Main Menu

The Adventures of Zeeto, Lanor, and Arya Discussion Topic

Started by Woodsy1995, March 09, 2014, 11:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millarz

Name: Arya/ Mayar               Bonuses:             Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 8/8                                             Dex: +3     Int: +1
Gold: 0                                                              Wis: +0    Cha: +0
Armour Class: 16                                              Com: +0   Luk: 19 ^-^

I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Tokilin

Perhaps a slightly different header for those of us who have strain points...

Name: Character Name               Bonuses:               Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 8/8                                            Dex: +2     Int: +0
Strain Points: 18/18                                                Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                             Com: +3   Luk: 15

Here it is:

[b]Name:[/b] Character Name               [b]Bonuses:[/b]               [b]Str:[/b] +1     [b]Con:[/b] +1
[b]Health Points:[/b] 8/8                                            [b]Dex:[/b] +2     [b]Int:[/b] +0
[b]Strain Points:[/b] 18/18                                                [b]Wis:[/b] +0    [b]Cha:[/b] +2
[b]Armour Class:[/b] 14                                             [b]Com:[/b] +3   [b]Luk:[/b] 15
[hr]
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Woodsy1995

[font=verdana][b]Name:[/b] Lanor                                          [b] Stats:[/b] STR [12]  (+1) DEX [16]  (+2)
[b]Health Points:[/b] 7/7                                                          CON [14]  (+1) INT [14]  (+1)
[b]Gold Pieces:[/b] 5                                                                 WIS [14]  (+1) CHA [11]  (0)
[b]Silver Pieces:[/b] 0                                                                COM [8]  (-1)  LUCK [11]
[b]Armor Class:[/b] 13
[/font]
[hr]

[i]Lanor notices the trouble his companions are in and jumps up ready to attack, Lanor having not been noticed by the wolf yet sneaks off to the side and fires one arrow straight into the wolf. [/i]

This is mine
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

furryoldlobster

Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Does that mean I don't have to go into the spirit world to finish it off as Lanor suggests?

Zito

That may be the only way to completely kill it, if it is even possible.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Apparently not... yet.

We have 500 xp though. Does that mean we level up?

furryoldlobster

Good job, players!  I've edited your character sheets to a point.  Obviously, I'd like you to pick your own unique skills (still called feats at the moment).  You may improve your current skill, or choose a new one.  Toki uploaded a huge list of feats.  Check that out for ideas and limitations. If you've got any questions ask either one of us. 

I improved everyone's HP/SP.  For HP, I rolled a d4, and added you con modifier.  For SP, the increased amount is the same as your wisdom modifier. 

Keep in mind schools of magic are treated as being a nth level wizard.  Someone with conjuration 1 may only cast spells equal to, or below his level. 

Also, Toki and I are working out kinks of the human race.  <----- best sentence ever

What I mean is the current rule is every level, a human may pick/level two unique skills.  I think we're gonna change it to every even level (2,4,6,etc.).  Which means Arya, you still get double skills with your recent level up. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Wait, so Humans get two at even levels, and one at odd levels? I'm guessing Elves just get one per level then...? Whether I get two or one, I chose Evocation 1 for my level up. If by some miraculous awesomeness I get another, I will be extremely happy XD.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Zito

Zeeto's Header

[b]Name:[/b] Zeeto Nailo               [b]Bonuses:[/b]          [b]Str:[/b] +1     [b]Con:[/b] +1
[b]Health Points:[/b] 7/10                                      [b]Dex:[/b] +3    [b]Int:[/b] +3
[b]Strain Points:[/b]   0/20                                     [b]Wis:[/b] +2    [b]Cha:[/b] +1
[b]Armour Class:[/b] 16                                         [b]Com:[/b] +1    [b]Luk:[/b] 9
[hr]

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:          Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 7/10                                      Dex: +3    Int: +3
Strain Points:   0/20                                     Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                         Com: +1    Luk: 9

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

I'm not sure if this would work, but may I have a feat that allows me to switch between being Arya in flesh and blood and being Mayar in flesh and blood and Arya becomes the spirit? I'd have a baby tooth necklace for Mayar then :p heh. And what would an "education" feat do here?

furryoldlobster

Ya Zeets, it still seems overkill.  I want to show off the human's versatility to off-set the lack of racial bonuses.....but I'm gonna find another way. I think they'll start with a couple of bonus skills or something similar.  Millarz and Blade, I apologize for getting your hopes up.  Humans will only get 1 feat per level up.  You'll get other bonuses as soon as Toki and I discuss it. 

What did you have in mind, Millarz, in terms of what you can do as a spirit/flesh wolf? I'll take a look at what education does in a moment.
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

D'aw I picked humans just because they got two feats :p Though honestly I didn't know I got two feats per level after the first when I picked humans. I was thinking I could still have the mind of Arya but in Mayar form, since technically they are the same person anyways. I'd be kind of like Aiden without the fire ability.

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

They start with racial bonus of +2 dex, -2 con.  Millarz.  You'll still have the two feats to start.  The whole double feat level up thing is the overpowered part.
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

And millarz, where did you find this education skill? 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

furryoldlobster

I'd say anyone with education would have a bonus to int related rolls.  If you're trying to learn a new language (something I haven't even touched on yet) and roll a d20 to see how well you'd learn... you've got education, there's a higher chance you'd learn the language.  Look back at the misadventures thread and find where s'kavara is attempting to decode that "riddle".  If he had education, he would have slightly higher roll scores. 

Hows that sound?
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Millarz, Toki and I have come up with a unique skill that makes sense for you and Mayar: Spirit Link.  You'd go into a trance, see what the wolf sees, but Arya would still be physically in the real world.  Is that sort of what you're going for?
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

That spirit link isn't really what I was thinking at all. Sorry about having to make you think up something like that. It's fine. I'll just toss the idea. For education, what would the modifier be? And am I allowed to learn to talk to animals yet?

furryoldlobster

How about Ranger Magic 1?  http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger_Spell_List  1st level ranger magic has talk with animals as a spell. You may cast any of the 1st level spells if you've got Ranger Magic 1 (although they do cause strain).
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Oh that's what a feat is? In that case, yes please. I'd like that very much.

furryoldlobster

I use the term incredibly loosely.  Its more like a unique skill that you've started studying/practicing, that gets better over time.
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Arya, take a closer look at Kirito's characters sheet and compare it to yours ;P

Pay attention to the height and weight :P

Millarz

Oh jeez louise why is he so tall? He's only 13. I guess I'll change that post :p

Millarz

I've changed the post, but jeez. I had no idea 13 year olds were that tall. I just looked up the average height lol. It's like 5'2-5'7

furryoldlobster

Next time, no re-edit.  Its up to the DM to decide how successful players are. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Oh my bad. I didn't think that was a re-edit because I thought Kirito was tiny ._. Won't do it again.

furryoldlobster

its totally fine this time.  I know you just want it to make your post make sense and all.  Here's an example of what might have happened if you lift him:

Arya, feeling quite proud of herself, picks up the psion, but after just one step, realizes he's far too heavy and drops him back to the ground. The Protectorates need another plan.

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Heh that would have been entertaining. And embarrassing :P

Zito

We could ask him to lift himself! Oh wait, he's unconscious...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Zito

Also, Millarz, just so you know, Zeeto has never seen this shopkeeper before... This isn't the Armorer...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

I know zeeto's never seen this shopkeeper. I was referring to the armorer. And am I allowed to modify my post by adding a sentence or two? I posted something and then realized immediately after I posted it that I could have been clearer or more descriptive. I didn't this time and I suppose it's too late to now, but in the future, is this like what you said not to do last time? What happened to Farquad anyways? Wasn't he supposed to be Colfar?

Tokilin

I don't know about Farquad, but modifying your post right after posting it is alright. Try not to alter it drastically (someone could already be starting a reply), and don't do it if there is a roll in the post. other than that, once it's said, it's said.

furryoldlobster

If you realize a little mistake/typo issue right away (providing you didn't roll a d20), you may correct it.  Gotta do it quickly though.  An issue arises when other posts are based on the prior one.  Correcting past posts can change the continuity of the story (which as silly as it sounds, it quite important to me). 

Honestly, I read the post, and wasn't confused by it. 

Farquad said he was going to join in, and then something came up and couldnt.  I figured I could NPC him a bit.  The group needs a healer after all.

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Yeah I just wanted to clarify that she was harmlessly curious. Is it possible to learn a skill throughout the story having it not be a feat but just some growth and development of the character? Like if I made friends with a healer and got the person to teach me stuff, would Arya learn it?

furryoldlobster

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

furryoldlobster

I believe there's a 2nd level ranger spell for healing too!!
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Tokilin

You are correct Millarz! You don't need a roll for that, the only time you would need a roll would be to do something challenging, or something that would depend on luck. Zito did not need to roll to spot Aila in the room, she wasn't concealed or hidden.

But just because you didn't have to roll, doesn't mean you're going to get your way. You're talking to Aiden, the Chaotic Evil Kitten. I don't know what response he'll give, and neither does Furry. The beauties of having characters talk to other characters.

Also, just to clarify, you don't need to roll when asking stuff like that to an NPC either, the only times when you think he's bluffing, or you're trying to lie to him.

Blaidrug

XD Makin' me sound like a cheesey villain from a cartoon.

Chuckles the Silly Piggy, anyone? XD
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Zito

To be fair, you're character seems to me to be one that goes "He, he, Fire! Fire! Fire! Hehehehe." as he lights randing things on fire. While saying this he, would probably be jumping up and down XD. That's my vision of Aiden at least lol.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Thanks for making that post toki.  I was busy with a long DM answer on adventures. 

He's absolutely correct.  successful spot checks lead to further description from the DM and to even find hidden treasure.  We're playing with the idea of doing spot checks in combat and I'm pretty I've figured out a decent way.  We're going to test it out later today on Maiden. 
~ cinema sign.

Blaidrug

Admittedly that's what I'm kind of going for XD
But with a refined calm in most other moments.

And that'll be interesting, Furry!

Zito

Yeah, I noticed in that last bit when Arya was nice to him, Aiden was very friendly. I'm hoping that maybe I can get Aiden to teach Zeeto some fire magic :P

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Blaidrug

>.>
<.<
*sneakily inserts my OWN header in*

Name: Aiden               Bonuses:               Str: -1     Con: +1
Health Points: 5/5                                            Dex: +4     Int: +2
Strain Points: 13/15                                                Wis: +1    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 12                                             Com: +0   Luk: 10

Ok, out of curiosity (haaa cats) what do I put for bonuses? Cause, as a mewling, I have a lot of bonuses to various kinds of checks, like dodging, sneaking, disguise, jumping, etc.

Also, Z, we shall see >;D