Main Menu

Cranes 3x3 elevator.

Started by JudgeCrane, November 09, 2013, 02:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeCrane

So I recently wanted to build a ender pearl elevator for getting up and down my base but the ones that I have seen are only 2x2. I WANT 3x3 not 2x2 so im in my test world to shake the worlds knowledge on enderpearlavtors...

So I came up with this design, although there is one flaw that you may fall because there is no middle block.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

JudgeCrane

Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

JudgeCrane

Was my idea to set up some pistons to fill the hole in the center using pistons and thank goodness for redstone blocks. One issue that may come up is the center block may not get to the center as the same time as the other blocks do, so maybe setting up more tripwire farther down the tunnel to pick up the signal faster may help.
And Ill at least have 2-3 of these elevator setups for travel if anyone is wondering. They take you up pretty fast and its only about 60 blocks for my base.

Obi42

That looks neat... I may have to commission one if I ever stock up enough pearls.

Quote from: JudgeCrane on November 09, 2013, 02:42:05 AM
...and thank goodness for redstone blocks.

You can't place redstone blocks on semi right now.  Can only use them for storage :(
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

JudgeCrane

Well thats a letdown luckily, I know some other elevator designs out there.

Zito

How do you work that thing? I've never even heard of something like this...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

Xisuma's tut here.

Enderpearl Elevator Tutorial

Sorta weird how it works but its just a awesome way to go up or down your mine. :D
I said there were only 2x2 I meant that they are only 2 wide and the length can be expandable. Mine are 3 wide, believe I could even do a 4x4.

JL2579 showcases it showing that its faster than flying in creative! I think the redstone hes using for it is dated though so best to follow first videos design :)

Minecraft Creation: Enderpearlelevator V2 !

Zito

Awesome! So that's how they work! That's actually a really simple design in the first video. I might use that one of these days.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

Was watching Zisteau today and in his Lp hes making a pearl elevator with a ceiling that opens and closes on his, I think I might add that.