Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Info, Rules, and All that Fun Stuff

Started by Kathryn, January 11, 2014, 05:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn

So for those who have never heard of "Forum Roleplay" before this is it in a nutshell: writing stories with other people. Think of it like that 'continuing the story' game you may or may not have played at camps or in school as a kid — somebody starts with "once upon a time" and the next person continues the story. Forum Roleplaying works on the same basis but rather than emphasis on plot (while that is important) the emphasis is more on Character Development. In short people have one or more characters and they interact with the character(s) that belong to other people. Not so hard, now is it?

The only real rule that I have for this forum is RESPECT. Respect me, respect all other admins, and respect your roleplaying partners — this includes the younger members of our community. Because the role-play server is PG (though the forums technically have no age restrictions) I want to see titles with ratings for content — if you're doing something that's 18+ then just put in the title as whatever you're going to name it as and [18+]. Similarly, you use [PG], [PG 14], etc. as is appropriate. While we're talking about titles keep in mind that there are two different kinds of Roleplay — Private and Open. If you want to write with just one other person just add Private to the title and if it's Open to everybody then add Private to the title (Eg. the topic would be something like "The Book Adventure [Private: PG14]" or "A Fishing Fiasco [Open: PG]" as is appropriate).

While it's encouraged that you use your character from the role-play server I'll allow other characters, so long as you set up a profile for them — which you can paste in here.

Length restrictions will depend on your partner; it may be a good idea to discuss ahead of time whether you want to do as little as single-line dialogue between characters or several hundred words in prose format.

Enjoy!