Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Update regarding Walls and Doors.

Started by Obi42, January 27, 2014, 05:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi42

Just an update regarding the rules.

One of the rules has always been that walls have to mean something. No pilaring over or digging through them.

Another rule from a while back, that didn't make it's way to the forum post, was that doors must as well.  If you are digging through blocks and replacing them to use as a door, then it needs to be an actual door, redstone or otherwise. No more replacing the blocks just to keep others (or mobs out).

City gates are allowed to be locked, at all times if you choose. House/personal base gates can be locked if you're inside, but not otherwise (they must be unlocked if you log off).

To this effect, mining through City gates (or walls) will no longer be allowed.  Mining through blocks and then replacing them to gain entrance to your personal base, or any other of your builds, will no longer be allowed.

It's never supposed to have been allowed, but these rules will now be enforced.  Walls, gates, and doors all need to mean something.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

Clay

we could use a plugin(LWC) that allows players to lock blocks and give the golems admin rights to the plugin so they can still open chests to steal. We could also protect the builds or walls with worldguard but we would then need to add players to the protected region to build. just protecting permanent walls may be useful bc we wouldnt have to add players to the protected regions.

take a look around at different plugins and let me know if u find one that u think might help solve this problem.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Obi42

For the most part we're good, people have been respecting the walls... the problem has been when players are locked out of their cities, they've just been mining through the gates (large redstone ones) because most don't open from the outside.  We should be fine without the protecting, players either need to make their gates able to be opened from the outside, or some other legal entrance to be able to get in.  Isn't about the Golems on this one, none of the cities are secure enough yet to keep them out.

As for LWC... I don't know if we need it, though I'm familar with it and open to it. Definitely an Allpone conversation.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

Tslat

I don't think lwc would help much, we seem fine, people just havent been taking doors seriously yet
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Clay

just a suggestion, if u ever stumble onto a plugin that u think will help solve a problem let me know
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Zito

I like the LWC idea. I think it would be good, as it would allow players to set who can access their chests.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins