Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millarz

Arya recaps her plan, "Alright, it looks like we're in agreement. Xavier, Kirito, and I will go in and scope out the place. Kirito will relay what we're going to do next based on what we see. Can you set the link up now, Kiri?"
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Blade7737

"yes" ("Ok danny can you hear me well i guess hear im not shure if this is sound or what")

danny4rest

"I don't think hear is the right word but yes I am aware of what your thinking. Best of luck to you guys and just tell us if you get caught."
Daniel replies before sitting with the elf.

Blade7737

"ok let's go the link is in-set"

Millarz

"Good. Now I think it's best we're as inconspicuous as possible, an Mayar's a dead givaway." Arya grabs a concealed necklace from under her shirt and reveals a wolf tooth. She kneels down holding the necklace in her palm. Mayar touches the tooth with the tip of his nose. The instant he does so, his body seems to be drawn up into the tooth like he is being sucked into a black hole. He disappears from sight, and Arya is left holding a glowing tooth. She tucks it under her shirt and shivers. "I hate doing that," she grumbles. "I feel like I'm missing a part of myself now." Indeed she did feel a bit paler and quite a bit queasy, but this is most likely all in her head. Mayar is still there after all. He just isn't readily physically accessible or visible. "Alright, let's go," she says, recovering from a grimace. She walks up to the guards, absentmindedly twiddling her necklace between her fingers. Upon reaching a close proximity to the gate, she drops her hands and looks as unassuming as she possibly can while she scans the area for anything noteworthy. All the while, the ranger never stops walking.

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Blade7737

As they slowly walk up Kirito grabs arya's hand afraid hoping this plan does not fail.

furryoldlobster

Kirito, Arya, and Xavier approach the gate.  Four guards in plate armor stand before them.  "Halt right there!", shouts one of them.  The massive guard steps forward.  In his armor he's at least 6'5"and probably 300 lbs.  Already grasping a maul, this man breathes intensity.  He's got an emblem on the neckline of his helmet, where the others do not.  Its a series of three ~ stacked on one another.   Perhaps it signifies a higher ranking.  "State your purpose in Shaded City, or prepare to be detained"

The three don't see much beyond the towering cobblestone gate pillars, or the four heavily armored guards that make for better doors than windows.  The general store to the left is boarded up.  The ruins that used to be the guild are still ruined.  The armorer's shop is boarded up, just like the general store.  Beyond that, everyone seems to be on high alert.  Only a few civilians walk the streets.  Everyone else is a guard or dastardly looking city official.

Meanwhile back at the oak...

Zeeto and Daniel rest in waiting with S'kavara (yep he's still here) close by;  the sniper knows the proper time to reveal himself on his own terms.  The others are nearly at the gate when...

*cRaCk*
*tHUnk*

...a rather odd thing falls out of the tree's foliage directly between Zeeto and Daniel, narrowly avoiding them.  Its no human sized oak gall.  Its a human sized human!  The figure rights itself revealing a female with long strawberry blond hair and eyes with shades of both blue and grey.  standing upright, she's 5'10" but looks like a sturdy adventurer who can hold her own in combat.  Before Zeeto and Daniel can let a word out...

*cRacK*

...the branch on which she was balancing finally gave way and falls precisely on her head, knocking her back to earth.   
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

While Arya is certainly put off by the threat of detainment in her own home city, she manages to not become incited by the utter rudeness of it. Then again, she is attepting to steal a steed from these people. "I am Arya, of the Shaded City Guild," she states. "I was out attempting to find the culprits of the explosion and wish to be let back in to my home city. This man here is helping me and this boy is under my care. May we please pass, sirs?"

Roll for good measure
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

danny4rest

Its raining... Women?
Daniel stares at the woman and turns to Zeeto and says
"I... Am not even surprised anymore..., What do we do with her?"

furryoldlobster

"The guild!?", exclaims the guard.  "alotta help you did us!"  The team could sense the guard's terrible spelling even through spoken word.  "We were attacked last night.  A giant horde of goblins has the town in shambles.  We haven't had time to clear them all out yet, so no one is allowed in.  Its for your own good"

Meanwhile, back at the oak...

The human is still very conscious, despite the log sized tree branch intrusion.  She stands to brush herself off once again.  This time, no further falling objects stand in her introduction!
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya goes on full alert at the guard's heavy, albeit poorly spelled words. "Goblins? They must be the same as the ones that attacked the first time! Do you know what direction they came from? Please sir, we must be let in. We could gather more clues about these goblins and put an end to them." And get that steed back of course, though the goblin attack is at the forefront of Arya's mind. To Kirito, she mutters under her breath, "Update them on this please?" She spoke in unspecific terms just in case she was a bit louder than she thought she was.

Roll for I don't know what
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Blade7737

(danny the guards are saying that the city was attacked by a giant wave of goblins and no one is aloud into the city the armor shop and other biuldings are bourded up)

furryoldlobster

The disgruntled guard looks down on the ranger.  She could feel his eyes from behind his face covering helmet.  "Listen missy!", he raises his voice.  Just as everyone readies themselves for a maul strike, the guard exhales an exasperated sigh.  He clears his throat, then speaks.  "I'm sure you mean well, but orders are orders.  The only thing coming through this gate are supplies.  And there's no way the sheriff will let anyone else help out on this investigation.  He's adamant about controlling this case himself.  None of us have seen him like this before".   

courtesy of Arya's charm attempt
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya is initially surprised by the guard's raised voice, as she didn't know what she said that would provoke any anger. She chalks the outburst up to the stress of the goblin attack weighing in his mind. The ranger weighs her options at the gate. The three of them could force their way in, but that would likely end up in all three of them being jailed. She could demand to see the sheriff, but that would be a crap shoot. Who knows if the guard would concede. It did seem like the guard had a soft spot. Perhaps she could convince him to let them in. If all else failed, she could try spirit walking in, but she'd be alone. And that Thing could be anywhere.
"Oh, I see, sir," she sighs, going with her third plan. Feigning talking to herself, she says, "Orders are orders. This is awful, being kept out of my own home. We're quite capable fighters. I fought off the last attack before this one If you ask me, the Sheriff's been a little off his rocker lately." She leans in closely to the guard as if she was saying something highly confidential. "The last time the goblins attacked, he ate one of their bodies instead of keeping it for evidence," she whispers. "I worry for his mental health. It's all on him to figure things out." She shakes her head and says quite loudly under her breath, "And he told us to investigate the last attack. We could help with this one, take some pressure off the sheriff. We have information to report to him, darn it." Again, the ranger looks up innocently at the guard and asks, "There's no way we could be let in to help? No way at all?"

Bring on the charm :3
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 19/19                                              Dex: +3     Int: +3
Strain Points:  20/24                                                Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                                 Luk: 9

"I'd have to say we ask her why she was spying on us in this Oak tree." Zeeto replies to Daniel's question. Turning to the new arrival, Zeeto asks "So, why were you hanging out above us?"

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

"Stop!", yells a disembodied voice from the tree.  "She owes me a life debt!"  Down from the Tree falls a small black cat with glowing red eyes.  Its Aiden!  The last time anyone saw fire-inclined feline was at the same battleground on which Kirito mounted and rode a very befuddled wolverine.  "And, with that debt, I choose to follow her around and watch the chaos.  Bad luck seems to follow her to the depths.  Its hilarious"

A closer inspection of the broken branch reveals several spots of singed bark.  It seems the last bit of bad luck may have had some fiery help.  All eyes shift to the fire-mage mewling.  "Like I said...hilarious"

The guard, although soundly listens to Arya's offer of aid, balks at the notion that his sheriff has mental health issues.  "How dare you!  The sheriff is a good man and would never eat a goblin".  Arya could sense the guard's eyes roll at the word, 'goblin'.  "You have five seconds to leave, or be detained!"   The guard may have a soft-spot for Arya, but is unwavering at this moment.  These three will not get through shaded city's main gate while this guard is in charge. 

~ cinema sign.

gargulous

Shaking her head in confusion, the female human looks warily about, gripping the haft of her unreadied weapon and fumbling for her shield (seeking not only signs of any threat, but some signs of where she is [/roll]1d20[/roll] )

<sigh...i will learn to roll dice...eventually... ;D>

gargulous

so, rolling the dice take...erm, 5...hehe

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

danny4rest

Daniel, upon seeing the woman fumble for her weapon, draws his axe.
"We mean you no harm, but if your intent is hostile I would suggest you rethink it as you would find us to be capable of defending ourselves"
He says also eyeing the kitten
Could this be like the other? Maybe it is a Rakshasa child... This group travels with too many demons

Blade7737

Kirito steps in front of arya and lets go of her hand and looks the guard straight in the eyes " is there a problem" and Kirito's eyes start to glow as if trying to take over the guards mind

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

(im trying to user that spell where it makes them like a companian to try to let us through)

furryoldlobster

Astrid regains her bearings scopes out her environment.  She remembers hiding in the large oak at the urge of Aiden.  The small mewling has been following her quite some time.  He claims she owes him some sort of life debt; but in reality, it seems like he has nothing better to do than to follow the cleric around. 

The are two others next to her.  An elf; undisturbed by the falling debris and in some kind of trance.  And a large human; at least six and a half feet tall in a leather breastplate, grasping at a rather intimidating greataxe. 

Daniel feels a sudden surge of energy flow out of him.  He is no longer connected to Kirito.

Meanwhile at the gate...

In Kirito's attempt to mind link with the guard caused a sudden drop from the link with Daniel.  However, Kirito has successfully linked himself with the guard without the others notice...for now.

Mind Link causes 7 strain on Kirito

Name: Kirito               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 12                                    Dex: +1   Int: +3
Strain Points: 13/20                      Wis: +2    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 11                                   Luk: 11

~ cinema sign.

Zito

Health Points: 19/19                                              Dex: +3     Int: +3
Strain Points:  20/24                                                Wis: +2    Cha: +1

"Daniel, I do not think the woman means any harm. Besides, she is traveling with our former fiery companion here, Aiden. It is good to see you again Aiden, how did the wolverine ride go?" Even though he just said he doesn't think they mean any harm, Zeeto is ready to cast a few spells at a moment's notice. He knows the Cat does not have much restraint when he feels the urge to burn something. Zeeto's only problem is, he's not sure that his magic is strong enough to fight the miniature fire mage. He's seen what the creature can do.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

No, Kirito! Arya thinks in her head without moving her facial features. You should have done that if my persuasion didn't work. Now we're coming in by force. She outwardly sighs slightly and regains her focus on the outer world. "Thank you for letting us through, kind sir," she says with a small smile. "Make sure you keep hold of him until we're out of site," she whispers to Kiri. With the guard problem solved at least, she makes haste inside the gate and sets off to find the location of the sheriff, preferably before the sheriff finds her.

Sheriff Search
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

gargulous

Aastrid warily releases her grip on her spear and ceases fumbling for her shield. Slowly she raises her hands in a non-aggressive gesture. She thinks to  herself "that cat, could it be a sending from the gods of ill fortune?" She turns her frosty blue eyes upon the elf and human, saying with a thick accent, "I mean no harm. Where am I?"

Blade7737

"the link broke with danny i had to do something im sorry" Kirito whispers to arya

danny4rest

Daniel returns his axe to its holster and relaxes slightly, still wary of the kitten,
"You are just outside the shaded city." Daniel says

gargulous

Bowing slightly before Daniel, Aastrid wracks her memory. Has she heard of the Shady City before? Out loud she says "Thank you, I appear to be far from home. My name is Aastrid, priestess of (assuming use of Norse pantheon is appropriate here) Frigga, lady of the Valkyries, warrior, and governess of magic and wisdom."

Tokilin

Name: Aila Drakesberth               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 23/26                                        Dex: +2     Int: +0
Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2
Armour Class: 14                                            Luk: 15

Her eyes opened slowly, the vision slowly returning. Her brain felt fuzzy and deprived of essential nutrients. Was this how Arya felt every time she awoke from a bacon deficiency fit? It was a terrible feeling. Looking around, Aila examined the landscape. Clearly she was just recently apart of a fight, but couldn't remember the out come. Judging by the fact she was still in the area alive, her party must have won... but then where were her party members? Aila could only hope that they hadn't left ahead of her towards town, but there really weren't a lot of options. Sighing, she began the long arduous walk back towards town.

Walking by the crater formed from the explosion, she couldn't help but be curious. The ideas of what could have probably happened swam in her head. They didn't stay long though as the lack of nutrients from the BDS fit kept her head rather cloudy. Still with no choice but to head forward, Aila began the long walk towards town.

Go ahead and PM me Furry, I'm just trying to butt in somewhere. Even if it means I'll be late to the scene. Kind of upset Aila got left behind though... :P
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Zito

"I am Zeeto, of the Shaded City Guild. Or rather, I was. There isn't much left of the guild these days..." Zeeto says.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

"Ease yourselves a bit.  We mean you no harm", states Aiden.  "Well...not intentionally anyway".  Aiden looks about to notice a lack of several party members.  "Where's the others...wait don't tell me.  If you're here, then they're trying to sneak into town?".  The small cat shakes his head in disapproval after the rhetorical question.  "Why leave a Mewling's job to a group of hominids....", he brazenly mumbles as he scampers off to the gate and enters with ease.   

Kirito, Arya, and Xavier cautiously pass the well guarded gate.  The guards themselves are instantly suspicious that their superior would disobey direct orders.  "Sir!", they overhear.  "Sir!  What is the matter with you?  Are you listening?".  The guards receive no response.  Did those wandering strangers discreetly poison their commander?! Kirito, Arya, and Xavier are maybe twenty feet away when they hear "Halt where you stand!" from behind them.  It appears their clever rouse might be over. 

Aila doesn't have to wander far before a particularly peaceful wolverine confronts her.  Without warning it grabs her in its jowls and flips her onto its back.  Soon-after, she masters the illusive sport of wolverine wrangling and riding.  It takes almost no time before she's arrived at the oak to confront her allies who were so quick to abandon an unconscious girl in the woods. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"Why hello there Aila. How good of you to finally join us." Zeeto says when she arrives, quick to place the blame on her rather than the party.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Gold: 2, 5 SP                                                        Wis: +0    Cha: +2

Aila's face was horrified by the time she got to the location, after being forced onto the steed-like wolverine, her inability to keep stomach solid while riding anything crept up on her. She couldn't get off of the beast until it stopped at the location because she was focusing on not throwing up. This just wasn't her day. Between BDS and riding something, not only was her brain funny, her stomach was in knots. Upon reaching the small section of her party at the location, she'd come to the realization that she'd been replaced! She wasn't happy. Soon after she realized that there was also another in the party she didn't fully recognize. Wasn't he at the fight on the enemy team?

Aila stepped back a bit, her legs quivering from the state her body was in. She'd have to rely on the elf to explain things, although he was the least competent in the party he was the one she knew without a doubt was on her side. she hoped. She was ditched in the forest after all. "Between ditching me in the woods and somehow losing a couple party members, and gaining a few, you have a lot of explaining to do elf." She wasn't happy with his innocence in greeting her. This elf will probably end up taking her full fury... secretly of course, she was a rogue after all.

danny4rest

Well... I was wondering when she would spring up
Daniel turns to Zeeto before saying
"I thought you said she was just resting?" Daniel then shakes his head and sits against the tree again
"Well anyway, I forgot to say this but the boy cut contact with me, so I would suggest you save your lovers spat until after we make a plan on how to deal with this."

Zito

"I agree. We need to head to the city and find the rest of the party. We need to find out why the link was cut." Zeeto replies.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Link? Aila couldn't see a rope connected towards the city. All she knew was that they had been camped outside the town and there were now some guards around the gate. "So the others are in the city? Why is it being guarded anyway?" Aila wasn't fully aware of what was going on. Supposedly they needed to get into the city that was previously an open one. Judging from the view she could see the guards turned away from them confronting something just inside the gate. If they wanted to take a chance at getting in, now would be their chance. If that didn't work, they could smooth talk their way in. Surely they had something or someone the town wanted that they could barter their way through with. Would help even more if they were expecting that something or someone to show up.

Millarz

Arya freezes as she is told to do. She inwardly curses at how sour things have turned in an instant. Oh, if Kirito had just let them come in without force. Sigh. She couldn't blame him though. She had thought of the idea as well and had nearly asked him to confuse the guard. Slowly, she pivots on her toes to face the guards while wielding a confused look, "What's wrong, sirs?" she asks as if she had just waltzed into her home and someone was trying to stop her. Which, essentially, is what is happening. She furrows her brows further and releases them with an "oh" in sudden (false) realization. "Is this about the whole lock down thing on the town? It's alright. We're part of the Shaded City Guild. Well, what's left of it." The last part she mutters under her breath in genuine bitter pain. The memories of some of her comrades who had died in the explosion briefly flash in the ranger's mind and she has to close her eyes to keep a few stray tears from spilling out. It is only a wave of emotion though, and as quickly as she can, she shakes herself out of her head. "Sorry about that," she apologizes as she wipes the rim of her eyes on her sleeve. "I lost some friends in that explosion. Anyways, we're here to help the sheriff sort out the goblin attack. I know he said he wanted to do it by himself, but this is a hard job and one person really can't take care of the entire city all by himself. He'll compromise the safety of the city trying to juggle this multi-man job by himself. We also have sensitive information on the previous explosion that we really must get to him urgently. So if you'll be so kind, sirs, we'll be off to find him." She starts walking immediately off in the direction she assumes the sheriff would be.

Suave Speaking
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Blade7737

Kirito immediately stops in his tracks afraid something went wrong arya walking off slowly away infront of him but not following her stood there afraid fear in his eyes

zerokiriyu

S'kavara sits well out of earshot of the group, but with his feline ears he can easily hear most of their conversation. Normally while stalking someone he would really listen, but the events that have come to pass had his mind running wild. "Why is my past coming up now!? I left that life hidden away when my mother was killed, why is it rearing its head now?" His attention was returned to the group when a women seemed to fall from the tree, soon followed by a small black mass. Aidens voice was almost to easy to hear. "Aiden!?" He quickly slapt his hand over his mouth in hopes that no one had heard him.
Zero-

furryoldlobster

S'kavara's verbal slip doesn't go unnoticed by all as Aiden heads into town unbeknownst to the guard patrol.  Zeeto keen elven ears easily pick up the word.  He turns around to see a pair of large cat ears poking out of a lone bush.  He figured the Anthro Panther wouldn't be far behind.  The group, now consisting of Zeeto, Astrid, Daniel, Aila, and now S'kavara heads towards the town gate. 

Meanwhile, inside the gates...

"How about he comes to you?", questions a nearby voice.  Kirito, Arya, and Xavier immediately turn towards it to see a gaunt grey haired man with a similar emblem to head guard, only the three '~' stacked on one another is encircled by a bold golden ring.  Arya immediately recognizes him as the sheriff.  "Well...well...well...look what the cat dragged in...its about time you lot showed up".  The sheriff looks sincerely happy to see Arya and her companions.  He signals his guards to head back to their post.  "...speaking of cats...where is that manther friend of yours?  I'll have my men prepare several saucers of milk". The sheriff enthusiastically shakes Kirito's and Xavier's hands.  "I'm sheriff Reynolds, and its a pleasure to meet'cha.  Where's the rest of your allies?  Last I saw, there was an elf and a gnome accompanying you"

Barely a moment later the guards stop Aila, Zeeto, Daniel, Astrid, and S'kavara from entering the gate.  "Ah, you seemed to beat them here", states Sheriff Reynolds.  "Its alright, men.  They're welcome in the Shaded City", he yells to the guards.  The rest of the group reunites near the sheriff.  Arya, Xavier, and Kirito are surprised to see several faces:  Aila, now in front of them, was left unconscious in the forest during the last battle.  Astrid is the other surprise.  Are party members growing from trees now?!

"I'm glad to see y'all here.  Last night, Shaded City fell victim to a goblin raid, but unlike any one I've seen before".  Based on his age, Reynolds has seen quite a few.  "I need to show you something that only a few have seen".  Sheriff Reynolds guides the group into a nearby building.  The door is well barred with several padlocks, and requires another lock for door handle itself.  He rushes everyone inside and closes the door behind him.  The room is dimly lit by a candle chandelier with at least half of the wicks extinguished.  Directly below is a table occupied by a tarp covered object.  "We lost a lot of men last night", says Reynolds with remorse.  "But not every death was in vain.  One of them managed to take out a goblin officer before losing his own life".  The sheriff dramatically flings the tarp off of what at first seems like deceased goblin.  "This isn't a goblin".  The sheriff grabs what looks like a tuft of skin around the fallen creatures neck and peels it over its face revealing its true visage.  Its an Anthro Panther like S'kavara, although he doesn't recognize this particular individual!  "There is something else entirely going on here, and it involves more than delicious gobl...I mean dastardly goblins"

~ cinema sign.

gargulous

as they walk toward the city, Aastrid asks the group "What can I expect when we arrive at this city"

Zito

Zeeto, having heard the Manther's word, decides to let it go for now. He decides to just listen carefully, and keep an eye out for anything suspicious the Manther might be planning. Meanwhile, he answers Aastrid's question. "To be honest, I'm not sure. Last we saw of the city it was a free city with a demolished guild. Our job, when we left the city, was to find out who destroyed the guild. We really haven't found out anything yet, unfortunately. There was an Anthro Panther with us for quite some time, and he knows something about it. However, he is not willing to share his knowledge with the rest of us, as he is a greedy and conniving Manther. He just wants to do things to his own ends, without regard for anyone else's safety or concerns. He is pure evil in my humble opinion." He says the last line with a smirk barely noticable unless you have a very, very keen eye. He hopes the manther was watching and listening to the exchange, as Zeeto was trying to get him riled up. Maybe the Manther will make a slip and another member of the party will notice him.

After arriving in the city, Zeeto meets up with the rest of the party, who has apparently made it through alright. Although Zeeto is still wary of a trap, he goes along with the Sheriff when he leads them to the new location. Zeeto is very cautious the whle time, checking all around him for anything and anyone that may be waiting to ambush him. After all, the last he knew of his relationship with the Sheriff, Zeeto was a wanted Elf. He's not really sure why, but the Sheriff even hired a mercenary to go after him. Well, you couldn't exactly call Daniel a mercenary, albeit he definitely has the look of one about him. He was more blackmailed in to the job than hired. Come to think of it, the store owner they harassed a bit way back when could have been the reason he was wanted. Although Arya and Lanor did just as much to wrong the shopkeep as he himself did. Ah well, no sense dwelling on that now.

Soon after arriving at the new area, the Sheriff reveals the Anthro-Imposter. Zeeto isn't really sure what to think about this. He does know one thing though, it confirms his suspicions. The Manther, S'kavara, knows much more about this than he has let on. Zeeto is definitely going to have to make sure the Manther does not get away this time. "How did you find out this was not a Goblin?" Zeeto asks the Sheriff. "I figured you were an eat first ask questions later kind of guy myself."

Spot Check to keep an eye on the Manther (The living one):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

Spot check to look out for an ambush:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

gargulous

"So," says Aastrid once she takes in all that has happened. "I find myself in the company of an assortment of members of a guild that has been destroyed, who have returned from a mission to find intelligence on the perpetrators. We return to the city to discover that while away it was attacked by what appeared to be goblins, but in fact at least one of the officers turns out to be a Manther...same type of beast as this S'kavara that you, Zeeto, believe to be evil. Perhaps we should detain this other Manther, next time it appears, for questioning?"

danny4rest

Daniel shakes his head as he says
"Well, a goblin invasion is one thing but, a Rakshasa one? This is a little above our pay grade... Especially those of us who are still owed debts." on this last word he looks at the sheriff.

Zito

"I agree with you both, we need to detain this Manther, and Daniel needs to be paid. Sheriff, I ask that you return Daniel's steed." Zeeto says.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

S'kavara follows the team late into town.  The guards give him little trouble and let him past by order of the nearby sheriff.  Though by the time he's caught up, he barely notices the last of them head into an unmarked building, not far from the gate.  He's close enough to clearly overhear the following conversation. 

Meanwhile, inside the unmarked building...

"Eat first!", balks the sheriff.  "That's exactly how I found him out!"  The group's gaze glides down the creature's arm to see a sizable bite taken out of it.  "It was a truly disappointing night..."

"Anyway, with you lot here, I'm gonna make an order to open up the city.  All the stores will reopen...which brings me to the elf.  The armorer says you used magic on him to pilfer supplies.  He's already sent a couple of lads into the woods after you.  They haven't been seen since.  He's also paid my own men to take matters into their own hands.  Suffice it to say, I've ended that nonsense.  Daniel, your steed has been cared for by the very same men who led you into the wilderness.  I made sure of it!  I'll have him waiting outside the main gate when you're ready to leave town.  Now the armorer himself is a racist old coot.  His shoddy stock makes a mockery of this once great township.  Plus, I've had reports that his inventory was illegally obtained, but no investigation has revealed concrete evidence.  We've since dropped the case, but its not far from my mind.  Zeeto, you don't have to worry about backlash from my men, but you might want to apologize to the armorer himself. 

"And that brings me to the Manther....he's got some 'splainin to do".  The Sheriff means explaining...probably. "He catwalks into town, and then a day later a group of fake goblin Manthers attacks?  What kinda cat-man-coincidence is that?  He may not have anything to do with the attack, but he's gotta have a story.  Find him!  The sake of the town, and possibly your fallen guild, could rely on it

~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Aila looked over the 'goblin' laying on the table. "So these are anthro panthers..." she thought to herself, wondering whether or not S'kavara really had anything to do with this scenario or not. "This cat must've spent a lot of time in that costume to rise to a higher rank in the goblin world, that or there's interesting magic being used in this case. I doubt our Kitty could possibly pull off something this... extreme. He's far to laid back to care about attacking this town. He does happen to be the only manther we now though, questioning wouldn't hurt. Did you find anything discriminating on his corpse? Maybe a fancy weapon? An insignia of sorts? Once we find our Kitty, even if he doesn't know anything, he might recognize something." Aila had been out cold for the past day, she had no clue where or when S'kavara had vanished and really wasn't going to be much help in locating him. With that logic in mind, Aila decided to solve the problem that's been keeping her brain fuzzy. "So is the town free to roam in? We might find some more links on the battleground involving this case... and if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to purchase some food... meat products if you've got them... I'll stay away from goblin meat though."

furryoldlobster

The sheriff leads everyone out of the lone door and outside.  Notice to open the city must have gone out because there's already a dozen citizens walking around.  Arya notices the friendly general store shopkeeper removing the boards from his stop's windows.  The Armorer is spotted just a few minutes later to do the same with his store. 

"Don't tell anyone else of what you've seen", starts Reynolds as he locks and bolts the door behind him.  "Look around.  These good people don't need to feel any more tension.  They need to feel safe, and any news of goblin officers in disguise...well it won't help this town".  He takes a deep breath and sighs.  "Of course, we also need to find out what this all means...just keep it on the down-low.  If you find anything at all, let me know.  I'll be at the inn"

The group gets a much better look at the town from their location.  The general shop and armorer are nearly fifty feet to the right, with the guild ruins in between the two.  Further ahead lies the inn as well as a towering oak, or whats left of it.  The goblin raid left damages throughout town, and more than half of this grand flora has been burnt to embers.  The residential district is just past it, and is equally worse for wear.  Destroyed furniture is flung out of windows and into the street.  Those are the lucky families.  Some plots have nothing left but ashes on top of a cobblestone foundation.   

A cloaked S'kavara, blending quite well into the now forming crowd, spots the team leave an unmarked building from his position. 

"Psst!", sounds a familiar voice somewhere below S'kavara.  "Down here".  Its Aiden!  The tiny mewling continues, "Last night's attack was more than a goblin strike".  The clever fire-mage managed to overhear the sheriff speak with the group.  "Anthro panthers have something to do with the attack.  It sounds like the group doesn't believe you're involved, but they think you know something.  It might be time to come clean.  You can't run from your past forever"
~ cinema sign.

zerokiriyu

S'kavara leans down, and holds out his right arm, in an offer for the cat to ride his shoulder again."While that may be true, what if my past only angers them? What if it angers her...."
Zero-

Tokilin

Aila began walking towards the inn, it was the first place she could think of where she could buy food. She pulled out her coin purse and counted the miniscule amount of gold she had. Think back to it, they had never divided up the gold they had found done in the cave house thing. She figured she'd bring it up at a later time, right now she was thinking of her headache and growling stomach. Walking into the Inn, she eyed the area as she picked up the menu and sat at a table.

Eye Balling the Room:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
   Looking over towards the stewardess, Ailla gestures that she wanted the meal with the most meat while holding up five silver pieces. Hopefully the drum in her head would stop soon after ingesting the poor animals.

Millarz

Arya had been paying attention, nodding at the right times in the conversation, and taking in the heavy news of an anthro panther attack. She mulled over the new information quietly in her head as the rest of her party talked with the sheriff. How could an anthro panther be disguised as a goblin? More importantly, why? Do they wish to start a war? Are the goblins and manthers buddy-buddy or did the goblins really not know the general was a manther? Or are the goblins under control of the kitties? There are too many questions swimming around in the ranger's head now. She sighs and takes out her necklace. Mayar leaps out of it and his soft glow on her skin releases some of the tension from her body. Ah, there you are Mayar. I was missing you.

And of course, the was the matter of S'kavara. It's mighty suspicious that he just happened to leave the group right before a manther attacked her home city. The dead officer couldn't be S'kavara, right? Arya had been too busy thinking in her head much to get a good look at the dead cat. She hoped it wasn't S'kavara. Even if he could be an annoying, stubborn, somewhat evil hairball, she still did have a soft spot for her old party member. Aiden too. Speaking of Aiden, didn't she just see him walking into the city with the others? She looks around and sees not her adorable kitty companion but the general store owner whom she makes a mental note of visiting again and a new face she's never seen before. She walks over to the stranger, a woman much larger than she, and introduces herself, "Hello, I'm Arya. I see you've met half of my party. Who might you be?"