Main Menu

The Maiden of Death

Started by furryoldlobster, March 16, 2014, 04:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

They call her the Maiden of Death.  Some say, 'rightfully so!'  Rumor is, Naivara slaughtered an entire platoon; Her own platoon!  Most know of the legend, but few know of the truth.  This suits her purposes.  Ambiguity can be useful. 

Recently, she's taken up to moving citizens, especially families with children, out of Capitol City and to safe haven.  Its not for the money; it's just right.  These people need a chance, and Naivara offers it. 

Her acts don't please everyone.  The Imperial Guard wants to keep the Capitol City's occupants within it's pillared boundaries.  More occupants means more crops, supplies, gold .  Any escapes would also come across as weakness.  The Imperial Guard doesn't accept weakness. 

Naivara's most recent venture send her in a pickle.  She finds herself just on the outskirts of the Capitol.  She's attempting to send a family of three to a better life, but two guards stand in her way.  They are armed with shortblades and flimsy brigandine armor.  These are not true Imprerial Guards. They're imposters, probably thieves, trying to take advantage of a frightened and fleeing family.

Battle Order:
Naivara, Guard 1, Guard 2
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Name: Naivara Ashrein               Bonuses:           Str: +3     Con: +0
Health Points: 6                                            Dex: +4     Int: +0
Gold: 0                                                                Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 17                                           Com: +1   Luk: 14

Naivara stood facing the two foes. Her cloak billowed in the wind, concealing all of her features except the blonde hair hanging out through the black hole that would be where persons face would be. "I have no quarrel with you two, let me and this family go, or your life will be ended by the maiden of death. I can tell by the way you stand and the equipment you wear that you're not really from the guard". She pulled her Scythe from her back, wielding it with both hands and taking what seemed to be a formidable stance allowing the moonlight to gleam from the sharp, well kept blade. She motioned with her head to some trees nearby for the family to take cover behind. She wouldn't do well in a hostage situation, so it would be better for the family to not interfere with the fight. She then closely eyed the two "guards" and the surroundings close to them to see exactly what she was up against and what she could use to her advantage.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?

furryoldlobster

CRITICAL FAILURE

Naivara, distracted by her survey, is nearly hit with a flying knife!  She narrowly avoids the projectile by blocking its trajectory with the shaft of her scythe.  Her survey concludes: this ground is made of earth, trees are green, and there's a knife in her shaft. 

"Maiden of Death?", balks one of the thieves.  "That's just a rumor".  Even the family chuckles at the suggestion from the cloaked vigilante.

"Yeeeah", adds the second thief. "A rumor of a legend!"

"Roger...", thief 1 says, disappointingly.  "Just....try not to talk".  Roger follows his partners orders, and keeps his guard up.  They move towards Naivara, blades ready to strike. 

Battle Order
Naivara, Thief 1, Roger
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Gold: 0                                                                Wis: +0    Cha: +2

It was worth a shot. Although the rumor inspired fear in some, getting people to believe you're the person of the rumor was another thing. "I guess I'll just get rid of you two quick, last thing I would need would be the real guard catching up to me in a situation like this. I guess I wouldn't be the only participants of this fight who would be running though, now would I?" she said chuckling slightly, knowing that she was going to have to fight these two. She plucked the knife from the shaft of her Scythe, and looked for it's origins. She was going to send it right back at them. It was either that, or it was being thrown into the nearest thief. Probably the less-then-smart one.

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

Knife Throw
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Spot Check:
CRITICAL SUCESS

Kaivara quickly analyzes the blade.  It's lighter than its should be, probably due to the grip.  5 evenly spaced holes dot the handle, stabilizing the flight.  It's a fantastic ranged weapon.

Throw:
MISS

Its such a nice blade.  Why not send it back to its owner?  The blade spins through the air, but misses its intended target.  The two thieves are undeterred.  Non-Roger parries with his short-sword.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

MISS

Non-Roger misses quite horribly and his own momentum causes him to stumble off balance next to Kaivara.

Roger sees an opportunity to test out his knife throwing skills once again and tosses his second throwing blade at Kaivara.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

MISS

Roger's misses when Kaivara, displaying precision hand-eye coordination, knocks the projectile away with her scythe.

Battle Order
Kaivara, Non-Roger, Roger
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

She was upset she'd missed her throw, but that really didn't matter, the idiot thief had charged her! They made it all too easy. It all happened in one fluidic motion. She spun to avoid the idiot thief's attack while bringing up her weapon to catch the thrown knife on the blade of her scythe. It made as resounded 'ping' as the knife deflected off into some direction. She wasn't finished. Following through with her spin and the up bringing of her scythe, she swung her scythe up towards the mid-stumbling thief aiming for the centre of his chest, hoping to puncture straight through it.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

HIT

Naivara's scythe catches the bumbling thief with it's curved blade, slicing from his belly up to his gullet.  Roger watches in devastation as non-Roger collapses, nearly cut in half!

"Roger!", screams Roger.  "You gutted my brother!"  Apparently these two had very uncreative parents.  In a rage, unsliced Roger charges Naivara with his third, and final throwing blade in an attempt to stab her.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

HIT

After struggling with Naivara, unsliced Roger avoids her scythe to stab her side.  He loses his blade during the attack, leaving it protruding from her torso. 

3 damaged inflicted on Naivara

Battle Order
Naivara, Unsliced Roger
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 3/6                                          Dex: +4     Int: +0

The pain seared through her lower torso, it hurt, unbelievably so. She could feel the tears well up in her eyes, not that the enemy could see. She steeled herself, and straightened her posture, sliding the knife from the wound. It felt sickly sliding out, blood flowing from the puncture wound. It was a small wound, so the loss of blood wouldn't cause any direct effects... yet if left to bleed, it could be a problem. She tossed the knife away, towards a bush where it would be hard to find if the thief, Roger, attempted to retrieve it again for use on her. "You're going to pay for that, you petty thief". Malice oozed from her voice as she said the statement, emphasizing on 'petty thief'. She eyed the thief up and down, from the looks of things, he seemed to be unarmed... but the last thing she wanted was for a weapon to lash out at her in the bloodied state she was in.

Spot Check on Roger
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

Working on a few things, you'll see little text like this throughout this campaign to hopefully explain some of the core mechanics of the game  to hopefully work the kinks out. Spot checks do not (generally) take up a full turn, in this case I would still get to move after examining him. Of course, my character is confident in her viewing skills, so if I roll anything but a 1, I'll accept what I saw for what I saw and not look again. There is a limit of the number of things you can look at during your turn though, reaching the limit will consume your turn. Furry and I have decided upon 2 checks consuming your turn. If you catch us in TS, I'm sure we could explain clearer if this doesn't make sense.

furryoldlobster

SUCCESS

Unsliced Roger, is quite completely unarmed, and trembles as Naivara gazes at him. 

Battle Order
Naivara, Unsliced Roger

It would still be her turn, since you wouldn't have to move around to spot something
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

"I told you to leave once, but you've sealed your fate. Your weapon is gone and you stand unarmed before me. Don't worry, I'll end you quickly." smiling as she said it, inspiring fear was her goal. She posed with her scythe in both hands, in preparation of the horizontal swing she was soon to make at Roger. It was quick, the blade flashed in the moon light as she swung, dashing forward to cover the distance between her and her target.

Attack:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

HIT

Unsliced Roger had better change his name soon.  From his prone position, he can't avoid the striking blade.  It plunges deep into his chest, puncturing the thief's heart.  Recently-Sliced Roger stops breathing withing seconds. 

Naivara gains 200 experience for defeating the Rogers.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

The fight drew to a close, it took a matter of seconds. She didn't really want to murder them, but if they wouldn't leave at her threat, surely the next person they met would have been attacked as well, and not everyone is as trained as she is. She looked to where the family was motioned to hide, they seemed fine if not shocked as the bloodshed they had just seen. "Don't just stand there, let's get a move on. These may have just been a couple of thieves, but the next group of people we might bump into may really be from the CCG. They normally travel in groups larger then two as well." It wasn't a request, she was ordering these people. She didn't exactly come out unscathed from the fight. She needed medical attention, and her associate with whom she was dropping these people off with could possibly provide it. Sheathing her scythe, she started walking down the road, not particularly caring if the family followed at that point.

It'd be a couple hours before they got to the town of Mazzif. She held her hand on her wound, applying pressure to inhibit blood flow. There was nothing left to do but walk.

furryoldlobster

Naivara, with the family cautiously following several paces behind at all times, arrives in Mazzif without major incidents.  The grateful family thanks Naivara and skitters into the town.  Its been several hours, and the sun isn't quite up yet.  Most shops are locked and citizens sleeping, although the Inn is always open, especially for those who help the fleeing citizens of Capitol City. 

Mazzif, nothing special before The Great Downfall, became the first stop in a series of underground tunnels and hidden routes meant to provide escape from the towering walls of Capitol City.  Naivara has been navigating them for years, aiding citizens while hunting down any platoons. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 3/6                                         Dex: +4     Int: +0

Naivara walked towards the Inn, the bleeding had stopped, but her skin had gone pale during the travel. Free from the family, she pulled down her hood and let her long blonde hair drink in the last of the moonlight. She was upset she didn't encounter a platoon, much less get even a lead. She was going to give her associate, a man called Cain, a good tongue lashing. She'd been promised solid information this time. At this time of night he could be found at the Inn, bartending for the various people of the town. Most likely wearing that stupid grin of his.

Upon getting to the Inn, she took off her cloak so that she wouldn't stand out too much amidst the various drunkards that would be ever so present. She walked and sat down at the bar, her hand covering her wound to hide it from the various onlookers. She then began to glare at the man behind the counter until her noticed her presence, or perhaps stopped ignoring it. Her mouth pulled itself into a wry smile as she began thinking of the things she would say to him.

Cain is an NPC, I can't say exactly what he'll say (Woo! Go DM's!) so I leave that part up to Furry. Typically upon the entrance of an NPC who is somewhat important to story progression or someone who'll most likely show up more than once, they'll get a fairly good description. It's a good idea to take notes on the descriptions because sometimes it'll be all you get from a person, it can also be the hint that could solve a riddle or create insight towards an idea. Keep in mind, not all descriptions are important. It's the DM's job to feed you so much information, it can be difficult to pull out what is actually relevant.

On a side note, stretch your descriptive boundaries and practice with Cain, Furry! I hinted he has a somewhat sunny personality and that's about it. His answers to Naivara's tongue lashing will be up to you as well. Don't worry to much about my character, peoples views on people can be completely different from how the person really is. Alignment should be kept in mind for a bit more accuracy.

furryoldlobster

Cain noticed Naivara immediately as he worked behind the bar, but his night hasn't been the greatest; cleaning after various drunks.  His once dark blue apron, now dirt brown, is covered with beer and fifth.  Cain wished more for vulgarity, or vomit more than the Eladrin's entrance. Any attempts to ignore her are in vain, as she clearly sees the silver-haired barkeep. 

A quick survey of the bar shows it isn't very large; only enough room for five stools, although the several tables, intended for four, seat six to eight.  The drunkards don't seem to mind.  Various oil lanterns, hanging from the ceiling, provide ample lighting.  Naivara can see the staircase just beyond the bar.  It leads to sleeping chambers that she's needed plenty of times.   

Cain walks past the other patrons, beer in hand, offering his best toothy grin above a neatly trimmed beard, just covering his chin. "Well, heya N!" Cain starts.  "You're back awfully soon.  Came back for the beer?"  He jokes as he places the pint on her table. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 3/6                                         Dex: +4     Int: +0

She picked up the pint and quickly gulped it down, it tasted bitter, but at least in a few minutes, the dull pain on her lower torso wouldn't be as bad. She look Cain right in the eyes "Not a single one, not even a hair. You said it was some solid information, but the most I found regarding combatants were a couple of low thieves. Speaking of which, do you have any bandages?" She tilted toward her hand as she pulled it away from her wound, giving Cain a clear view of it. It wasn't about to get any worse, but leaving it as it was, it wasn't going to get any better.

Naivara was talking about the platoons in her conversation of course. In the end, at least, one more family was safe from The Capitol. It probably wasn't wise to go back to it until she was healed properly. She could tell Cain hadn't had the best night, so she decided to save her lashing for another time. "So? What's next on your bright list of over throwing the CCG? I'll skip out on evacuation of people this time, perhaps information gathering?"

furryoldlobster

Without a moment of hesitation, Cain guides Naivara past the bar and into a small room behind it.  It's Cain's sparsely furnished sleeping quarters.  He collapses her on his bed, not more than 8 paces from one door leading inside.  The single lantern above swings as Cain accidentally bumps it several times, hustling back and forth to gather supplies.

The slightly over middle age barkeep bandages up Naivara to the best of his abilities.  Naivara's line of work keeps his medical skills up to par.  "There's a local job" Cain begins.  "Don't get overly excited, but it might involve the CCG.  A man in town is rumored to support the guild. He goes by the name Llywwn, but I don't want to bring in the authorities unless I know he's in cahoots with the enemy.  This man has a lot of pull with town officials.  I could lose my inn if he learns of this operation.  I need proof"

"You should rest here tonight.  There nothing to be done right now"

Cain leaves the room to tend to his barkeep duties.

Naiva healed by 2 hp

~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 5/6                                         Dex: +4     Int: +0

When Cain shut the door behind him, the only accompaniment Naivara had in the room was the flickering light of the lamp. It was true, Cain has helped her numerous times with wounds. They weren't exactly common occurrences, but finding a medical doctor who would help her despite being an odd race and ex-CCG militia was tough. She didn't like to rely on the man, it made her feel like the requests she got from him had to be done in order to make up for the treatment. She closed her eyes and entered the trance like state unique to her race.

While in her trance, she thought back to when she had first met Cain. It was just after she defected and took out her platoon. She was in a bad state, the fight wasn't an easy one and she sustained some heavy injuries. Fleeing from the capitol, she had attempted to take shelter in this very inn. At the time, it probably wasn't her best idea. This inn was one of the key focal points to the resistances against the capitol, and although the platoons were just rumors, when you run a line of business against what seemed like an all powerful force, you took any rumors as the truth until proven otherwise. Walking into the inn, her cloak stained in blood and bearing the small insignia of the CCG, she was immediately questioned by the occupants and asked to leave. Only Cain was willing to help mend her injuries and ask what she was doing at the inn. Only he believed her story about what she had done. Afterwards, he provided her with the means to the survive for a while. When she was better, the 'little requests' started. Of course, owing her life to the man, she was obligated to oblige. The requests never seemed to stop from that point.

About four and a half hours later, she decided she had rested enough attempted to sit up. It was easier than she expected, Cain really was good at medical stuff. She stood up and slowly walked out into the main room and sat at the same stool she was in earlier. She made the motion for something to eat towards Cain and waited for him to move and approach her. She needed to ask more about Llywwn, a simple name wasn't much to go off of. The hope of relations to the CCG made her not want to delay on the quest... she also found herself owing Cain for the help she received a few hours ago.

Back stories are great! Everyone loves them (Those that take the time to read them anyway) and they make for a much more heart wrenching and personal adventure. Naturally, since the NPC is controlled by the DM, you will have to talk to the DM about it. Keep in mind though, as the adventure progresses and you meet NPC's, you start building back story from that point on. As an example, let's take S'kavara and The General Shop-keeper in shaded city. S'kavara had never met the man before he walked into the store. Some things happened and he left. Later on in the story, he returned to the store and some interesting things developed from the new counter to the saucer of milk. I don't know how often Shaded City would be a stop or destination, but at the very least S'kavara won't be forgotten... and a saucer of milk will always seem to be awaiting him.

In a way, doing something good or bad to an NPC can lead to some weird things in the future of the campaign. Naturally, not all NPC's will like you, even if you're nice to them. You don't need a lengthy description like what I did for Naivara and Cain, you don't even need a past. Connections with certain NPC's begin as soon as you meet them. Also, remember that back stories that haven't actually 'happened' (Such as Cain and Naivara's past) in the campaign will generally need to be okayed with the DM.

furryoldlobster

The bar, after only four hours, is drunkard free and even a little serene.  Cain spent the time well, and not a drop or beer, or sick, can be found.  He retrieves a bowl of stew and several pieces of bread for already seated Naivara.  Cain describes it as a medley of evenly braised rabbit, plump potatoes that practically melt to pieces, and blends of spices that lead only to perfection.  The Eladrin may not agree with the grandiose description; its just stew, but he meal certainly hits the spot.   

Cain goes on to explain Llywwn, while Naivara enjoys her breakfast.  "Dumb name, I know.  Used to be Harold, but he wanted something more refined and had fewer vowels.  To tell you the truth, I don't think he knows how to pronounce his name", jests the barkeep.  "I need any proof: a ledger, bill of sale, letters, anything that relates him to the CCG.  Bring it back to me and I'll handle the rest.  Any information you discover along the way can only help your mission."

Cain hands a map to Naivara showing the way to Llywnn's estate.  "Its a simple route:  exit the inn, head further in town.  Pass the bazaar and in a few blocks you'll reach a very misplaced house.  It's got extra rooms poking out of walls, a rectangular patch of grass that must soak up more water than these drunks consume booze, and countless carriages peppering the yard.  You can't miss it."

Cain describes offer why Llywwn's home might be so out of place.  "When most others struggle to stay afloat, he remodels his estate to have a room dedicated to fish collecting.  Somehow, he's been able to finance an extremely indulgent lifestyle.  If he's doing this at the plight of Capitol City citizens, well I'm sure you might have something to say about it."

Naivara healed by 1 hp
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 6/6                                         Dex: +4     Int: +0

While the soup wasn't as great as Cain made it sound, it didn't exactly taste bad. The various flavours made gulping it down easier than the regular rations she would consume on long treks, it was certainly a lot more filling. As she ate, she listened intently to Cains description of the route and final destination. This Llywwn seemed like an eccentric weirdo, but Cain was right. Due to the economy being deflated by The Capitols downfall, you'd think someone would be down sizing their house as opposed to upgrading it for... fish storage.

From the description of the house, getting into something that large probably wouldn't be all that hard. The trouble would be finding the small tidbit of proof relating to the CCG. That was if it was even there. Naivara stood up with an empty bowl in front of her. Most of the bread had been eaten, save one or two pieces. As she shoved one of the pieces into her mouth, she said in a garbled voice, "I'll be back just before sunset for more rest, I'm going to go scout the building. It'll probably be a needle in a haystack looking for that information. I'll be going by the Bazaar on my way there. If you need something, say so now and cough up the gold."

After saying what she did, she went back into her temporary room. She folded her cloak and put it into her bag, carrying it in case it was needed. She then put on her leather armour, as well as some clothing over top of it to make it appear as though she was a simple pedestrian. She looked at her scythe, leaning in the corner. She wished she could take it, but large scythes typically attract attention. She hoisted her bag onto her back and walked out into the main room. Looking across the counter, she spied the knife used to cut the potatoes for the soup she had eaten earlier. "Mind if I borrow this?" already putting the knife into a location she could reach it easily, but not have it in plain sight. She then stopped and waited to hear the answer of Cain, for both the possible shopping list and the knife.

furryoldlobster

Cain can't oblige Naivara's request.  "My patrons need potatoes", declares the inn-keeper. "I've got something you'll like".  He heads back into his living quarters, and returns a few minutes later with a very curious knife.  The dark grey blade, only the length of an average human palm, is triangular and wide.  Where there should be a grip, there is instead an H shaped handle. "Its called a Katara", Cain starts.  "Had a barfight here a while back.  One of them dropped this blade."  He hands the intriguing blade to the Eladrin, while adding a final request. "All this talk about fish collecting made me hungry.  Could ya pick me up some.  I'll get a stew going!"  He hands off two gold coins.  A single coin will buy plenty of fish.  "Keep the change", he adds.  "I'm gonna some rest for a few hours.  Good luck!"  Cain walks behind the bar counter, and to his sleeping quarters for some well earned rest.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Health Points: 5/6                                         Dex: +4     Int: +0
Gold: 2                                                                Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Naivara took the katara, it was an exotic weapon, but she wasn't unfamiliar with it. Personally she had never used one, but she'd seen it used by a member of a platoon before. One of the many specialized weapons that a member of a platoon could possibly use as a main weapon. She put the katara away and received the gold pieces shortly afterwards, putting them into a small money pouch that she then proceeded to put away into her shirt. She bade Cain good-bye as he walked into his now unoccupied room. "Potatoes and fish, huh?" she said to herself as she walked out the door, with hopes that she would remember the two simple ingredients.

She walked down the street, towards the centre of town. It was odd how the bazaar was at the middle of this town. Most other towns would have had the market near the edge of the town, to ease the movement of people from into and out of the city. It also allowed for expansion of the area in the event of a large boom in economics. Eventually it came into view, people were walking around everywhere. The vendors had stalls setup in rows within a huge clearing that seemed to resemble a hexagonal shape, each stand a vibrant colour of the owners choice in an attempt to attract the eye of some unlucky purchaser. Creating the shape of the clearing where buildings of various purpose, from the large building to the north for this town's guild, to small shops that wealthier merchants had upgraded too from stalls. In the centre of it all was a grand water fountain.Large mermaids poured out water from vases into the large pool below. False 'fireflies' flew around the fountain from various spell casters trying to add ambience to the area.

Looking around at the stalls, unless you were a local, it would be rather difficult to find the one needed if you were looking for a specific item. Unfortunately, Naivara had spent less time here than a cat does in water. She hadn't the slightest clue as to what stall she would buy her list from. She took a look around, knowing the odds weren't in her favour, in an attempt to see the stalls she would require. Of course the number of people that were bustling about didn't make it easy. It didn't matter all to much though, she wasn't about to go do recon while carrying a large sack of potatoes.

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
   She continued on her way past the stalls in the direction Cain had mentioned. "He said that it was a unique design... does that mean it'll be hard to mis-- what the hell is that." She was struck, dumbfounded at the sight before her eyes. It truly was a one of a kind building.

furryoldlobster

Potatoes.  Rocks.   Potato Shaped Rocks.  Rock Shaped Potatoes...wait...those are just normal potatoes.  Right?  This market sure is confusing.  Better just to keep going.

Naivara arrives at the Llywwn estate, and wow.  Its more confusing than his name.  Its a hodgepodgery of rooms, windows, and awkward additions. Naivara stands, nonchalantly, beyond a retaining wall in front of the property.  Its tough to tell anything from her angle, but she does see an entrance just beyond that silly patch of grass.  She also notes two carriages:  one to her left in front of a huge glass paneled window, and the other just peeking over the edge of a protruding room to the right of the entrance.

This was based off of a map that Zito made: http://claytonia.net/forums/index.php?topic=2326.0
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Gold: 2                                                                Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Naivara hops over the low retaining wall and enters a crouched stated. She then moved to the nearest carriage, looking into it to see if there was anything that could jump out at her or perhaps be of use. After a quick check of the carriage, she moved onto the next in progression towards the door, each time inspecting the carriages. During her brief stops at the carriages, she would look around the premise to see if she could spot any potential problems.

Spot Checks on the Carriages.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
   Spot Checks of the Premise.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Carriage Spot Check
SUCCESS
Naivara glides across the property, surveying each carriage along the way.  The one to the south is bronze plated with glass windows, with black with golden trim, and one just peeking to the north....it looks like a giant...metal...pumpkin!  How odd?!  There is one glaring similarity.  They're both empty.   

Premises Spot Check
SUCCESS
Llywwn must be very sure of himself, because Naivara doesn't spot a single guard, trap, or visual deterrent. Working her way around to the door, she notes the large glass pane window is static, and the wooden front door locked.  There is a window slightly ajar on the northern most addition, next to the pumpkin carriage. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Naivara moved to the window, looking closely at the lock. She then proceeded to sabotage the lock so that it wouldn't work, attempting to make it not look too tampered with.

Sabotage Check on the Lock:
   She tried her best, and then moved out of the yard from the way she came. Attempting to break in now would probably work, but she didn't have her cloak on, not to mention there would be more light to see her with as well as potential people walking around the house. She would wait till night before attempting to look for any information, any guests that could possibly be there would have left by that time. The less eyes, the better for her. There was also the off chance that the rest of the occupants could be sleeping.

Naivara headed off towards the bazaar again. She had promised Cain potatoes and fish. There were less people at this time, it would make it easier for her to spot the product she was looking for.

Spot Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

I had already checked the yard, so I knew there wasn't anybody around. It doesn't change the fact that I rolled a 14 on that roll. With a spot check, there are levels of passing set by the DM. The higher roll is always best, it allows your character to take in the most information. For all Naivara knew, there could have been a guard and I needed to roll a 15 to see him. DM's can be sneaky like that.
   Next, I rolled a Sabotage Check. Checks like these aren't actually called that, they're called DC Checks, but for clarity purposes we want you to hint at what exactly it is you're doing in the DC Check. It makes it easier for the DM to tell what you're doing, especially in the vague, or really descriptive posts. A DC Check is a roll that gets compared to a number the DM has. He doesn't just pull the number from thin air, generally it'll be what he thinks the difficulty of what you're trying to do in a numerical form. Of course, there are feats as well as some modifiers that can be applied to your roll. I don't know what DC Number our DM will pick for the lock, but in this case it shouldn't be overly impossible. It's a simple window lock, I did; however, specify that I would like it to look discreet. Knowing that, the DM might raise the number a tad.

furryoldlobster

Sabotage Lock:
FAILED

Naivara fumbles her attempt to rig the lock.  The window slams shut, and, with it's own momentum, locks itself.  The Eladrin will have to find a new way in. 

Spot Check:
SUCCESSFUL
Naivara spots a nearby grocer selling exactly whats she needs!  Halibut, mackerel, salmon, even shark!  To the right of the sea dwellers lies a cornucopia of veggies, herbs, and tubers, including potatoes!

The grocer spots Naivara eyeing her stand.  "Over there!", she motions to Naivara.  "Can I help you?"
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Naivara reaches the stall where the grocer had eagerly called her over to. She eyed the potatoes and the fish, potatoes were one thing, she didn't realize just how many types of fish there were. With her experience on battling various things, typically the scarier and bigger something was... the better it tasted. She didn't know if it could be applied to fish, or even if it was a thought. "I need a sack of potatoes, and a fish... I'll take that large one over there, with the sharp teeth." she said bluntly, pointing at the shark.

Gold is the currency in the world we play in, with platinum being the highest denomination. The order that the currency can be broken down into in our world is: Copper Piece > Silver Piece > Gold Piece > Platinum Piece. It requires 10 copper pieces to make a silver piece and 10 silver pieces to make a gold piece. The pattern continues for platinum pieces. We run off of the 3.5 currency value charts currently, but the DM reserves the right to change and alter any prices as he sees fit. Naivara is attempting to buy a large sack of potatoes, and Cain earlier that he only needed about 1 gold piece's worth of them. He didn't state what kind of fish she should get, so she's making the mistake of trying to buy the shark. Obviously, a shark won't be as cheap as regular fish and she won't have enough to buy it.

furryoldlobster

Naivara has a much better view of the vendor in front of her table.  She stands tall; incredibly tall.  If it weren't for her wind weathered and tanned skin, she could pass as a half-orc!  She's wearing a beige cotton shirt, buttoned all the way to the top, and simple denim pants.  Her hair, braided more for convenience than for style, is a hand more than shoulder length and dark brown.  Her large round face looks sun-beaten, but not unattractive.

A laugh bellows out of the woman.  "Oh will you now?", she says, cheeks already red from laughter.  "The shark's expensive. Very rare, and tough to catch.  Five gold pieces"
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Naivara wasn't impressed, just because something was hard to kill doesn't mean that it was worth a lot. She'd done plenty of missions were the risk was high but the reward low. If it wasn't for Cain, she wouldn't even be talking to the lady. Unfortunately Cain needed fish. She eyed the lady up and down, to bring the price down through intimidation would be difficult. Perhaps she could bring the price down through haggling? Bartering? Naivara pulled out the katara Cain had given her earlier. Perhaps the lady would take the weapon and give her the fish. "Tell you what, I'll forgo the potatoes, so I'll give you two gold coins as well as this weapon here." Naivara did her best to tilt the weapon in the dim light, hoping to make it shine.

Diplomacy Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
   When dealing with NPC's and gold, unless you're taking the price for what it is, you'll typically end up haggling or bartering. This requires a check, depending on your roll, you can obtain what you're after or maybe even insult the vendor enough to make them refuse you service. Typically you'd have to state your case to the DM, you can do so through description or dialogue. Your description will be what decides how hard or stubborn the NPC is towards your trade, as well as the original value of the item.

furryoldlobster

Diplomacy Check
SUCCESS

The towering woman looks down at Naivara, and smiles.  "You've got guts", she starts.  "the world needs guts".  The grocer accepts Naivara's offer and hands the shark for the two gold and knife.  She adds, "You ever want to see a bigger fish?  Check out a lake just a few days out from Netherton.  Its a bustling trading hub connecting almost the entire region.  Heard of it?"
~ cinema sign.