Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Signs why do you burn?

Started by JudgeCrane, October 15, 2013, 03:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeCrane

So my iron farm is having trouble the signs will eventually break and lava spills on the water so every time I have to replace water, signs and break cobble.
Whats a alternative to signs or a fix for this glitch. Tried ladders also buttons but I doubt they would have worked. I know that there is a topmost sign that is next to the lava that is breaking first but doesnt lead to why all the signs where the cobble is breaking. This is only happening on the front side and happens every few weeks and is a pain.
I could try glass panes and iron bars but they may get the golems stuck... alot.
I could just have them lead into the collection area and have a piston/lava killer but I dont want to have bunch of golems that could cause just a little bit of lag or having them glitch through...Especially dont want to kill glitched ones because will lower popularity with the village.
My best guess is that this is a glitch and the chunk didnt load properly and somehow caused the lava to break the signs.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

JudgeCrane

No reason for signs to break. Unless they suddenly become flammable after 1-2 weeks.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

Tslat

Yeah I suspect it was a glitch..

I'll look into a solution for you
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

JudgeCrane

Thanks Tslat, Ill probably try and make a collection zone for the golems and kill em off when there is about 20+ of them not enough for a small amount of lag but big enough for me to get rewards. Might even make a redstone clock so I wont have to be there to collect.

Tslat

Keep the clock a simple as possible..

Entities mess with the server, for sure..
but so does redstone.
Like what you see here?

JudgeCrane

No worries my redstone just uses like 2 hoppers pistons and repeaters very compact very safe. Hopefully my golems wont ever reach a dangerous amount clock should be able to kill at least 2-3 golems at a time without leaving extras on the server. Hope this will handle my iron automation so ill run some tests on the server sometime see if im netting iron and no golem is left behind.

JudgeCrane

Does my third text post say I Love Claytonia randomly in the sentence lol? Might just be my internet wondering if you see it too?

Malevolent

I reccoment trying trap doors if signs arent working  :-\
Malevolent Gaming, Signing out!

Tslat

"I love Claytonia" is the phrase that replaces "L A G" when said in a post

EDIT: ^ noticed it lol..... thanks woodsy
Like what you see here?

Woodsy1995

From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Zito

When Toki and I did an iron farm on a server we used to play on, signs worked fine...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Yeah they should work fine, but for some reason they didn't lol
Like what you see here?

JudgeCrane

Okay i used the piston killer on about 20 golems got 1.5 stacks of iron also realized a problem on the hopper system that caused me to lose a significant amount of iron : /
Might add a lava blade because the piston takes like 1 minute to kill them and is very loud and annoying. Although fun to watch ^_^

Tslat

Yeah losing iron is definitely a no no
Like what you see here?

JudgeCrane

Thought id post a update on my iron farm, the pathway is built and probably is the most hardest part of this farm at the moment. The hardest thing was figuring out how to get villagers and how to transport them but thats been done for ages. So going to be doubling output sometime soon then build the third and fourth farm.
I haven't looked into numbers much but its at least 32-64 iron an hour sometimes rates are weird but at max farms(4) probably be 3.5 stacks an hour.

Thought Id focus on my farm sense my shop needs to be stocked and I want it to always have stuff to sell all the time. Its been closed temporarily but you can still buy from whats there, guess im saying sorry it hasnt been much use. Going to make buying stuff much easier and maybe work on prices more.

Tslat

I'll be closely watching the strain this particular puts on the server.. For your sake I hope it doesn't take a toll
Like what you see here?

JudgeCrane

Ha dont this 1 hasnt done much to the server least I havent seen, whats another 3 more?

Tslat

That's only what you can see lol
Like what you see here?

Woodsy1995

From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

JudgeCrane

Basically im building another village in that structure in the sky to double my spawn rates. The actual spawning doesnt create lag only if I had a large amount of golems collected it might. I can automate the killing though but automation at the moment isnt needed once I got 4 farms Ill probably be having 20 golems in there all the time easily, and at that point I should make a clock so I wouldnt have to worry about it.

Zito

I don't think this will put much strain on the server... we have quarries on Tekkit that don't even put much strain...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Yes but for some unknown reason Zito, the Tekkit server is actually running smoother than the Vanilla server at the moment
Like what you see here?

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

I know I set myself up lol, but the point still stands
Like what you see here?