Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Question for y'all!

Started by Blaidrug, February 26, 2014, 01:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaidrug

So, I'm in a pickle. I want to start my Youtube channel off with a survival series. Basically, the idea is "How to survive in a single biome." I'll either create a world that's virtually entirely made up of one biome or I'll use the Large Biomes world option, not sure yet.
This would inevitably expand into how to survive in the bigger mods, like the LOTR mod, and different modpacks.

But, idk what biome I should start off with.
I could go simple and start with the plains, or should I start off with something harder, like a dark forest or maybe even the ocean?

And, obviously, it wouldn't be just survival. The goal for each season (one biome per season) would be to build a thriving city of some kind, a permanent base free from worry of starvation, attack, etc, with a general theme matching the biome it's in. So a large, medieval city for plains, for example, or an Atlantis type city underwater.

What do you guys think? What would you say would be a more entertaining, interesting place to start?
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Tslat

Could always create a world and edit it so it'll only be one biome in size..I could do that if you need
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Woodsy1995

Do Hexxit Easy on CPU and Really fun
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Blaidrug

That's what I was meaning in the first post, T.
lol I make maps, I has skillz, my friend.

And woodsy, I was actually planning on doing that one too, eventually. But I kind of want to start out Vanilla, just to get a baseline for what the series will be like

Zito

I say start in the ocean. That would be the hardest imo.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Blaidrug

That's kind of what I was thinking too, actually.
Would definitely draw people in to watch, at least ;D

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Blaidrug

But, idk if I should give myself a tiny, desert island (3 by 3 if anything XD) or if I should just drop myself in the ocean.

Millarz

I'd say give yourself an island. People might get sick of seeing you just swimming. Building a platform for yourself in the ocean isn't too interesting to watch. A platform already there would speed up the process. You might want to make a single block of grass in the middle of the ocean instead of a desert though.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Zito

I like the idea of a small island! Like Millarz mentioned, it would speed up the beginning a bit. No one likes watching you swim up and down building a platform XD.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

endlord1470

hmmmm, i think that you should do ocean, but have a small island with some starting resources, like trees, a few ores,etc.

that'll give you a little head start on the series

smith1701

I can not imagine how painful it would be to watch in a ocean. How to survive in a single biome on hard that's not in the ocean.
I don't mean to offend if I did. Play how you want. I'm just a dude who likes to dig holes and mine your doing more than I am.