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4
Strain Points: 17/18                                                                 Wis: +3    Cha: +0

"Ok, but be careful, we don't know if they have guards up there or not." Zen replies, and proceeds to give Leila a boost.

Boost?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

It was the perfect boost, Leila's head stopped just short of hitting itself off of the fence blocking the top of the hole. The fence holes were to small for her to fit her head through, but she could make out a couple of things from her surroundings. The lid on the hole was held down by three large rocks placed on the edges of the fence. There were various people walking about, moving crates and the like. All of them seemed to be seafarers... and Leila knew the sort. They appeared to be pirates. What worried Leila more were the heads on stakes she could see surrounding the camp area.

Millarz

Leila wonders if she could move said rocks with a floating disk spell. Or perhaps she could burn through the fence with burning hands. Both might attract unwanted attention though. The sorceress thought for a moment more. A diversion might distract enough for Leila to use burning hands on the fence. Yes, that could work. She scopes out a person carrying crates and proceeds to cast the illusion that his clothes are on fire.

Silent Image Cast
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Success!

The man's clothes catch on fire and his voice erupts in quite the screech. In his panic, the crate he was carrying fell and the top came off spilling it's contents. It was obvious that the stuff in the crate belonged to the ship Leila and Zen had just voyaged on. While the man on fire may have been panicking, a couple of the others shouted "too the sea!". Hearing this, he took off out of Leila's sight. A couple of the crew seemed to come over to where he caught on fire to try and find out what caused it, but the majority watched him run into the sea. It seemed as though there were more heads in her line of sight, but none seemed to be looking their way.

According to Furry's Magic User Guide, Silent Image cost you 7 Strain points.

As Furry can't be here just yet to edit the character sheets, we'll have to stay on top of the headers. I haven't got the power to stay on top of the sheets and stats. Here's your updated sheet:

Name: Leila               Bonuses:                          Str: +0     Con: +2
Health Points: 10/10                                           Dex: +1     Int: +3
Strain Points: 5/16                                               Wis: +1    Cha: +1
Armour Class: Sorcerer                                           Luk: 9

[b]Name:[/b] Leila               [b]Bonuses:[/b]                          [b]Str:[/b] +0     [b]Con:[/b] +2
[b]Health Points:[/b] 10/10                                           [b]Dex:[/b] +1     [b]Int:[/b] +3
[b]Strain Points:[/b] 5/16                                               [b]Wis:[/b] +1    [b]Cha:[/b] +1
[b]Armour Class:[/b] Sorcerer                                           [b]Luk:[/b] 9
[hr]

Zito

Zen, still giving Leila a boost, and not able to see what caused all of the commotion up above, is slightly confused. "What happened up there? Is there a way out?" he asks.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

"Shh, they'll hear you," Leila hisses. She is on a delicate mission with no time to explain things to her stepping stool. The illusion spell took more energy out of her than she expected. This next spell will take more energy out of her than she has. This is going to be painful. The sorceress, mustering all her remaining magical energy and will power, attempts to create a floating disk under a rock in attempts to move it from it's place. She'll use this disk to move all of the rocks off the gate. Then she'll be able to escape. And pull up Zen. Maybe. At least that's her plan.

Floating Disk
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Failure

Leila winces from the effort, losing slight balance. Zeeto could feel the sorceress sway a bit, but she regained her composure fast enough to avoid falling out of Zeeto's hands. Unfortunately the disc never materialized, but she still paid the cost for the attempt.

-5 Strain points and -2 Health Points

Name: Leila               Bonuses:                          Str: +0     Con: +2
Health Points: 8/10                                           Dex: +1     Int: +3
Strain Points: 0/16                                               Wis: +1    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 13                                                   Luk: 9

Zen, you had an error with your health point total. You never added your class bonus (something furry and I added a while back to keep you guys from being one hit by some lucky fluke roll). Your health total is actually 14, but for some odd reason, it still says 9 in your header. I'll also give you back the health Leila took away earlier because of the relaxing voyage and the not so relaxing unconsciousness. Here is your new header, if you could update in on your character sheet, that would be lovely.

[b]Name:[/b] Zen Komanu               [b]Bonuses:[/b]           [b]Str:[/b] -2     [b]Con:[/b] +2
[b]Health Points:[/b] 14/14                                           [b]Dex:[/b] +0     [b]Int:[/b] +4
[b]Strain Points:[/b] 17/18                                                                 [b]Wis:[/b] +3    [b]Cha:[/b] +0
[b]Armour Class:[/b] 12                                              [b]Luk:[/b] 16
[hr]

Side note: While magic may be useful, it's not always the answer. Because of how low level you guys currently are, I would advise using it sparingly at this point (You're running low on strain points). I'm not saying that there will always be a way out of a situation without using magic, but if you can avoid using it, I would recommend not using it.

Millarz

Wincing in pain, Leila climbs off of Zito and explains what she had intended to do. Her whole body aches from her spell and she has nothing to show for it. What an awful situation. "If you have any ideas, by all means, go for it so long as it won't get us all killed. Pay attention to what's happening for me. I'm going to rest from that," Leila says. She slumps in a corner and rests as best she can. Falling asleep doesn't seem like such a bad idea either...

Rest/Fall asleep
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Leila successfully falls asleep in the corner of the circular pit. Zen is now in charge of getting the two out of the hole.

Zito

Health Points: 14/14                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4

"Well, someone's kind of lazy..." Zen says after Leila falls asleep. he himself was decently rested after being unconscious for so long, so he didn't need to sleep anymore. Now... How to get out of here... he thinks. Contemplating of all of the spells that he knows, Zen finally comes up with one that he hopes will work. So, without anymore thought, Zen targets the Lashings of the fence with a Scorching Ray.

Scorch!!!! (ing Ray)
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Thankfully, Zen is tall. While his spell didn't amount to much of anything and cost him more than he intended. He managed to sear one of the lashings from the fence above him with a combination of jumping and the added length of his 'ray' (it was so short rays are insulted to be compared). The fence now had a weak spot with a broken lashing in the middle of it's structure. With a little effort, Zen was sure that they could squeeze through the hole there with the added pliability of the expanding hole.

Due to the spell you've selected being at the upper limits of your spell list and your pathetic role, this is gonna cost you a total of 12 strain points. Also, even if you forgot your header, try not to add it in on a post with a dice role. I may know that you didn't edit the role amount, it still looks fishy.

Leila's short, well needed rest grants her 4 strain points in return.

Millarz

Bleary eyed, Leila wakes up to the sweet site of the grate still above her. She'd only been sleeping a few minutes but by the way her body ached, it felt like months. She blinked away the sleep from her eyes and was met with a welcoming sight. There was a little hole in the grate now! She didn't know why. Nor did she care. Adrenalin made short work of the pains in her body as she leaped up and exclaimed, "Zen! Give me a boost out of here!"

Zito

"If you insist" Zen replies. This had better not become a habit... I don't like being a stepping stool  Zen thinks to himself. He then proceeds to attempt to give Leila another boost.

BOOST 2!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Boost successful! Leila is hoisted to the perfect height to access the weakness in the fencing above.

Millarz

"Thanks, Zen!" Leila turns to run, but at the last second, remembered she had forgotten something. She wrapped her leg around a solid part of the grate and peered into the hole. Reaching down, she said, "How about I pull you up now?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Leila reached down and attempted to hoist Zen out of the hole. The 6 foot elf was a little on the heavier side. After a few seconds of almost pulling Leila back into the hole, Zen let go and proceeded to look up at Leila.

As Leila let go, she heard that her distraction had worn off. The pirates began prowling the beach looking for the cause of the fire. As opposed to prowling the beach though, the guards who were standing near the hole were on their way back. It was no or never for the duo to decide what they were going to do. It was probably only the length of an action before the guards got back.

Millarz

Leila turned to Zen and asked, "Fight or flight?"

Zito

"Go hide, I'll be fine. Just get out of here." Zen replies. The only options he could think of would be for her to run away or get back in the hole, and the guards would notice the opening in the gate, so that really wasn't an option.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

"You are an idiot. Come with me or you're going to be captured again! She looks around for a possible escape to run to.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Tokilin

Leila looks around and sees very little to hide behind. Seems as though the area around the hole was left barren for the fact that they're holding prisoners in a cell nearby. The closest thing nearby is a set of barrels the hide behind. Luck would have to be in the two's side to even find a moment of sanctity behind them.

Zito

"I can't get out... You're too weak to lift me. I can try one last thing though." Zen attempts to Jump up and reach the edge of the hole, then pull himself through the gap in the fence.

JUMP!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote] :)

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Zen successfully jumps and reaches the fencing. Although he finds he's a little to weak to do the pull up required to get out of the hole, with a little help from Leila, he manages to scramble out of the hole. The two characters have only moments to decide on their course of action.

Zito

Zen look around for an escape route or a place to hide.

Survey the Area!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Zen fails to see much more than Leila spotted. Probably a little less.

Zito

Zen runs to the barrels and attempts to cast a spell of Darkness around them

Daaaaaaaarknessssssssss (Yes that is a Nocturne reference)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

(I doubt this was his desired effect, but since it was such a nice roll and I'm feeling nice (I also rolled a nice luck roll)...) Zen and Leila make it to the barrels and hide just out of sight, their hands over their mouths to hide their ragged breathing. The guards arrive on scene and look into the hole only to see a void of black. "I can't see all the way down. There's no way they could escape anyways." one of the guards said, proceeding to turn away from the hole and go back to his chair in the area. "I can't wait for the captain to take the girls head... heheh..." he mumbled to himself and he began watching the hole.

Leila and Zen were safe. From their position behind the barrel the could see the a forest in front of them. behind them was the barrel and the Pirate den. Their knowledge on the den wasn't very great considering they didn't see much past the enclosure... but if one had to describe it...

Zen, due to the fact that was a 2nd level Evocation spell, it's gonna cost you the rest of your strain points. You're down to Zero now. Thankfully it was a good roll. It could have cost you more.

Millarz

Take the girl's head? Why you ugly little sucker I'm gonna... Gonna... There was really nothing Leila could do about the guard without her weapons and strength. She grumbled to herself. He'd pay later.  "Forest on my count," she whispered to Zen. She waited for the guards to look away. "Three, two, one, now!" She made a (hopefully) stealthy break for the forest.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]